Chapter 12: Focus

Giselle and Jordan

After the party at Harrah's the girls and I decided to go to Café Du Monde. We drunkenly wobbled our way there luckily finding a table without having to wait in line. Soon as we sat down I texted Jordan letting him know where we were and that he and the boys should join us.

We were enjoying our orders of beignets and Cafe Au Lait trying to soak up the alcohol when the guys showed up. They all looked tired and warn out. My guess is they drank too much. Which would explain why shawn was missing. He was probably shit faced in bed right now. Hell since I've known him he was always a light weight.

"Hey baby how was your night?" I asked holding his hand into mine.

"It was cool babe. I'm super tired though, y'all almost finished?" He asked.

"Aww the old man gang can't hang no mo!" Jatavia joked.

"Right! I see Shawn tapped out already." Scottie responded causing the girls and I to laugh.

"Huh! he tapped out alright." Reggie scoffed with an expression I couldn't read. Not reading to much into it considering he was probably drunk and tired of walking I turned my attention to my husband who still held my hand.

"Let us finish our coffee and we'll be done okay babe!?"

Jordan nodded yes and took a seat next to me. The fellas followed suit and sat next to their women.

After a long dreadful walk back to our hotel we finally made it back. We said our goodbyes until the morning and retired to our luxury room's. Jordan and I stripped out of our clothes and took a shower with each other. He must've been tired because he would normally take this moment to mess around. Instead he left me with a few soft pecks to my lips and neck before returning to wash himself.

As he was holding a tshirt to wear to bed I playfully snatched it out his hand and slid it over my exposed breast and climbed in bed. He smiled for the first time since we all met back up at cafe du monde and got into the bed with just his Calvin Klein boxer briefs. He kissed my lips making a loud smacking nose and smirked before getting comfortable in bed with one hand placed behind his head. I layed my head on his chest and draped my arm across his abs before closing my eyes feeling sleep takeover.

"Baby?" His deep voice rattled his chest beneath me.

"Yeah babe?" I said with my eyes still closed.

"You know I love you too the moon and back right?"

I smirked as I nodded yes with my eyes still closed.

"And you know I would never hurt you right?" That last question alarmed me and caused me to immediately open my eyes and turn to him.

"Y-yeah babe I know that. But what caused you to ask me that, you got something you wanna tell me?" I questioned with a concerned expression. He opened his eyes and turned to me as well.

He shook his head no with a smirk on his face. Figuring he was just drunk and being sappy and mushy, the anxiety building up inside of me began to dissipate.

"Nah babe. I guess it's just being around all these couples and their different dynamic's then ours I'm just happy about where we our in our relationship. And with us returning back to our regularly scheduled program in a few hours with our baby and crazy ass work schedules I just wanted to reassure you that we good."