Chapter 23: Keep The Family Close Part II

Jordan & Giselle

My eyes had began to water. I couldn't believe that after sixteen years, the name that had almost been erased from my memory, the voice I could no longer recognize and the one person I missed the most was right here. This was proof that god was indeed listening to me. Because for the past few weeks Dave has been on my mind heavy.

I walked up to my brother who was way taller then he was since the last time I saw him when he was 15 and I was 13 years old. I held his face in my hands studying his features. He was so handsome. Safe to say good looks ran in the family. And considering he was just as much a player back then as Devyn is now I know he probably juggling about five different hoes.

"DEE!......It really is you." I said as warm tears came down my face. He smiled back at me flashing his pearly whites.

"I missed you kid! Can I get a hug!?" He asked and of course I obliged. When he wrapped his arms around me I became that same little girl who would run into her big brother's arms after the neighborhood kids would tease me because I had big ass ears. He would hold me as I cried and reassure me I was the most beautiful girl in the world. After he made sure I was okay then he would terrorize every trifling kid that disrespected me.

"Damn baby sis you done grew up on me!" He said as he smiled at me. Now holding my face.

"And you still the most beautiful girl in the world." Ugh! How longed to hear him tell me that once more. It was music to my ears.

"And who this little buff nigga you got pressing me!? He one of your little boyfriend's or something?" I laughed at my brother. He ran away any cute boy that was interested in me so I was interested to see how he would react to Jordan. I pulled Jordan close to me.

"Actually!....Jordan this is Dave my big brother and Dave this is Dr. Jordan Michaels. My husband!" Dave's mouth fell open as the word husband rolled off my tongue.

"Ahh! Damn. Baby sis done bagged a doctor that's what I'm talking bout nigga!" He said excitedly.

"It's nice to meet you Jordan. My bad you felt a little disrespected earlier I just didn't know how to approach her." Face said reaching out for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you too. Gee never told me she had a older brother." Jordan said returning his handshake.

"She probably had her reasons. Our family history is complicated." Jordan nodded his head.

"How Pops and Ya mama? They good?" Dave asked me.

"They're good considering what's going on. It's taking a toll on them."

"Understood"

"Wait! Y'all don't have the same mom?" Jordan turned to me and asked. But before I could respond to his question the door to the actual jail facility swung open. We all stood watched as Tika came out.

"I got him out!" Tika said with a smile. Soon Devyn appeared looking worn out. Soon as he made eye contact with me I ran to him hugging him tight.

"My baby are you okay!? Let me look at you." I step back holding his face as I did Dave to observe his facial features. I could tell he was tired.

"Baby bro you good them niggas didn't try you did they!?" Jordan asked as he embraced Devyn.

"Nah! I'm good y'all. I'm just tired." After Shawn and Terrence greeted him he finally laid his eyes on Dave. He smacked his teeth then turned to Jordan.