Chapter 9: Money

Scottie

"So let me get this straight. After we had the conversation that we wouldn't bring any work related shit on this trip you take on another fucking party while we down here! Seriously Scottie?"

It was Monday and I had just told Shawn about the party I was planning for one of the Saints players at Harras Casino. And as expected, Shawn was pissed.

"Babe I know we said no working on this trip, but it's just a little party. Some quick Cash we can use later, maybe even go on a trip just us."

"Money!? Is that all you care about Scottie? I would love to go kick it at a party at Harras if it was thrown by somebody else. But no, you take these jobs which now I see your doing it behind my back projecting this bullshit like you doing it for us but really you doing it for you and fucking Money!!" Shawn spat.

"Don't do that. Don't try and make it seem like all I care about is money. Especially when every other day you bringing fucking new Shoes, and clothes and jewelry home. I don't understand why you tripping over something so fucking small!" I shot back at him.

The last thing he was gonna do was make it seem like I was the only one who cared about money as much shit he buys on impulse not even caring what the price is or whether it was a necessity or not.

"If it's so damn small you wouldn't have needed to keep it from me for a whole month now would you!? You knew about this a week after you brought up going to New Orleans and ain't said shit. But I forgot my lovely wife could give two fucks about other people and they feelings for a gotdamn check!" He sneered.

"Fuck you Shawn!" I screamed. He was going too damn far over nothing.

"I would love to my dear, but I'm afraid it might come with a price tag."

"Get the fuck out! I understand you mad that I kept this from you but you doing the most right now. So you need to go somewhere and get your shit together before I smack yo ass." I said as I leaned against the dresser in our suite with my arms folding trying not to beat his ass.

"Fine with me, I'm out" Shawn leaves the room abruptly and definitely still pissed. I wanted to call Giselle, but I knew she would probably take his side since everybody seemed to have the same opinion of me. I thought back to what she said at brunch. It got me thinking maybe she was right. Even I knew I worked a lot. But I couldn't help it.

I layed in the bed staring at the ceiling. I 100% loved Shawn more than money, but somewhere along the lines I stopped reminding him of that. Once we come back from New Orleans some serious changes needed to be made.

For now he and I just needed space because we were clearly not each other's biggest fans right now.

******

Shawn

After leaving the room I walked down to bourbon street and sat at a bar and had some drinks. I tried to call Jordan so I could talk to him about what's going on and get some advice, but he never picked up. I forgot Scottie texted everyone they could do their own thing since she would be preparing for her party that's tomorrow, so I'm sure Jordan and Gee were either fucking or spending quality time together. Something that wasn't on the cards for Scottie and I. Nor has it been for awhile now.

As I downed another Shot of tequila I heard a familiar voice call my name. It was a woman's voice.

"Well if it isn't Mr. Chocolate himself, Shawn Michaels." I turned my head to see who it was and to my surprise it was Keyonna.

" I turned my head to see who it was and to my surprise it was Keyonna