Chapter 48: Murder on My Mind

Jordan

Once we left out the hospital We loaded up in an unmarked Van parked in an abandoned parking lot, not too far from the projects Sleazy E's people said Monster and Fresh were in. "Yo Jay! You sure you wanna do this?" Sincere asked. I finished the last bit of my Bud Lite and chucked it out the open doors to the van on to the ground with the other empty cans. I sighed leaning back into my seat. " I don't Sin." I said honestly. My mind was all over the place.

"I want revenge so fucking bad, for what they did to him, but is it worth risking my Wife and kids ya know?"

"I feel you bruh!"

"Ayo! You being there for Devyn after they Shot him is enough. Go be with my sister and ya kids bruh! You don't belong here." Dave said loading up his AR-15.

I scrunched my face up at his words. The fuck that mean I don't belong here!? Like I'm some Green Yuppie nigga that ain't been around the block.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Dave waved me off.

"I just mean you don't need to be caught up in this shit. You held my sister and brother down while I was on my bullshit. If we get caught who gone hold them down then? You earned my respect Jordan. Go home! I got this."

Dave reached out his hand to Me. I accepted and dapped him up. I wanted vengeance, but not at the cost of my family. Just as I was about to hop out and head to a local bar to call an Uber, Sleazy E' received a call from his boys.

"Top of the Top!"

"Aye big homie! Them niggas weaseled they way out the spot! They headed yo way now in a black Lexus!"

"Aww Shi-

Before E' could respond, a black car sped down the street opening fire. Sincere, Dave and I immediately ducked down as the bullets entered the van. Sleazy who was in the drivers seat sped off behind them in hot pursuit. He was on their tail as Dave and Sin shot at them through the open doors.

I had stayed ducked off towards the back as the two groups fired at each other

I had stayed ducked off towards the back as the two groups fired at each other. Both vehicles were now parallel to one another as Dave and Sin shot into the driver side and he shot back.

"Fuck I'm hit!" Dave shouted.

"Shit me too..Damn!" Sincere replies. At the same time the Lexus crashed into a tree in the yard of one of the houses in the neighborhood. The passenger side opened and Frezh got out. Before running into the dark house he shot once more into the van.

I patted down my body not feeling any pain or blood, thank god. "Aye! Y'all good!?" I asked as I tried to catch my breath.

"Yea we'll be alright. We just got hit and these vest." Dave said.

"Shit hurt like a bitch my nigga!" Sincere grunted in pain.

"E' you cool!?" I asked Sleazy as he hissed in pain.

"Hell Nah! One of them goofy ass niggas shot me in my ass cuz!"

Dave, Sincere and I busted out laughing. That wasn't supposed to be funny but it was. "That shit ain't funny!." E' said.

"What we gonna do about Vonté bitch ass?" Sincere asked.

" Fuck him he prolly dead anyway. Let's just go." Dave said.

I sighed. "Let me just check. Soon as I lay my eyes on his ass I'm out."

Dave side eyed Sincere I guess tryna come up with an answer. " Alright! But be quick I'm sure one of these neighbors called twelve by now. And take this."

Dave handed me his chrome Desert Eagle. I took it in my hands feeling the cold steel against my skin.
"Alright I'll be back!" I said turning towards the house.

As I passed the Lexus in the yard I saw Monster dead in the front seat. His body was smoking from the bullets he took.

I quietly entered the house. I pointed the gun out in front of me as I swept through each room on the ground floor before reaching a flight of stairs. I followed the trail of blood going up them. I walked closer to the wall so that the floors wouldn't squeak.

Each room was clear until I made it to the last room where I light was on in the bathroom. I stood in front of Vonté who was sitting on the blue tile floor with smeared blood everywhere..

His head shot up when he heard me cock back on the gun in my hand.

Once we locked eyes he began chuckling, flashing his blood stained teeth. "So they sent the little doctor nigga tuh come kill me huh!? Y'all niggas funny." He laughed.

"Only thing funny is yo ass. You looking like a bowling ball lil nigga. Or maybe I should turn yo ass into a Whale and put a blowhole in ya head bitch!" I smirked.

He scoffed. " Fuck you nigga and yo bitch ass brother."

"Why did you do it?" I asked. Devyn is such a sweet kid, and loves everybody. Why would they try and take his life?

Once again he laughed. " Cause that silver spoon ass bitch took everything from me. And I wanted it all back."

"Well the only thing you getting is a one way trip to hell." I said as my finger rested on the trigger.

"You funny doctor boy." He smiled. " But before I let you niggas take anything else from me, I'll take matters into my own hands."

Before I could respond Vonté pulled out his pistol and put it towards his head and fired. Once the initial shock wore off, I raced down the stairs even falling a couple of times. I just wanted out of that house. Soon as I made it outside I threw up all of the contents in my stomach before climbing into the van urging Ermias to drive away.

The image of Frezh in that bathroom burned in my memory as we drove to a secluded area to burn the van and our clothes.

********

Back at home I patched everyone up. Luckily Dave and Sincere only had a bruise due to the vest and the bullet only grazed a Ermias on his ass, so I let him clean himself off and gave him a bandage.

They kept asking me what happened, but I didn't want to speak about it. I assured them he was dead which was confirmed by Sleazy's crew. After the fellas left I crept into my dark bedroom where Giselle was sleeping.

I started the shower and once it was hot enough to burn my flesh I got in and scrubbed all of tonight off me. Once I was clean to my satisfaction, I hopped out and changed into some basketball shorts and climbed in bed.

Soon as my head hit my cool pillow, my emotions got the best of me and I completely broke down. I whimpered into my pillow. From the night Devyn was shot, till now I've seen such traumatizing shit that would follow me forever.

I guess my cries had woken up Gee, because she began moving around in her sleep.

"B-baby What's wrong!? Why you crying Pooh!" She asked turning my body towards her. She wiped my tears and held my face in her hands.

"Baby please talk to me you're scaring me."

"Giselle?"

"Yes baby! What's wrong?" She asked.

"Hold me...Please!"

Without any further questions she did just that, as I cried into her chest until we fell asleep.