Chapter 18: Love Lies

Dez and Chloe

Once the girls came back from Miami we had an emergency brunch so they could tell me JT's sentencing in person. Hearing that she would be gone for seven months baffled me. Though Giselle and I had grown closer especially In Scottie's absence Jatavia was my twin soul. While Scottie and Giselle were the friends that had everything together with their careers and having husbands and a family, JT and I were the friends whose lives were all over the place trying to get our shit together. We just related more too each other than we did to Scottie and Gee.

On top of hearing how long I would be without one of my closest girls, since the Charity Ball my feelings for Desmond and our relationship have been all over the place. He and I were doing so well before we stepped foot into that event and now I'm not sure where we stand. He on the other hand is still very much head over hills with me.

But the bullshit that came from Kenzo's mouth and Dez's mother made me feel as if I wasn't good enough for Dez or maybe he wasn't enough for me. Prior to him I had very high standards, So high I almost passed up on him. But once I let him into my heart having a high profile job and millions of dollars in his bank account was a non-factor. For now I just needed to stay clear away from him so I could get my thoughts together. That was definitely going to be a task because I wanted nothing but to be snug in those big beautiful brown arms of his. How could I stay away from that fine 6ft chocolate king with the softest lips, chiseled chest, well sculpted abs and don't let me for get about that big black....Oooh! Let me stop. I mean that thing was on 10 literally!

It was going to be especially hard to not be around him , because when Dez came in to the shop to take me to lunch, Devyn was there and invited us to his first playoff game against the Raptors. Originally I said yes but after the other nights events, I made up an excuse and told Dez I was busy and might not come. He said he'd go with Jordan and the guys instead. Unfortunately Giselle isn't feeling well and begged me to go in her place to show support for Dev. Considering he's the groups baby brother I couldn't disappoint her.

I decided to go to the game with my homegirl Kimora whose husband played for the Hawks as well. I didn't plan on telling my boyfriend because I had planned to avoid him the best way I could. Our seats were in a completely different box on the opposite side of the arena.

Soon as we made our way inside the Newly named State Farm Arena we began to make our way to our Box seats

Soon as we made our way inside the Newly named State Farm Arena we began to make our way to our Box seats. We were damn near there until i unexpectedly bumped into someone because my head was down tryna be low key.

"Excuse me I didn't mean t- Hey! I know you you're one of Gee's friends right!?"

"Yup! That's me Chloe..... and I believe you are Terrence!?"

"That would be correct!" Shit! This wasn't good. Terrence is one of Jordan and Shawn's friends and wherever the boys were Dez was.

 Terrence is one of Jordan and Shawn's friends and wherever the boys were Dez was