Chapter 46: Quiet Storm

Omniscient

A week had passed and Devyn's condition was still the same. The blood transfusion somewhat restored what he had lost, but he still remained in a coma. Eventually slowly started to go on with their everyday lives occasionally taking turns looking after him. Mama Gina and Papa Darnell had went home over the weekend to pack clothes, and have been staying with Jordan and Giselle since.

While Darnell decided to have a drink with Gavin, Gina's younger brother. Gina was at the hospital accompanied by Reggie.

Reggie decided to step out and give Mama Gina alone time with her son, as he was receiving his weekly call from JT.

"This is a collect call from "Jatavia!" An inmate at the Miami Federal Detention Center."

"To accept this call press 7." Reggie followed the prompt.

"Hey bae!" Jatavia said happily.

"Wassup baby girl! How you holding up in there?"

JT scoffed. "Bae when I tell you these hoes stank! I mean they smell like ass." Reggie chuckled.

"One bitch smell so bad, they put our ass on lockdown cause they thought a skunk had snuck in. Come to find out it's just her nasty ass." JT explained rolling her eyes.

"Damn it's that bad!?" He questioned with a smile.

"Yup! But anyway how my luh baby doing? Is he up yet?" She asked referring to Devyn.

Reggie sighed sadly. "Unfortunately he still in a coma. We just hoping he wakes up soon. They talking about taking him off the machine and trying to wake him up that way, but that could go one of two ways ya know." He said somberly.

"Damn! I know my sis going crazy over her baby. You would've thought she his mama." JT joked trying to make light of this stressful and unfortunate situation.

"Yeah She is, everybody is especially Jordan. Every time I see him he got tears in his eyes. But my gut is telling me something is gonna happen." Reggie's tone turned to one of concern and with fear.

"Why you say that?" Jatavia asked.

"Without saying too much since, this is a prison phone call. But Dave and Sincere been on the hunt. Even Jordan was talking crazy to Dez over the phone the other day. It's just something in the pit of my stomach saying it's a Quiet Storm brewing and it's gone wipe out a lot of shit....."

*******

"Ayo Sin! What's the word on these lil niggas that wet up my baby brother?" Dave asked.

Him and Sin were hosting a meeting at his penthouse  with a few head hunchos of the Crips from all over the United States.

Monster an Fresh has skipped town and could be anywhere by now

Monster an Fresh has skipped town and could be anywhere by now. Once Dave put out the word and a $1,000,000 incentive his boys got to work on trying to track down the enemy.

"I had one my tech boys, track where them two niggas money is going. Found out they in California. Our boy Sleazy E' on his way now, said he got the sixties searching for'em now."

Ermias aka Sleazy E was a leader of the Rolling Sixties a gang in California off of Crenshaw and Slauson. He just got out after a five year bid for armed robbery. E' had been making a effort to change his life, much like Dave. They even did a couple songs together.

Once Dave reached out he knew he had to help his boy. Especially seeing as though E' had a little sibling himself a sister named Nefertiti or Nefi for short.

Just as Dave was about to speak, there was a knock at the door. Sin got up to answer the door.

"East! Top of the top, what's happen'n." Sleazy E shouted happily as he came in greeting his homie.

E's good energy brought a smile to Dave's face for the first time since, Devyn had been in the hospital

"Sleaze Waddup!" He dapped his friend. He took a seat across from Dave and Sincere.

"Help ya self to anything on the bar cuz, Mi casa es su casa." Sleaze chuckled. "Preciate that cuz, I got this lil green drink so I'm good right now."

Dave bust out laughing. " Damn cuz that prison food fucked you up like that? Got you drinking air and eating wheat grass and shit." He joked.

"You know I had to get back on my Vegan shit. But anyway how my little nigga doing?"

Dave sighed. " He ain't getting no better but, he not getting any worse either so, I guess that's the upside." Dave said not even convincing himself that their was an upside.

"I'm sorry hear that. My guys is out look for the cowards that did this to young'n. Once my guys find'em I'll have them boys shipped out here for you to do ya thang."

"Thank you for that bro."Dave said as him and E slapped hands.

"No problem, you know you my East Coast fam. Now that I locked down yo fine ass cousin Boogie, we gotta get the fam together."

Boogie was Dave's step cousin through, Mama Gina's brother Gavin who was her father. When Gavin moved to Atlanta to help Giselle with the Club and Restaurant she stayed back with her mom to pursue an acting career.

"After all them year I can't believe you was still after Boogie!? She been dodging yo lanky ass since y'all was in elementary school." Dave joked.

"You already know she be running game, but I got her doe, she  bagged N' tagged." He chuckled.

"But back to business. When this go down it's gotta be it. We been grinding too hard on this music shit to get sucked back into this thug shit. It's more to life then what we doing in the streets. You feel me!? It's bout time we help our people fall into they greatnesses." E' preached.

"Agreed." Dave nodded.

" Dave nodded