Chapter 26: Still Down

Dezmond

After Chloe had called me unexpectedly my mind was all jumbled up, so I decided to hit the gym to clear my head. Since the gym wasn't too far from Jordan I called him up to join me. Jordan was the best person to ask for relationship advice out of the guys even despite him telling me he and Giselle were going through a minor rough patch. Jordan loved and respected Giselle and she did the same. And besides Shawn is a cheater, Reggie is a pushover, and Terrence won't admit it but him and his girl Jasmine split months ago. Word around town she left his ass for some nerdy looking white boy who works for Geek Squad at Best Buy. DAMN!

"So now that she called and apologized for coming at you crazy what's next?" Jordan asked sipping from his water bottle

"I don't know. She said she wants to talk soon. I told her I was busy, which I am with all this testing that I need to prepare my kids for. But I'm still on the fence." I said whipping the dripping sweat off my forehead with my arm.

"Do you miss her?" He asked.

"Hell yeah I miss her Jay! I fucking love that girl. But how am I supposed to talk to a person who screamed I make her sick. Then to say I'm not enough and try to play me like I'm broke. And how is it that suddenly after seeing Kenzo ass we have issues.What the fuck am I supposed to do bruh!?"

This situation was frustrating me and I had no idea how to go about the situation. I love Chloe with all my heart, but last time we were face to face she seemed like she hated me ,but at the last second needed me.

"I don't know bruh! Some shit just not adding up. She see Kenzo at an event and suddenly you broke. Yet you been spending money on her without hesitation and she hasn't even raised a eyebrow as to where the money is coming from? Sound to me like somebody got in her head. I'll admit Chloe is very high maintenance, but hell all our women are. They drive foreign cars and carry Birkin Bags. And the minor adjustments she made to fit the lifestyle you choose to live show me she truly love yo ass bruh!"

"What are you getting at?"

"What I'm saying is by what Kenzo told me, Chloe didn't want shit to do with him at the event or now. Plus you said when you asked somebody had they seen her after her and Kenzo were done talking, They said she was speaking to your mother."

"THE FUCK!? You tryna say my mama got something to do with this?" I scoffed.

"First off knock some of that base out your voice nigga. You said out your own mouth your mom was being rude to Chloe. Shit she was like that with Paisley. Just pick her brain about that conversation and then go talk to Chloe. Chloe probably was on the fence about dating a nigga she assumed that his only source of income was from Teaching Public School. But up until that event she was content with living like a bum." Jordan said that last part while laughing.

"Fuck you bruh! I live a modest lifestyle because after my injury I realized money isn't everything." I shot back with a smile.

"But you're right Chloe was happy. Once I talk to my mother I'll hit her up and we can have a conversation."