Chapter 13: Confessions Part 1

Shawn

"Devyn in order for us to continue getting these endorsements and your image to stay clean you gotta cut this little rebellious teen act!"

I called Devyn to my house soon after I had a day to process everything that happened in New Orleans. Devyn's dumbass can't seem to stay out of trouble lately and it's about to start costing us money. Nike is ready to pull out any minute if he doesn't clean up his act.

"Exscuse me if I didn't know it was a fucking crime to hang out with my homeboys at a club." Devyn said sarcastically.

"Yo homeboy's!? These goofy ass niggas ain't your friends bruh! They leeches. And while ya little playground pals is groping bottle girls you gone be the one to catch the heat for that. Cause Sexual Assault is a crime and every club hoe is just looking for a payday." I scoffed.

Devyn just wasn't getting it. Soon as them little niggas came around it's like all his common sense died and went to hell. I knew me getting at him wasn't gonna be enough to get through to him so I reluctantly hit up Jordan and let him know I'd be speaking to Dev. Of course he obliged hitting me back with he'll be here and that we needed to talk as well.

Just as I was about to get on Dev some more my doorbell rung. I checked the camera monitor on my desk and saw it was Jordan and unlocked the door from my phone. I heard him coming up the stairs before knocking on the door to let us know of his presence before coming in.

"What's up baby brother?" He said daping Devyn.

"Wassup big bro! How you been!?

"I been good bro, getting back into the swing of things." Jordan responded. He still hardly even looked in my direction.

"Wassup Jay!? You can't speak to me nigga?" I asked slightly irritated.

He paused for a moment furrowing his eyebrows. "My bad bruh wassup!?....How's Scottie been?" He asked with a hint of sarcasm.

I smirked catching his little shade towards me." Working as usual, you know same shit different day."

Devyn picked up on our vibe and wore an expression that looked as if he was trying to figure what it was that was going on between Jordan and I. Hell even I didn't know what was going on. Jordan and I used to do tons of chicks dirty back in the day. And what I do that my wife don't know about is my business.

"Aye bruh! Y'all good? Seem like it's some tension in the air." Devyn looked strangely between Jordan and I.

I shook my head no. "Nah! We good. What's not good is all this trouble you been getting in lately. What's up with you bruh!?" Jordan responded.

"Ain't shit been up with me. I'm good it's everybody else bugging. I got a fatass bank account and fine ass females everywhere I go." Devyn smiled proudly.

"That's all cool baby bro it really is, until you factor in the two fucking clowns that's gone get you into some shit eventually. " Jordan said sitting up in his chair.

"Bruh ain't nothing gone happen. We just some young successful brothas tryna have fun. I wish yall would see that." Devyn said shaking his head with his arms folded.

"Wrong! You are a successful young brotha. Not them. You worked your ass off overseas to come back and play pro not them. I've put so many of my other clients on the back burner to make sure you good. So if you fuck up and ruin shit for yourself you put my money on the line and I'll be damned if another nigga take from money out my pocket." I retorted.