First Time [Calem x Reader]

Requested by Mishy_de_1. It's five am and I wanted to get this out before school. 

STORYTIME.

Sitting at one off the outdoor table of the Santalune cafe was... relaxing. It was nice to just sit outside and watch everyone from afar. But wasn't that what you always were doing? Sitting alone and watching everyone from afar, only to never be spoken to? Wow, that's depressing. But that's sort of your life. You sigh and take another sip of the double shot of espresso you ordered. It was cold by now, but you could care less what temperature it was. At least it was coffee and that was that.

Out of the corner of your eye you noticed a kid about your age running into town from the direction of Santalune forest. He sprinted Into the Pokémon center. You put down your cup and looked over to try and see the kid. He was already inside before you could even get another glimpse of him.  From the blur you saw, you think he was wearing blue with a red hat and had black hair. Before you realized exactly what you were doing, you walked inside of the Pokémon center.

The black haired kid was at the front desk, clearly worried over his Pokémon. Nurse Joy reassured him everything was going to be fine wnd to just give her five minutes. Based on how worried he was, he must be a novice trainer. He might have never even been to a Pokémon center before. It's really cute. You giggled softly to yourself before he slumped over and turned around to wait on the couch. You decided to walk over to him and introduce yourself. You sit down next to him. He was mumbling something about a Fletchlong and Froakie. Those must be his Pokémon.

"Hey, don't worry. Nurse Joy is really good at what she does. Your Pokémon will be back tonfighting spirit in no time."

The boy looked up, flinching out of his own little world when he realized you were talking to him. He was boarderline crying. It broke your heart in two. You heard him sniffle and wipe his eyes. He needed to calm down. At least, he was trying to calm down. The boy grabbed a handful of his blue skinny jeans and just kept his eyes on the floor as he spoke, voice cracking with almost every other word.

"I'm sorry. It's just Feltchling was badly poisoned by a hoarde of wheedle and I don't know if she's going to be okay. I love them more than anything. Froakie and Fletchling are my partners. My best friends. I... I'm sorry."

He started to cry now. A hoarde Of Weedle? You didn't know that Pokémon liked to ambush trainers in hoards in the Santalune forest. You watched the first tear spill from the boy's eyes. You couldn't help yourself then. You have him a big, comforting hug. He was stunned for s mi item, before crying into your shoulder. This certainly is his first time at a Pokémon center. He must be genuinely scared for the well being of his beloved Pokémon. He cares a lot for them, that was certain. You had to comfort him. 

"Don't worry. It's okay. It will be okay. I promise. Fletchling And Froakie are going to be just fine. Nurse Joy is really good at what she does. I promise you. Don't worry."

He nodded and kept crying, as I felt he was taking the blame for a hoarde of Poison Type Pokemon ambushing him and poisoning his bird Pokémon. You looked over st the counter where nurse Joy was standing. She was gone in the back, taking care of the Pokémon with her wigglytuff. That's good. That means she's helping Froakie And Fletchling right now. You felt the boy's head lift up. Hopefully he's feeling a little bit better now. Maybe you can learn his name.

"There. Everything's alright. My name is (name), can you tell me yours?"

The boy wiped his red eyes again. The poor thing. He nodded and looked down. He realized he was embracing you like he would his mother, and you were just another kid his age. With a big blush, he pulled his arms back and aferted his eyes. Lots of people around the Pokémon center were watching, but you sent them a warning glare to stop it or else. You focus entirely on the new trainer. 

"My name is Calem. I'm sorry I'm so emotional. I just started my adventure today and I don't want my friends to be hurt like that...it's hard going off on your own for the first time...."

It really is. There's a first time for everything and every single time it hurts. Going iff on your own, away from home and literally everything you know, it does hurt. You remember leaving Snowbelle city on your own. You nod and give him another big hug, surprising Calem yet again. With another set of tears brimming his eyes, he hugs you back and burries his face in thst same crook in your shoulder. You look over and see Nurse Joy lesving the back room with a smile. Wigglytuff walks out with one of those hospital carts. A perfectly healthy Fletchling and Froakie are sitting ontop, calling out to their beloved trainer.

"Mister Calem? Your Pokémon are all happy and healthy. We hope to see you again."

Nurse Joy smiled and walks back over to the counter. Wigglytuff leaves the cart and follows her trainer. Calem looks up and you hear him gasp. You let him go and slide off to the side as the two Pokémon literally lunge themselves at him. Froakie hops into his arms and Fletchling flies over onto his shoulder and nuzzles herself into his face. It was adorable. Calem laughs for the first time and you see his smile. Your heart skips over a double beat right then and there. You can't help but feel warm Inside. He then looks over at you with those happy eyes. You can't. You have to stick around. He was about to thank you until you cut him off.

"Hey, why don't I travel with you? You know, so you're not so alone?"

If it was even possible, his face brightened even more. He looked so happy. He nodded enthusiastically and his Fletchling flew over and rested herself ontop of your head. Froakie gave you a brofist. It looks like you fit in already. For the first time in a while, you allow yourself to truly laugh. Looks like you won't be watching and waiting alone anymore.

1104

Eh, decent. I have school and I don't want to go. Tomorrow is my PSAT and I have a softball game tonight. Kill me now. Ugh.

Thanks for reading and i love every single one of you guys! Sorry that this was terrible.

~Eva