Heart of the Fire [Kiawe x Reader]

Happy early birthday Tiannah_Lionheart! This one is for you!

STORYTIME!

The flames licked at his crispy hued skin, dancing around with his movements. It was elegance, it was awe-Inspiring, it was a dance of the flame. You watched with big eyes as Kiawe, Fire Type Trial Captain Of Akala Island, let the wisps of flame from the Marowak crawl up his arms and illuminate his features. He held a long nine similar to what a Lucario would have when using bone rush and twirled it like a flag or baton, using it as a prop in his fanciful act. When he stopped, the head of the bone pointed directly at you. The Marowak composed his movement exactly, three bones pointing exactly at you.

"If you wish to Master the fire, you must prove to me that you have heart."

Ah, yes, the actual plot of this fanfiction. You were so entranced by mister dall darkness and handsome to realize that you were here for a reason. See, you're about to take over your fire type gym in your home region. You wanted to consult every fire type master you knew for advice. Flannery did you no good, being a beginner herself. Chili told you that offense was the best defense and to have a counter for those pesky water types. Good to know. Blainley went on and on about puzzles and Flint ruffled your hair and trained you and your team for about a week. He also was cute but he was engaged so it didn't matter. You actually got to meet his fiancé. He was an electric type master and it was really cool! But now, you stand before Kiawe. He had to be the most intimidating of them all.

"Show me, Successor of Flame, what you have to offer. Does the fire trust you, or shall you be scorched by the embers?"

He stepped off the pedestal he stood upon, the Marowak following on both of his sides. You felt yourself gulp hard. You looked at the smallest Pokémon of your team in your Arms. Flareon nuzzled against you for comfort, seemingly not scared of him at all. Kiawe watched you with slanted eyes, remembering your every step as you went onto the platform and took a sharp inhale. You took out two more pokeballs. Three Pokémon should be enough, right? Besides, you're going to need all the help you can get. 

"Arcanine, Houndoom, Come Forth."

The two canine Pokémon howeled woth their entrance, taking in their surroundings in a second. Flareon was in front of you with both Pokémon at your sides. Was kiawe expecting you to dance, or for you to simply endure the flames head on. You've never danced, nor taken part of a Pokémon contest. You don't know the slightest bit of what you're supposed to do right now. You looked at all three Pokémon before trying something.

"Acranine And Houndoom, I want you both to aim at me and use Flamethrower. Flareon, I want you to use safeguard on me then jump behind and use flame burst. Ready? Showtime."

The Pokémon were reluctant, but did exactly as they were told. Flareon made sure that the shimmering blue aura fluttered on your skin to prevent burning of any kind. Your vision was blocked by a large blue or orange, red, and yellow. Flames. Fire form left and right, as far as you could see. The heat was intense, sweating in an instant. What do you do now? Do you endure the flames or do you go above and beyond to truly show Kiawe that you have heart? You felt even more intense heat behind you, hotter than anything at your sides. Flareon must have used flame burst. Perhaps there really is something more you can do than just stand here. With a 360 degree you called out one final command of your precious Pokémon.

"Houndoom, Jump in Flareon's position and use dark pulse! Flareon, jump to his position and use Swift! Arcanine, Use Will o Wisp!"

The barrage of orange ceased and suddenly black filled your vision. The safeguard had a gravitational pull, bringing in both the darkness and whatever was left of the fire. Snacking around you in a sphere was an enclosed space of fire and darkness. Little indigo wisps of flame and yellow stars mixed in, making to orbitals of great circles. You jumped and held yourself up, using the safeguard to allow you to hover above ground. Once you felt like that was enough, you extended your limbs in every direction, letting the power of the original safeguard expkode sending the energy of multiple pokemon types outwards upon the world. You fell to the ground on your knees, halfway hypothermic from the sudden cooling. You looked up at Kiawe for  validation. Huh? How was that for heart!? Hey, hang on a second. That was kind of fun! You love having fun!

"How do you like them apples, Mister?"

Let's switch to Kiawe's perspective for a minute, shall we? Kiawe was amazed. When he told you he wanted young to have heart, he half expected you to be too weak or shy to even attempt. But no, you went directly into the center of two flame throwers and a flame burst, adding even more than whaf he required of you. You didn't just have heart, you had spirit and you had pride. You had guts. Then the sudden shift from your entire aura from nervous to playful... Kiawe May have just fallen in love with you on the spot. His entire thought persona slid as he let himself smile right back at you. That smile of yours was contagious, Wasn't it? How adorable.

"Crispy, refreshing, and perfectly ripe. I haven't seen a more perfect apple in my life."

He decided to feed into your little metaphor, trying to fuel the fire of playfulness flickering in your eyes. You stood up, relying on both Arcanine and Houndoom to support your weight until you got used to the feeling in your legs. In all honesty, Kiawe would be too scared to pull a stunt like that. He doubted you even knew how dangerous that was. You could have died by slicing your head off or burning to crisp. You were lucky your Flareon knew to keep the safeguard up throughout the entire thing instead of using the move once and being done with it. Kiawe's heart was racing at the thought.

"Awesome! First lesson done! What else do I have to learn if I want to be a fire type master like you?"

And there goes the arrow, straight through Kiawe's heart. He's going to have to bs a bunch of things to get you to stay, isn't he? Oh well...

1112 Words

I forgot about the playful nature! Sorry Tiannah! Wish her happy birthday loads! She deserves it!

~Eva