Valid [Cheren x Reader]

Do you ever feel like crying for no reason? Or wonder why you just can't  be happy sometimes? Do you ever just get sad for no reason?

...

Storytime

Aspertia City was... calm at night. There weren't a lot of tall buildings to tower over anything. The center of the entire city was the Pokémon enter and the school, functioning as a gym. That's where Cheren worked as the gym leader and teacher of the school. Your little step siblings all went to his school and were taught by Cheren. Your stepmother passed away and your Dad is the nicest man alive. He is easy to take advantage of though. Many women try, but you won't  let the man hurt you're fsther like your actual mother did. That's enough traumatizing backstory for now. Right now you just sat at the top of the little ledge near the bed of the city, hanging in the rail. Controversial to what you think, you weren't staring up at the night sky and the full moon. No, you stared at the ground below you. It wasn't a far distance. You'd survive if you made the leap. But you watched the night breeze hit the grass. That was something to watch. You let out a big sigh before hearing an unexpected voice behind you

"The night is beautiful, isn't it?"

You turned around, away from the depressiong cloud shrouding your mind. You meet the kind dark eyes blessed to him. He wears his normal resting face, which was adorable but at the same time a RBF. If you don't know what it stands for you are too innocent. This was the guy who helped you teach all your step siblings and helped your family stay fanatically stable after your step mother lost to her breast cancer. Your heart swole up and you felt the dreary black inky coulda called depression and suicidal thoughts fly away. Yeah, the night was pretty.

"Uh, yeah. It is a beautiful night."

You sighed again, this time out of a love you were sure was unrequited rather than thinking about all the terrible parts of this world. You leaned back on the railing, letting your forearms hit the steel bars and letting the metal sign into your arms a little bit. You looked back st the grass, feeling the wind go through your hair. Nice breeze, perfect humidity, full moon and twinkling stars. It was a rather nice night if you think about it. You glanced sideways to see Cheren standing next to you, holding the bar faintly and looking up to the moon. The yellow moonbeams hit his face, showing you a light to him. You couldn't help but stare as he opened his mouth to speak.

"You know, you should really be proud of your little siblings. They take a lot after you. They're kind to the Pokémon, ask for permission before anything, and are really intelligent children. They take the best out of the bad situations they are thrown in. Just like someone else I know. I'm proud of them, just like I'm proud of you."

Cheren looked over at you, smiling. It's shocking to see an RBF smiling. You felt your blush tracing along your cheeks, dancing their fiery dance. Where was this coming from? Why was Cheren suddenly telling you this? Did something happen? Something must have happened. Cheren then looked back to the grass, the same place where you were staring earlier. His hands stsrted gripping the bar tightly as his smile faded into a deep, dark frown. Not just now a frown. A whimper. A biting back of tears. A last resort before crying. You reached over and outs your hand over his. Something was going on. His voice cracked as he spoke.

"It's just so amazing how you and your family have been so nice and upbeat even after your mother dying of cancer and your father being so frail and emotionally unstable. It's amazing how you are basically a parent and are able to take care of so many younger siblings without losing your head. You were given a bad hand and you're working through it and I've been thinking about it a lot. You have it so rough and I feel horrible not being able to do anything for you."

Cheren was having an emotional breakdown. Cheren. He was crying and holding the bar as I felt he was hanging onto it for dear life. You just held his hand reassuringly, watching his face as he kept belting out more and more. Where was this going.

"I've lived such a privileged life. I got to go around the region with my Pokémon, become a Gym Leader, And open up a Pokemon Trainer's School. Yet here I am, crying in front of someone who deserves it more than me. Why do I feel sad when I know there's so many people who have it worse? Why do I feel so depressed? Why can't I do anything about all these emotions I'm feeling? Love? Sadness? Pride? Sympathy? I don't know. I don't know. I don't know!"

He broke. That was it. You wouldn't let him break himself down anymore. You lunged yourself at him, braking him away from the bar and holding him tight in your embrace. You know a thing or two about having to comfort people. However, this time you're own black clouds were come back. Black, inky clouds coming to bring forth s front of depression. But from what you know, it always goes away. It always goes away and it goes away faster if you have someone right by your side, preparing for the storm and calming you in the eye. Right now, Cheren was facing his worst storm. A storm he couldn't prepare for. You need to guide him through it while you have your breakdown right with him. It's been a while since you had a good cry.

"Your feelings are valid. We wouldn't be human if we didn't get sad once in a while. We would be u healthy if we never cried. We need it, no matter how privileged we are. Your sadness is valid. Your love, sympathy, and pride are valid. All your emotions are valid. Sometimes we just need to let it show, okay?"

Your voice was cracking and uneven by that point because you were crying too. Your first  real  other was abusive. The second mother you had died of cancer. You have seven little brothers and sisters and a dad so broken he can't even leave the house. You are often depressed and prevented from even trying to kill yourself because so many people rely on you. However you keep smiling. Just keep smiling, smiling, smiling. If you pretend to be happy, the clouds will go away. If you stick around other people, the cloud should go away. Around family, friends, your siblings, your father, and even Cheren the clouds go away. But right now... right now the clouds were too strong. The clouds won't go away. You needed this emotional breakdown right now. Clearly, so did he.

"But thst still makes me so selfish. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm so sorry. I never should have... I... I'm so sorry..."

He buried his face in your hair and in your neck. His tears cling to your skin as you held him. You could feel your own warm tears rolling down your cheek. It had to be, what? Midnight? Somewhere near. Here you were at the top of the hill in Aspertia city just bawling your eyes out. Cheren over feeling like he shouldn't ever have to feel sad, and you over the emotionally scarring backstory the author gave you. Thanks a lot author. That was sarcasm in case you didn't read it that way.

"Don't be sorry. I'm sorry for burdening you with me, Cheren. You're so amazing and awesome and you are so nice to the kids... none of us would be okay without you helping us out. Teaching the kids, helping my father get back in his feet, helping me get a job... I owe everything to you. Thank you so much."

You sobbed out, choking on your own words. Cheren did so much for you, you couldn't even describe it. Cheren just gripped you tighter and said nothing, whimpering and his breath hitching. You opened your squeezed shut eyes to get a glimpse of the moon. It was shining brightly on your face, trying to dry your tears. You closed your eyes again, rocking Cheren a little bit 

You both needed a good cry.

1425 Words

I'm sorry this was super bad and OOC. I'm the worst.

~Eva