Lost and Found [Roark x Shy!Reader]

Y'all need to love this boy more because he isn't so underrated with, like, four pieces of fanart and he just deserves more. rainaroxx01 knows where it's at. That's why I got dis request! Are you all ready for som adorable rock dorks? Because it's

STORYTIME!

You live in Oreburgh city, town of construction and mine. Your parents and older sibling all work in the mine, however you decided to wait before getting the job yourself. You've always wanted to work at a Pokémon center as a Nurse Joy, but you've never got around to telling your family that and they still expect you to work in the mine. That's fine. It's all fine. You sigh to yourself and decide to stray towards the mine, looking at your inevitable future. That's when you noticed something sitting at the gate to the entrance of the mine. You decide to walk closer for further inspection.

A very weak Geodude and Zubat stood by the gate, curled up together and looking miserable. Could a Zubat even see outside of the cave? You hurried up to the Pokémon and sat on your knees in front of them. They were all stuffed up something awful. The poor dears. You frantically looked in your bag and pulled out two potions and two Oran berries. You handed one berry to Geodude and fed Zubat the other one, trying to see how much better they were after the berry. You started tslking as you picked up the potions and started healing whatever wounds the duo had left. 

"You poor dears, I'm so sorry for whatever happened to you! You look so hurt I... I'm sorry." 

You held the Geodude as you cleared up the scuffs on its rock body. There were still scratches and dirt crumbled all over Geodude. You pulled out a handkerchief from your bag and smoothed out the glorified living stone before taking Zubat into your arms and learning that the Zubat really was blind. The Zubat started freaking out the second Geodude lost contact with it so you had to soothe it with your voice, since it can't see you and all. No eyes and no means for good echolocation.

"Don't worry don't worry! It's just me! I'm sorry for startling you! I, uh... shouldn't I put you back down?"

Zubat nodded furiously in whatever direction it was facing. You set Zubat down on top of Geodude and the poison type Pokémon relaxed. Geodude smiled and cried out a thanks to you. You smiled back at it and stood up. You continued walking towards the entrance of the mine, resuming your original quest to figure out what your meaningless future is going to end up like in the longrun.

💎💎💎💜💎💎💎

It was early morning and Roark was heading into work. Good ol' work in the mines to get your blood pumping and your body moving! Roark was captain of the mine's after his father left, so he's in charge of making sure everyone's is safe and making sure the day's quota is made. He fires people when need be and takes care of hiring others. Normally employees run in a family but time after time a new person will walk in and ask for a job. Roark considered himself progressive because his dad wouldn't hire any women at all. Roark doesn't look at gender, he looks at skill and strength. But that's a side tangent needed for another story. Can we get back to politics? Please Yo. 

Roark was approaching the mine when he saw a Geodude and a Zubat at the gates, just sitting there. They both looked like they were healthy as can be and a handkercheif was squeezed in the Geodude's hand. Roark was curious, and forgot about his duties in the mine, so he went up to see what was new with Scooby doo. Roark crouched in front of the two Pokémon and greeted himself happily, knowing that the Zubat would have trouble seeinf or sensing anything outside of the darkness of the cave. Well, it's just before the crack of dawn so maybe Zubat is okay? Regardless, he introduced himself to the duo.

"Hello. You two don't seem like you shouldn't be out here. Do you want me to bring you somewhere real quick?"

Geodude shook the large rock that was both his body and head, Zubat screeching in disproval. They wanted to stay right there? That was odd. Roark pressed his lips into a thin line. Well, if they don't want to go anywhere the very least he could do was give them a snack and make a small sign that told people to leave them be. But he can't make a sign.... He should probably give them a snack. He should have some berries in his fanny pack. Yes! Jackpot! Roark grinned and he took to Sitrus berries out of his Fanny pack, handing them to the Geodude and the Zubat. 

"Here, eat up. The last thing I want is for you two to go hungry. I, guessing you're both going to stay right here so I'll see you after the mine closes!"

Roark waved goodbye and stood upright, resuming his walk back into the mine. Wow! Now he feels double good today! He fed two stray Pokémon and he gets to have a wonderful day at work! Roark had an extra skip in his step as he entered the large cave and grabbed a hardhat, descending downwards into the darkness.

💎💎💎💜💎💎💎

Visiting the two Pokémon became a routine for the both of you, and you started sneaking out earlier and earlier from whatever work at home you had to do so you could see the duo. Zubat started to grow comfortable with you holding him and Geodude was starting to create a secret handshake with you. It made you feel happy to be able to take care of these two Pokémon, even if they refuse to come home with you. Today you left home just before the crack of dawn, before anyone in your house woke up (because they wake up at dawn for work) and you grabbed some fruit and hurried out the door. 

You froze when you saw someone in front of the two Pokémon. Who was this? You felt your face flush a crimson red, bright red. That was Roark! That's the gym leader and boss of the mines! You wanted to run away, but your legs wouldn't budge. You noticed him stand up from his crouched position and look over at you. Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no oh no! Your heart was racing as you watched him smile and walk towards you. Geodude and Zubat followed behind, getting faster than him. You bent down and picked up Geodude and Zubat, the blind like on perched on your shoulder and the Geodude in your arms. Being the timid person you are, Roark had to start the conversation.

"So, are Geodude and Zubat you Pokémon?"

"Goodness no! I mean, I wish they'd come with me but they don't, I actually just found them in front of the mine and started visiting them every day to make sure the year are well loved and fed like a Pokémon ought to be. Oh goodness I'm sorry for taking up your time! I'm just making this more awkward. Sorry!"

You bowed your head awkwardly, taking in a very sharp inhale. You messed up big time in front of your future employer, haven't you? You're just a big screw up right now and you want to run into a corner and hide and forget this entire experience ever haloened and get a better first introduction with Roark. You felt something under your chin lift your head. You found yourself meeting the kindred eyes of the Rock Type Gym Leader Of Sinnoh. Oh lord his eyes were dreamy. Intellegant eyes and a hunger pang frame. It only made your face burn brighter. It could even be the freaking sun!

"Hey, don't apologize. I think it's really cool that you take the time of day to care for these homeless Pokémon. It shows me you're a kind and caring individual. I don't love to get to know you more."

And that, dear Reader, was the start of the best thing of your life: your first and only relarionship.

1386 Words

Wow, that's a nice count! If only I can get that up more. Y'all deserve at least 1500 Words from the last long hiatus. 

Also I lost at UIL in case anyone was curious.

~Eva