My Honey [Burgh x Reader]

I'm sorry for lack of updates. Also, don't expect updates at all over the weekend. I'm visiting family.

Sugar Sugar Honey, you were Burgh's lover. Like any man with a shred of human decency, he put you above everything. He loves you with all his heart. In his bust schedules of running the Castelia City gym and his freelance artist projects he is able to make you feel like you aren't neglected. That's wonderful, but it takes a toll on Burgh. He has to work on projects in between challengers and he takes more vacations than he really should be taking. It isn't good. But for you? He would do anything to keep you happy.

You noticed this. Burgh was always tired, even when spending time with you. You hardly wake up at the same times anymore. His presence was always absent on you're side of the bed. You need to fix this. He is working himself to exaughstion and you do not want to be the cause of Burgh's utter demise: working to death. He doesn't need to dots on you twenty four seven. He should enjoy his alone time. It won't hurt your feelings at all. And even if he refuses, you can make sure he is doing the other things he needs to get done. You've found a way to help this.

See, Burgh likes to do this system where he gets at least two hours out of his day doing anything you want with you. Most of the time you ask to cuddle or do something that takes very little energy so you don't drain the love of your life, but you came up with a loophole. What if you ask to watch him paint or spend your time with him at the gym, cheering him on and making sure he is resting well between the challengers? That way he doesn't feel like he is neglecting you nor is he working himself to the bone for you. You smiled to yourself confidently as you made your way through the honey maze he called a gym.

Burgh was working on a large-scale project an Animations company requested. They sent in references so Burgh could draw a storyboard for a pilot episode of a short series. Each episode would last about five or so minutes. He was getting paid a lot for this project. Besides, the main character looks a lot like tou so he didn't mind being able to basically draw his Honey over and over again, smiling and hanging out with a bunch of friends. If only your love interest looked a little like him.... but he knows it would come out of his salary if he makes any altercations to character designs. Such is the life of a freelance artist. Maybe you would like this show? It's really cute. You might like it.

Burgh smiled tiredly, pencil grazing over the page as he filled the background with light Mark said symbolizing trees. The main character and their love interest close to holding hands, main character nervous as heck. The friends abandoned them in the park, leading to east romantic tension. The door opened suddenly. Burgh sighed before smiling, setting down the canvas he was provided for such a large project. He looked up, pokeball for his prized Leavanny in hand. He gasped and saw the one person he didn't expect.

"Honey!? I- what are you doing here? I thought you were at home?"

Burgh was so confused. Why were you here? He thought you loved being able to do whatever you want until he comes home so spend time with you. You have so many friends to hang out with or you could be with Lenora or in Pinwheel Forest. You had so many better things to do with your spare time, so why were you here? He watched you walk up to him, smiling and giggling cutely. This made him think of a really cute additional scene he can make a storyboard, maybe rake in some extra cash so he can spend even more time with you.

"You always stress yourself out making time for me. You don't have to. How about I spend time with you while you do what you have to? That way, you don't have to feel like you're neglecting me and you can do work! Plus, I get to see my favorite man in battling action again~"

You leaned on your tippy toes and pressed a kiss to his cheek. Burgh was astounded. You noticed? Not only that, but you cared? Not to mention it or anything, but he was tired. Like, really really tired. He spends so much focus on so many things at once during work hours just to push everything on you. He doesn't want to be a bad husband, like his dad was. He wants to be there for his spouse and possible future kids. He doesn't want to be the neglectant father figure in anyone's lives. That's why he forces himself to spend so much after-work time with you, his precious Honey. He could feel himself tearing up in pride, happiness, and extreme emotions of love.

"You would do all of that... take away your own time and leisure.... for me?"

Okay, he honestly was crying. You loved him that much that you would give up to run own free time with friends just so he can have a better schedule? You would do so much for him? He envelope does you in a big hug after you nodded, confirming the statement he managed to sputter out in a stammer. You were the best lover in the history of lovers. He felt like he was going to cry real tears. You held him with a smile, pressing kisses along his collarbone. There was a significant size difference after all.

"Sugar Sugar Honey, Candy Heart and my precious Angel... thank you..."

You couldn't help but laugh. No matter how emotional that was, it was adorable and cute at how he had so many pet names for you. Honey just stuck. Oh my Arceus that was a pun and I didn't even realize it kill me now. You held him close, feeling a tear roll down his cheek and hit your shoulder. He doesn't need to cry. He doesn't deserve it. What he does deserve is happiness and a break. The challenger outside can wait a minute, Burgh was having a moment right now. 

"Anything for my King Bee."

1071 Words

Okay wow that was pethic my writing is so bad I made sorry you had to read this. Thanks for doing so anyways and I love ya. 

~Eva