Fear [Sidney x Reader]

IT IS HALLOWEEN I AM DOING SOME SPOOPY STORIES

(Sorry this took so long I was out trick or treating as Mary Poppins and doing Trig homeworks. Chapter uploaded in my personal book if you want details)

Also a lot more vulgar language in this oneshot than most so be warned

STORYTIME

You aren't afraid of the dark. That would be terrible considering you and engaged to the dark type master Sidney. No. It's not the dark that had you trembling in your blanket with the curtains drawn and the lights out. The dark actually calmed you. You were always calmer in the dark. No. IT'S LOUD ASS CRACKING THUNDER THST IS THE ROAR OF CERBERUS OR SOME SHIT THAT SCARED YOU!!! Alright let's be serious a moment. Lightning isn't scary. It's a spark of link that flashes through the clouds. It's cool. Rain isn't scary. It's water falling from the sky. BUT AN UNPREDICATABLE WHIPLASH COMING FROM THE SKY GIVING EVERYONE A JUMPSCARE IS FUCKING SCARY!!!

So you're cursing yourself out about this damn fear, huddled up with a blanket and a bunch of cute Dark type Pokémon around you, all sleeping soundly or cuddling next to you for comfort. The Pokémon that could sleep through this were unbelievable. How the hell are they not startled every single fucking time the sky decides to let one rip and crack open w cold one to all the boys giving everyone a heart attack in the process? It was amazing. The poochyenas, houndours, sabalyes, And other small Pokémon all huddled up around you were just being adorable and comforting you through this. It's better than your fiancée figuring out. But wait. It's too late for that. 

"Arceus Damn it."

Sidney just opened the door. He found you. Normally he doesn't, but he did. He saw you in a helpless heap of Pokémon now and blanket with your eyes wide in the middle of a dark room where the only light was in the flickering fireplace. From the ember's Light you watched your fiancé smirk. He finally found what you were afraid of. You learned that he was afraid of angels last Valentine's Day, now he can get you back for it. Don't ask why he's fraud of angels. It's... complicated.

"You're scared of the the thunder, arentcha?"

"Shut the fuck up Sidney."

You snark back at him playfully. That's when another one just scares you out of your skin. You squeak and hide under your blanket. Some of the Pokémon jumped up at your reaction, worse than all the others. Sidney laughed heartily as you fumbled under the blanket to get yourself quote unquote "safe" from the quote unquote "threat" the lightning had on you. He crossed his arms and clicked his tongue, watching you peek your head out from the blanket with that scowl of yours. That unsatisfied scowl you get when you know he wins.

"You look pretty scared over there. Almost gonna cry."

Were you really that scared? Wow, what a fucking pussy. You wiped your eyes just to be sure. Sidney walked over to you and sat down next to you, the fire still burning and keeping the little light still lit in the room. You stan up, shifting in a way so you don't disturb the cute dark type pokemon. You let your head rest in his shoulder. Sure, you both were assholes to eachtoher. But when you needed the other, you were there. That's how you keep the relationship fun and functional. You can't have a functional relationship without a little fun. Relationship lessons from fanfiction. Learn them well.

"Sidney... please don't leave me  alone. I hate this fucking thunder so fucking much..."

You hugged his arm close, nuzzling into him. He made you feel safe, even though he looked the most like a delinquent out of literally everyone in the Pokémon franchise. Maybe that was part of it? Because he looked and acted so tough most of the time he made you feel like you could be safe and have no worries around him. Like he could protect you from anything, even something as shitty, backhanded, and useless as thunder. Yeah, you're sappy about him. But you can be sappy about him! He's you're fucking fiancé get the hell over it! While tears brimmed your eyes at the thought of being alone with the thunder again you felt a sweet, warm sensation on your forehead for a split second. You opened your eyes you didn't realize we're closed to see Sidney inches away from your face. He must have given you a kiss on the forehead.

"I'm not leaving ya, babe. I know you need me and I know your eyes venerable. I'll protect you sweetheart."

That was it. You broke. You let yourself fall into his arms, not caring about the sleeping Pokémon anymore and if you woke them up. Sidney reciprocated your embrace, rubbing circles on your back and resting his head in your shoulder just as you were doing to him. You needed this. You really needed this. Two cracks of thunder decided to make your aquantinece, causing you to jump and whimper. Fucking thunder why did you have to have such awful timing. The bloody cunt this fucking thunder is. GO TO BLOODY HELL THUNDER NOBODY LIKES YOU!!! Sidney just held you as you did so, as if protecting you like something precious.

You aren't scared of the dark, that would be very ironic for a guy Sidney. You weren't scared of clowns or being alone in the forest or anythinf like that. No it's the fucking thunder that had you crying like a baby. But hey...

At least you aren't afraid of angels.

937 Words

Sure, it's short. But this is kinda like a fun crack chapter. I don't mind.

Thanks for reading and I hope you loved this! I love you guys so much and have a happy Halloween!

~Eva