\\I'm a Boy// Part One: Not So First Encounters [Barry x Trans!Male!Reader]

I've been wanting to do this kind of plot for a while. Please read this. It means a lot to someone I know irl going through this problem. I won't mention them, but I know people who would want to know they are accepted and valid. This one goes out for Trans Rights.

Now, for an extremely important STORYTIME!!!

You hate it. You hate everything about it. What is it? Your body. You're given naturally long hair, a feminine face, boobs, and a vagina And constantly told to be a girl. Every day everyone is misgendering you and you can't do anything about it accept be extremely annoyed about it. You are not a girl. You are a boy. But your parents can't accept the fact that their daughter isn't their daughter but is their son. They try to get you to wear makeup and skirts and other girly things but you just don't want to! You want to wear long pants. You want to bind your chest. You want to be called 'he' and hang out with the boys eating pizza and playing video games. You want to be called by masculine pronouns and you want to cut your hair so short it doesn't go anywhere past your ears. You want a broader chin and huge muscles. You want to be a strong, functioning, healthy boy.  However Sinnoh isn't exactly the most open region about Trans Rights. You're forced to remain quiet.

"Wow, you're such a cute girl!" 

"Here you are, Miss."

"What can I get for you today, Ma'am?"

Employees, pedestrians, and cute grandmas just trying to be nice keep making you feel worse and worse about it. You've changed everything you could without your parents hating you forever. You always wear your hair up in a bun or a very high ponytail to keep it away from your face. You try to wear jeans and shirts that are colors like blue, red, and black. You wear baseball caps backwards and chew gum. You fixed the way you walk and you fixed the way you talk, trying your very best to lower your voice but it just doesn't work the way you want It to. Why weren't you born as the boy you are?

You were away from home. That's the last place you want to be. You're home is all the way in Sunnyshore City yet you find yourself here right outside of Twinleaf town at Lake Variety.  You don't want to be around anyone who knows who you are. You don't want to be called a She, a her, or anything feminine. You. Are. A. Boy. You had your jeans rolled up and you had your legs stuck in the water. You kicked your legs back and forth, just all around having some big things on your mind. Should you come out of the closet and be done with it? But you know for a fact your parents won't accept you as Trans. Nobody here will. Should you just run away to another region like Alola or Hoenn where they accept everyone for who they are? That might actually be your best decision. Maybe people there would accept you as the boy you really are. The sun was shining, but your baseball cap protected your eyes. You had your hair in a bun underneath the hat. You wore a sports bra to try and constrict these stupid breasts you were cursed with. It had to be about noon. That's when you heard a voice talking to itself.

"Yeah! Today is the day I'm goin goin to catch the legendary Red Gyrados! I'm going to be the best Pokémon trainer in the world!"

You smiled a bit and looked over to see a blond boy with an orange and white striped shirt and a scarf running towards the lake with a pokeball in hand and a very excited Infernape Running behind him. You've seen him once back at Sunnyshore. He bumped into you and he claimed you had to pay a fine. Not giving any fucks, you gave him a fifty. He seemed surprised that you actually paid him. He thanked you without assuming any pronouns at all, how you wished all interactions went. He probably didn't recognize you, but you recognized him. His face, not his name. His interaction had to be your favorite interaction with anyone ever. He instsntly puffed out his cheeks cutely.

"Hey! Don't tell me you already caught the Legendary Red Gyrados! I've been training forever to get the chance to battle it again!"

No assuming feminine pronouns. You just smiled and shook your head. You watch as a spark forms in his Amber eye. Did he recognize you? He must have because instsntly he pointed you and started screaming. He was already screaming but you don't mind. You're used to being screamed at.

"Wait I know you! You're that awesome person who actually payed me fifty dollars for your fine! Your fifty dollars helped me buy that hyper potion I needed to defeat Volkner! Hey, I have an idea! Do you want to battle me? I want to make sure I can beat you before going for the Red Gyrados! You look like a strong Trainer!"

More going on without the use of feminine pronouns. This had to be the best day of your life. You pulled your legs out of the water and shook them off before standing up, fixing your baseball cap and pulling a pokeball out of your belt. His Infernape pounded on its chest, ready for battle. The blond boy had a smirk and his hands on his hips. You could make your introduction as who you really are with this kid. You decided to introduce yourself first. Not with your birth name, but with your real name. Your boy name.

"Only if you tell me your name first. I'm (name)."

The boy pounded his chest with one fist, his Pokemon miming him. He stared directly into your eyes as he exclaimed his name For the entire world to hear. And you swore to Arceus you wouldn't forget this boy or his name. Not now, not ever. 

"My name is Barry and I'm going to be the best Pokémon trainer in the world! Now, battle me (name)!"

And that battle would start the best thing to ever happen in your life: Acceptance

Yes, if you haven't noticed this is only part one. This is a multiple part story. I'm working on the rest of the parts. I have no idea how many, but I'm working hard. If you want this as a full blown book let me know and I will make this a book. 

Trans People are Valid

Trans Lives Matter

If any of you are transgender in my audience, know that I love you and you are accepted by at least somebody. If you feel alone or if you ever feel like you don't belong or feel something that isn't happiness, know that it gets better. What matters is your happiness. Who you are is who you are.

Other people can deal with it.

~Eva