La Vida Loca [Barry x Timid!Reader]

She's into superstition, back cats and voodoo dolls~

STORYTIME!

"BARRY YOU'RE INSANE!!!"

You screeched, holding your Psyduck close to your chest as Barry took a running start, diving into Lake Variety trying to find the Red Gyrados. Barry wasn't even wearing a swimsuit. He just took off his shirt, scarf, and shoes and dove right in. When he was determined to do something, he was gonna to do something. Barry stopped once he took a few strokes towards the center of the lake, his Floatzel right beside him ready for battle. He looked around and grinned the same cheeses grin that gave you this crush on him in the first place.

"Hey, the water Is pretty nice! Why don't you come join me (name)? We can catch Gyrados together!"

Barry waved out to you and began swimming towards the center of the lake again, whichever was far too wide to see to the other side. You were extremely worried about him, but you didn't want to get your clothes wet. You could take them off, but you're self conscious about your body. What do you do? What do you do? What do you do? Just then psyduck managed to escaoe your tight grasp and walked into the lake, not bothering to dive, and started swimming out to meet Floatzel and Barry. Oh no.... you took off your shoes, socks, and whatever accessories you had, not including your belt and small satchel of a handful of mandetory items like pokeballs and berries, and jumped in, trying your best to swim out there in meet them. You were too scared for them not to go out with them. You don't want Barry getting hurt!

You stopped when suddenly Barry halted his swimming pattern. You hung onto Psyduck like a floatie, trying your darndest to catch your breath. You didn't thing you breathed even once swimming all the way out here. You could still see the shoreline behind you, but it seems distant. Ditto for the other side of the lake. Floatzel toom Psyduck out of the way and let you hang onto him since he was larger and had more surface area than the small duck. Barry decided to make this a little joke, which you don't mind considering you need something to get your mind off of how fast your heart was beating right now.

"I can't  believe you actually came out here, I thought I was going to fine you! Hurry up! We gotta catch that Gyrados so we can be the strongest trainers EVER!!!"

With that, he started going off into the water again. Psyduck absent minded let followed him, nonchalantly swimming and havin a good time. You didn't quite have your breath caught, so Floatzel decided to swim with you on his back. You were lucky Barry's Pokémon knew you and loved you like family, or else this would have been quite the disaster. Barry was crazy and sometimes acted on impus,e with no thought whatsoever, but you loved him regardless. You have to make sure he stays safe.

After a handful of minutes of riding Floatzel and keeping pace with Barry, you see something in the very center of the lake. It looks like a landform? You watch it carefully, trying to see what it was. You tug on Floatzel to get him to stop. Luckily, this also caught Barry's attention. He stopped swimming and hung on to Floatzel so he wouldn't have to waste energy treading. You were lucky you had your small satchel with you. You had a sinking feeling in your stomach you were going to need those items. After Barry caught his breath, you spoke. You wantedt o give him the ability to respond. 

"Barry, do you think we should rest on that little island?"

Technically, it is an island, so everyone in the comments can shut up. Barry nodded and started swimming again. Your wet clothes were starting to bother you, so you were quietly suffering until you got to the small island. You jumped off and thanked Floatzel for carrying you. Floatzel chirped in glee when you have the water Pokémon some affection for his efforts. You pulled Psyduck out of the water with you and helped Barry get up. He stood upright and placed his hands over his head, making sure his lungs got the air he needed. On the island was a large, ominous cave. You gulped. You didn't want to go into the dark cave, but knowing Barry....

"Woah, a Cave! (Name) we have to explore it! I'll fine you if you don't go with me!"

You bit your tongue to prevent yourself from calling him crazy again. You don't want to be that annoyingly redundant anime character with that one line as your entire trope now do you? No. Barry started running into the dark, Psyduck following him once again. You groaned and searched your satchel. Do you have ant sort of light source in here? No. You don't. You sigh and call out towards Barry, running into the darkness blindly as your fear apparently meant nothing to you next to your concern for your crush.

"BARRY WAIT DON'T LEAVE ME PLease..."

Your voice cracked as you realized what you had done. Floatzel? Psyduck? Barry? Oh man you're scared now. Dark, darker, yet darker. You hugged yourself from comfort, feeling extremely cold with your damp clothes and sharp breaths. You try to find a wall. Left? No. Right? No. Behind? No. In front? Yes. You found a wall and put your back to it, letting yourself fall to the ground and hug your knees. Wow, you're so pathetic. You want to cry just because of a little bit of darkness. You're suck a scardy-cat aren't you?

Suddenly a feint white light met your eyes. You looked around and saw a Pokémon you've never seen before. They had a white body and a pink head, a red gemstone In their forehead And dual long tails. The pokemon was so pretty. If you had to guess, it was a rock type or psychic type of some sort. Whatever they were, they were gorgeous. You noticed the warm tear stains on your face as the Pokémon floated over towards you. The Pokémon no used their small arms to guide you to stand up. They offered light and led you though the cave.

Before long you could hear a voice calling your name. You thanked the Pokémon and started running for it. The voice was concerned and... Barry! You could see the out,in early of him, Psyduck, and Floatzel. You ran into Barry's arms, not bothering to remember that you both are damp and Barry doesn't have a shirt. You started crying, feeling extremely scared. The Pokémon managed to catch up and float behind you, illuminating a small portion of this Cavern. Barry was extremely confused and conflicted with his emotions and he made sure to let everyone know.

"Oh my go do (name) we lost you and I got scared and- woah what's this? Is that a Pokémon!? Woah so cool! What is it!"

You wiped your eyes and just kept hugging Barry. You didn't want to let him go in case you lose him again. You hear the pokemon giggle and suddenly the light went away. You yelled and felt Barry's sleek arms wrap around you protectively. That's when you notice that the cave was lit now, just like a room in Luigi's Mansion after it's cleared. You lifted your head and looked around. The Pokémon was nowhere in sight. But that didn't matter. You just wanted to make sure Barry was okay. However, Barry beat you to saying the next bit of dialogue.

"(Name) I knew you're scared of the dark and I left you alone like that. I should t have scared you I-"

You press a finger to his lips to shut him up. It's okay. You're not scared anymore and the cave is lit up. Everything is okay now. You take in a deep breath and let one out, trying to get Barry to do it with you so he can calm down. Yeah, calm down. That sounds like a really good idea. Calming down and just getting out of this cave so you can both out on nice, warm, dry clothes sounded like the best plan anyone could make right around now.

Meanwhile Floatzel and Psyduck were watching their trainers go through this interaction. You didn't know, but Barry was panicking because he lost you and went on talking forever about how much he should fine himself and how much he would hate himself if he lost you for good. Psyduck didn't really know much, but he liked you and Barry. Floatzel knew that you and Barry had some differences and problems, but you manage to work them out together. You balance eachother out and make a great team.

Floatzel Ships It.

1466 Words

Yo whaddup. I'm back y'all. But go easy with requests. I'm still in school and I won't be able to do more than maybe one a two a day, maybe even some skipping some days. Sorry for being a lazy piece of trash. I just am lol. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva