Heart [Wally x Reader]

I hope you're ready to feel a lot of emotions.

STORYTIME!

You were someone that Wally looked up to. You had a warm smile and you would greet every new person with the benifit of the doubt. You shared your compassion with him and everyone else in your life. You were the perfect role model. It was the most miraculous thing that you chose to spend your time with him. You were the person who taught him and hung out with him during the majority of his childhood, and now you were traveling the region with him. The most important hint is that you taught him how to have heart. He had so many memories he shared with you that he never ever wanted to forget.

Like the time you both just started out on your journey. Wally just got the Raltz from May and  Mister Norman and he ran back home to show you. You agreed to go with him, joking around that he needed someone to protect him. Wally protested, of course, like the cute little boy he was. You went through Petalburg forest first together, telling him that he needs to get stronger and that it's the perfect place to start. Right off the bat he ran into a wild Phantump and got scared. Wally wasn't exactly the best around ghost types. He jumped and ran into your arms, extremely frightened. You just laughed and held him, apologizing to the small ghost Pokémon. You ended up catching Phantump yourself, addding another friend to your party. You used that opportunity to teach Wally the importance of kindness and compassion towards Pokémon. He loved this memory.

And that other time after Wally challenged Roxanne for the first time and he lost. Wally was broken and convinced he wasn't cut out to be a Pokémon trainer anymore. You wwre right there with him. You were so much stronger than him. You picked him up bridal style and carried him out. He definitely couldn't walk. Once you were out of the gym you carried him to the Pokémon center. Wally remembers feeling so embarassed his face was redder than a Skarmory's wings. He stopped crying and started Begging you to put him down with everyone staring. You completely ingnored him and placed him on the counter in front of Nurse Joy. You flashed an innocent smile at her and said something Wally will never forget: "Can you heal his sadness? I can't bear to see my little Wally cry." Wally remembers sniffing and looking at Nurse Joy. She simply laughed and gave him a lolipop before healing his Pokémon. That had to be one of his favorite memories ever.

Oh! And we can't forget this one! You wanted to try a Contest Spectacular and you accidentally signed up for partner contests. You begged Wally, the smol anxious bean, to go on stage with you. Wally didn't know why he agreed. Wally and Kirlia messed up real bad and the crowd began booing. Wally wanted to curl up in the corner and cry. That's when you picked him up and held him in a way suggesting you were going to slow dance. You commanded Kirlia to use heal pulse and Phantump to use Leech Seed all over the stage. You three Wally up into the air and told Kirlia to use psychic to make a psychic slide for him to slide down. He swiveled around and landed back Into your arms. The crowd went wild as you spun him in your arms and dipped him as if you were going to kiss him. You laiughed softly and booped his nose. He didn't admit it, but that was the most fun he has ever had with a crowd watching him.

Or how about this memory? The time you both were on Mount Chimney together? You both were fighting gallantly against a bunch of Team Magma people who wanted to get to something at the edge of the volcano. Wally doesn't remember what they wanted. Wally's Pokemon fainted and he panicked. You wwre still battling a two versus one when one of the Team Magma grunts grabbed him by his collar and held him over the lava of the volcano. He dropped him, almost as of it was on accident. Wally was plummeting to his death, crying his eyes out. Everything was a blur. All he saw was your face. You kissed him on the nose and threw him back upwards. He remembers screaming and agony as he watched you get swallowed up by the lava. The Team Magma people all looked at eachother as if they didn't want anyone to actually die. They all glared at the one who held Wally over the volcano on the first place. They left. Wally was alone with no one except his fainted Pokémon and the one Pokémon you had that wasn't fainted. It just so happened to be your Phantump who has yet to evolve. Wally Loathed that Memory.

Wally watched you die. It was all his fault. The heart that you helped build with him was shattered into a million different fragments that will never be healed. He went straight to the Pokémon center, bawling. He remembered after that he went straight home, flying on your bird Pokémon. Each of you had three Pokémon, so now it made a perfect team. Wally got back home and fell onto his knees. All six Pokémon came out to comfort him. Kirlia, Phantump, your bird Pokémon, and the rest. Kirlia went to go get his sister who was in town. Wally was in agony. He watched you die. You died. The one person who believed in him. The one person that meant the world to him. The one who was always there to smile and tell him that everything was okay was gone forever.

Now it's the Present and Wally stood in front of the mouth of Mount Chimney. He stared solemnly down in it. He completed his journey. He's challenged the Hoenn League twice and lost. He won't stop trying. Not with all the life lessons he has received from you. Not with everything you've told him. Not with all the support and love you've showered him with along the way. Not with the heart you've gave to him. Not with the heart you've trained him to have. Wally held a Lockett in your hand. He got this locket earlier and put pictures of the two of you together in both sides. Wally smiled and dropped the Locket into the Lava.

"It's for you, (name). I hope you get this...."

What he didn't know is that you did. Your angel lingered with him and watched him along the way. Your ghost became his guardian. You were his literal guardian angel. Once the locket burned to a crisp, the ghost of the locket appeared around the Your neck. You gazed into the locket and saw the two of you together. You smiled and wept an angel's tears. Wally... even if you couldn't ever touch or tell him how proud you were of him.... you will always love him. You just hugged him from behind, though he will never feel it... you hoped your message could reach him

"Thank you, I will treasure it always!"

Wally heard a whisper of your mlancholy voice. He turned around and saw nobody there. His chest swelled up and a sob appeared in his throat. No. He will not cry. He's cried enough. You're in the next life. The least he could do is honors your memory and make you proud. Wally looked up at the sky and said a small prayer in his head.

If we could meet again in our next life, I hope we become great friends again. I love you....

1296 Words

Did it work? Are you sad now? Sorry. I just felt like I needed to write something sad. I wanted to do Wally again for a while. Sorry this took so long. I went to the store with my dad.

Also requests are back open. Please don't flood me with too many. I'm still adjusting to the fact I'm doing oneshots again. I know I always beg for them. I know I'm just being an inconsistent bitch. I'm sorry.

~Eva