Belle Mére [Professor Sycamore x Reader]

He's hot. Nothing more needs to be said.

STORYTIME.

Late nights at the lab aren't often, but when they do happen everyone manages to fall asleep while working and it's up to you to be everyone's mom. Like, you send people home when they look like they are going to pass out, give out mint candies to people who look like they need a wake up call if it's too early, and when people fall asleep you find a blanket around and makeshift a bed for them. Especially with a lot more children asisstants around the lab like Sina, Dexio, and Trevor. Not to mention the professor can be somewhat like a child at times as well. Not that it matters. You love your work at the lab and everyone here. It's like a big family you never had.

Tonight was another late night. May you mention that every late night I'd completely voluntary and everyone loves working and the professor so much they agree to these late nights. You were studying fairy types and what they contribute to the type matchup charts. Of course, they balance out types like dragon that are overpowered without them, but what else does it do? It's the stuff like that which makes Professor Sycamore intrigued. You don't mind studying fairy types. They interest you too. In fact, your partner happens to be a fairy type. Another reason why you volunteered for the late night research.

Something about the lab: nobody can make it past two in the morning. By nobody you mean nobody. Not even the professor on a gallon of coffee can make it to two in the morning. So every hour you take a small patrol to make sure everyone is fine. Then you go and sleep by someone you think needs a little bit of love, or the professor. What? The professor is adorable and a dork! Read the title! It's no shocker that you have a crush on him! Right now, you were on your two a.m patrol. Most of the staff was already out and you had them nicely tucked in, but sometimes they'll roll out of position. Here's a perfect example.

Sina And Dexio, two of the laboratory's greatest pupils. Dexio traveled around the region already and Sina was an adopted child Sycamore took in so she wouldn't be so alone in the world. They fell asleep together and you put a nice blue blanket over the two of them. Well, Sina stole the blanket leaving Dexio to shiver in the cold AC of the lab, attempting to keep them awake. You smiled and the pair and tugged the blanket from the sleeping Sina, setting the other half over Dexio. You watch the sleeping boy's lips curl into a smile as Sina flipped over. Dexio's arm wrapped around Sina and soon enough they were cuddling without realizing it. You held in your fangirling shrieks.

You left them to their own cuddling as you checked around. Everyone seemed to be sound asleep. Well, those you didn't send home. The only people who were awake last time you checked were the professor, Trevor, and some guy named Brady who was  his way out the door. Brady was gone and Trevor fell asleep in an office chair holding a Pikachu close as if it was his teddyursa bear. You looked over on his desk and saw a green blanket with leaf patterns folded on it and a note on top. It was from the professor himself. You picked up the card and read it. For when you get sleepy. Don't wear yourself out too much Trevs. <3 You smiled at the dorkiness and folded the card up. Trevor would like to read that when he wakes up.

You took the blanket and unfolded it, placing it over Trevor and the Pikachu who were sound asleep in the chair. The Pikachu cuddled up to Trevor while the orange haired boy scrunched up into a little ball, as if he was too hot. He then proceeded to stick his feet out from under the blanket, forcing you to notice he took off his sneakers and socks. You forgothe doesn't like to cover his feet when he sleeps. You take a step back and smiled proudly, admiring the little sleeping family you have around here. You were so proud and ready to go check on the professor when you felt a hand on your shoulder and heard a whisper.

"You're still up Belle Mére? It's so early...."

You turn around to see the Professor in the dimmed down lights of the laboratory, rubbing his eyes and wearing no shirt underneath his lab coat he was using as a robe. You didn't look down any farther, knowing he probably isn't wearing the sweatpants he changes into before going to bed. Who sleeps in jeans anyways!? That's just uncomfortable. You freeze for a second, not used to having someone up with you around now. Normally he was asleep and you could sneakily give him a forehead kiss before wishing him goodnight. It took a moment for you to register what was happening and reply. Also that compliment he gave you in kalosian made your heart race just a bit.