You're The Best [Nanu x Reader]

Nanu is officially "Cat Daddy". Spread the word. SENDING A TEXT text! SENDING A TWEE- okay I'm done.

STORYTIME.

"Hey NanNan, I'm leaving for the grocery store! Is there anything else we need that's not on the list?"

You call out to your husband, who was on the couch with a laser pointer in hand, chuckling to himself as he plays with his countless Meowths. He loves the Pokémon like they were his own children. Considering thst the two of you can't really have children it's better to raise the Meowth instead. Nanu looked up from playing with the cat pokemon and took a moment to process what was happening and what you asked. His tired eyes stared into your own as he slowly and lazily began to think.

"Yeah. My slippers got chewed through again. Could you buy me a new pair?"

Those crazy kittens. you sighed. You swore the newborn meowths think they're Rockruffs or something alone those lines. How many new pairs of black bunny slippers have you bought this man this month? Seven? Three? Ten? However many it is it's too many. You nod and sigh in defeat. You'll buy your husband the bunny slippers because you love him too damn much. He loves the meowths too damn much. No wonder everyone on the police force and on UlaUla island call him "Cat Dad". Well, other than Kahuna. He's officially the Cat Dad everybody. Thst would make you his matching Cat (Dad/Mom/Parental Unit). You were the Cat Parents. Whatever.

"Alright. I'm gone! Bye!"

You call out, grabbing your bag and having one foot out the floor. You grab the keys too, not wanting to walk or bike. Just like your husband, you have grown to be lazy about mundane or normal tasks. Just why? Why even try if you aren't really doing something that takes a lot of effort? Buying cat food and buying black bunny slippers doesn't really count as a task that needs effort. It's just buying cat food and bunny slippers. You wait for your send off reply from your husband before you leave. You hear him sigh, realizing why you aren't just out the door and one already.

"Bye. Love you."

You beam and close the door behind you, head to the car and getting your wallet out. Gotta make sure you have enough cash on you to pay for the food and the slippers. Nanu telling you he loves you really makes you happy. You know what? You should pick him up a chocolate bar! Just because you can! Dark chocolate dove just the way he likes it! You're beaming sunshine if a smile now a smirk, you hop in the car and start the engine, ready to back out and go buy some grogeries for your happy family of dozens of meowths and one husband.

Time Skip

Nanu was on the couch, beaming with a smile. Most of his little babies were asleep on him and his day was great. While his cars were catnapping he was thinking about how blessed he was to have a spouse like you. You put up with his lazy ass, you support how busy his schedule can get and try to relax him, and you love him so much that you are constantly smiling just because he was existing. He smiled and shook his head just thinking about you. What did he ever do to deserve someone as amazing as you, loving him unconditionally? Oh, speak of the devil and an angel appears (Sidney you better run). You just happened to be unlocking the door right now. What perfect timing. So perfect it's uncanny. *looks Into the camera like the guy from The Office.*

"NanNan~! I'm home~!"

You chirp as you lug in several bags of cat food and one extra small grogeercy bag with his slippers and something else in there. Something small and rectangular. How curious. Nanu wasn't focused on it. Im fact, he was focused entirely on you. You walked over to the counter and placed the bags of cat food on them. The good part about you always doing the shopping is that carrying so many heavy cst food bags makes the weight of a small trip's Worth feel like nothing. You're just so amazing in so many ways he was so grateful to have you as a spouse. 

"Welcome home Sweetheart. I love you."

You giggled. Wow that came from nowhere. With Nanu being, well, Nanu you don't hear those words as often as a lot of other people do. That's okay. Nanu is just a stubborn old man sometimes. You took out the slippers and the super awesome surprise you got for him and walked over to him, sitting on the couch with no chance of getting up for a few hours. Hopefully he took a pee recently or his bladder is going to kill him. You lean over the couch with the gifts behind your back and you press a kiss to his forehead, Nanu losing his eyes and smiling as you did so. Precious kiss from his precious spouse. Then you revealed the slippers he asked for and watched his red eyes light up, even if it was just a little bit. 

"Thanks Sweetheart. You're the best."

You feel proud of yourself for a moment, then you realize you got something else to make Nanu even more happy with you. The extra dark chocolate. Nanu seemed to be confused on why you were still leaning over the couch. He watched you for a moment, curious to what you're morives were. What were your motives anyways? Did you want something or did you just want to spend time with him? He knows you get like that sometimes. That's when you decided to pull out the chcoate bar with a sneaky little smirk. Nanu pursed his lips, hiding his own. He doesn't have chocolate often for a good reason, but being the devious little tempter you are you like to buy him some out of the blue sometimes. He didn't know wether to be happy or mad. He was very mappy.

"I got you chocolate too! Now I'm the best!"

Aaaaaaand there we go. Nanu snickered out the breath he didn't know he was holding in and took the bar of chocolate from you. It was his favorite too. Extra dark and not sweetened at all. He likes the dark chocolate. He put the chocolate in his lap next to a pair of Meowth cuddling together on him. You were about to leave when Nanu reached over the back of the couch and pulled you down. He pressed a long kiss on your lips before letting you go. You lost your balance a little and hung onto the couch for support, Nanu smirked. He liked to think that he kisses you so hard he leaves you SHOOK. But really it's just you not expecting it and being a little bit ditzy. Same difference.

"Yep. You're the best."

1165 Words

Okay okay I like this one. I'm kinda happy with it but then again I know how terrible my writing is. I'm sorry.

Thanks for reading and I love you so very much!

~Eva