He Protec He Attac But Most Importantly... He Got Ur Bac [Kiawe x Reader]

I almost forgot how popular this dude was. First request coming back! Thank you SnowwyMoon for the request! I never watched the Alola anime so I'm just signing the plot. Sorry Snowwy! Are y'all ready for dis?

STORYTIME!

You held your Vulpix in your arms, her fur shining a brilliant red underneath the Alolan sun, as you explored this new island you shall now call your home. From what you've heard, Akala has three Trial captains and one island kahuna, who is also the rock type member of the elite four of this region. Alola was a lot different than your home region in Kanto, but you were eager to adapt and find a new challenge here on Akala. You figured with an island with the three first types you learn in kindergarten, you simply cannot go wrong! However, there is one tiny bit of information you were left in the dark about.... oh! And here it comes now!

You rose an eyebrow as a bunch of people dressed in black clothing that's trying to be hardcore and gangster but failing miserably notice you and start walking up to you. They flail their arms to make it try and look like dancing but it was just super cringy and hilarious. You held back your amused laughter as maybe three people circled around you, staring at your Vulpix in your arms. Vulpix had a timid nature, so she definatelt didn't enjoy all this attention. You noticed the white skulls on their little bandana hats. Are they a gang or something? Who knew. Whatever they were, they looked stupid.

"Yo, check this out! A Kanto Vulpix!"

"Hey, ain't those rare around here? Guzma would want this kinda rare 'mon!"

"Let's steal it!"

Okay so are these basically Team Rocket but the kid friendly version? Kids Bop really needs to uo their game. One of the goons tried to pry Vulpix out of your arms. Vulpix made you proud and spat a little bit of ember out st the person. You stepped backwards calmly and contained your snickers. Wow, this was really funny. You were about to make a witty comment and try to sarcastically lead up into whooping all of their butts when suddenly someone walked up from behind you, a Pokémon resembling what you knew as a Marowak by their side. They weren't wearing a shirt and that's pretty distracting. Definitely against school dress code.

"Get out of here, Team Skull, or you're going to have to deal with me."

Simotaniously, and as if the entire thing was staged, they all shrieked and yelled their own form of "It's Kiawe! Run!" And scrambled away. You rolled your eyes and noticed Vulpix stopped shaking like an irl Chihuahua. You stroked her soft head as comfort and turned to your quote unquote hero. They turened around and looked extremely concerned, as if you were in any sort of distress or any real danger at all. Clearly this person has never witnessed the peril of Mewtwo's rampage or seen any evidence of the first Pokémon war. Maybe it's true that Alolan people are softies.

"Are you all right? Being ganged up on by Team Skull isn't fun. You don't seem like you've gotten hurt..."

They trail off, looking at Vulpix. You raise your eyebrow again, trying to hide your smile and need to laugh. This whole interaction was so funny. Maybe this is just you being sassy, but this person was taking this way too far. Even If you were feeling overconfident, Vulpix probably needed the comfort and reassurance from someone. You decided to take the bait and shift Vulpix in your grasp so you can stick out your hand and introduce yourself to this dark and pretty/handsome stranger.

"No, those idiots didn't hurt me. Relax a little. Here, my name's (name) and this is my partner Vulpix. Before you ask, yes she is a fire type. A regular Vulpix. Oh and I use (pronouns) just in case  you assumed something else."

Never assume someone else's pronouns, kids. There's no shame in asking or specifying. Your quote unquote savior just stared at you, as is not expecting you to be that casual or laid back. It felt like you were being judged. You don't like feeling like you're being judged. You pressed your lips into a thin line, waiting for them to take your hand and shake it. What? Do they not know how to shake someone's hand? Reluctantly, the person finally did it and tried to match your introduction to avoid being awkward. Guess what? It turned out awkward anyways. Why? Because he cleared his throat beforehand and stuttered.

"Ah, well, yes. My name is Kiawe and I use masculine pronouns. He/Him. My partner is Marowak, however he is an Alolan Marowak, meaning his typing is dual of fire and ghost. I'm glad to see you are alright. Based on your partner and attire, I would guess you're not from Alola are you?"

There he is! He's finally understanding! You crouched down and set Vulpix in the floor, giving her the chance to meet and greet with the Alolan Marowak that stood by Kiawe's side. Once you stood back up you returned your attention to the dark handsome Alolan man. He seemed confused at why you suddenly bent down and hopped back up again, but it didn't matter. You're quirky, he can get over it. You should probably answer his question, shouldn't you? But that doesn't mean you have to be any less sassy. Oh yeah. We're having fun with this piece of literature.

"Well duh. Do I look tan or pretty to you? Does Vulpix look like an ice type? Nah. Do I know who the kahuna is or the trial captains are? Nope. Wait a second I should hurry up and learn that last one."

Why did you say that? Oh well. Who cares. It's not like you have any shame or anything. B-Baka. You looked over at Vulpix. She seemed to be having fun. Then you looked back a ton Kiawe's face. Why was he grinning like he knew something you didn't? You rose an eyebrow, begging him to go on with whatever he clearly wanted to say. You watched him cross his arm so over his chest. Oh no. What horrible mistake did you just make?

"Well, (name), it turns out you've just been saved from Team Skull by one of these Trial Captains you claim not to know."

You felt your blood go cold. Yep, okay. That was a horrible mistake. He started laughing a hesrt laugh and you acted like a tsundere, always trying to keep up your pride. That's a deadly sin, Reader. You shouldn't do that too often. You glanced over at Vulpix, not wanting to meet Kiawe's eyes. She looked like she was having a pleasant conversation. Poop. You can't drag her away from actually having fun. Whelp. Time to face the awkwardness head on. Face the consequences for your ignorance. It's kinda hard when Kiawe decided to use your own words against you.

"Hey, Relax a little. It's fine. And before you ask, I'm the fire type Trisl Captain. Just in case you assumed something else."

You snickered. You didn't hold in your laugh. Arceus take the wheel, because you just can't function right now. Embarassment plus witty humor doesn't equal you functioning as a human being anymore. 

"You're an asshole."

1218 Words

I don't know why I was feeling so sassy today. I think it was okay but I don't like how short it was or how causal it was. What do y'all think?

~Eva