Too Much [Barry x Reader]

WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO DANG CUTE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE

STORYTIME

Honestly, Barry could be too much. Scratch that. He's always too much. The little blonde ball of ballistic energy Was always rushing and bouncing all over the place. One moment he's starting his journey in Oreburgh City the next he's all the way in Hearthome watching your friend participate in a contest then spreading all the way to Snowpoont City in about a month or so. He wanted to become the strongest trainer and he wanted to become the strongest trainer now. He was so impatient and so loud sometimes it was just too damn much. Excuse your language.

Now, who you were? Well. You're just someone Barry met along the way. You met him in Eterna City. He bumped into you as you were going to challenge the gym. He already got his badge but was trying to run to the Pokémon center. As he grabbed his bag in a rush, he didn't realize he grabbed some of your Pokémon. You ended up with his Staravia and Peinplup whole he managed to have your Chimchar and Luxio. You needed up tracking him down at the Pokémon center While he was extremely confused and making a fuss about what happened to his precious, strong Pokémon. Thinking back it was kind of funny. He's cute in a way. But too much. At least you could handle too much.

Right now you managed to get him to just chill out at lake Verity. You tempted him over there by saying you could capture the Red Garydos thst lurks in the lake or even Mesprit in the center. In reality you're just making sure he stays in contact with his family in Twinleaf town and getting a relaxing break for yourself. Barry was surifing the lake, looking for traces of the shiny Pokémon as you stuck your legs In the water and closed your eyes. The starkly were signing and the flowers were blooming. On days like these people like you deserve to enjoy yourself. You smiled to yourself.

That's when you got splashed.

You wiped the fresh water of fruit your face and blinked. Barry was smirking, standing in the water with his shirt off. He decided to just strip his scarf and shirt and cinsider that enough to swim in. Empoleon was right Next to him, giving him a high five with his fin. You purses your lips together. He wanted to start wa water fight? Now? Really? Neither of you have swimsuits! Then again, he did live just a half mile away. That's not too far to run. Oh whatever. This is just Barry being too much like normal. You strip any extra layers you wear and jump into the water wearing nothing but a tank top and your shorts, smirking at Barry before you splash him big time right back.

"Pffffft. What the- HEY!"

He growled playfully as you cackle back at him. Suddenly there was thisiant splashfight in the lake between you and Barry. Empoleon backed away and watched like the good Pokémon he was, shipping the two trainers intensely. Barry jumped up and slapped his arms on the surface of the water, thrashing them in your direction to guide the water to hit you dead on in the face. You just squinted your eyes and dragged your arm s up Fromm under the water, aiming for wherever Barry was. After that you heard him laugh at you in an extremely mocking tone.

"Missed me! missed me! Now ya gotta-"

You splashed him again with a violent wave his way beforehand he could finish that, a little hint of a blush filling your cheeks. You'd be a liar if you haven't thought about it. You give him goodnight kisses all the time, sure, but you don't want to feel your romantic feelings for him get in the way right now. Right now is just a bunch of childish fun two twelve, going on thirteen, year olds should be having. Splash fights in a lake where a legendary Pokémon Nd possibly a shiny Garydos live. Smart move on your part. 

"Got you that time, sucker!"

You sneered at him. That was it. You ticked him off. With a sneer of his own he lunged at you. Oh no. Not today Satan. Uh, Pokémon equivalent to Satan. What even is the Pokémon equivalent to Satan? Yvetal? Let's go with that. Yeah. Yvetal. Not today Yvetal. You push against the water to send you backwards. Barry realizes he missed and used the ground under the lake to kick himself towards you, letting some of the silt kick up. You feel your hearts start pounding with that childish adrenaline as you start swimming away as fast as you could. Suddenly nothing seemed like too much any more.

You freestyle it (the swimming freestyle not randomly dance across the lake JFC) all the way across to the other side of the lake. You stop and hang onto the side for a breather. You look over your shoulders to see Barry powering along behind you, Empoleon just chilling and watching this entrie thing play out. You shriek and lush off the wall with your legs, launching you past Barry. Sadly, you boosted yourself past him in his own direction. Barry grabbed a hold of your leg and pulled you closer to him. You let out another amused and playful shriek. You felt like a kid again. This was too little.

"NoNoNO PLEASE BARRY PUTMEDOWN STAHP!!!"

You squealed like a Spoink as Barry lifted you up. Well, as much as he could with his scrawny arms. You hugged your knees, unawaringly in a cannon ball position. Barry cackled and threw you across the lake. You shrieked and made a splash as you collided with the he water, falling underneath the surface before bobbing up like a Buoyant object. I'm running out of similies I'm sorry guys give me a break. You spat out a mouthful of water, laughing like crazy. Barry was gliding through the water towards you, smirking as the water hit his body from the nose down. He was trying to swim ominously like a Sharpedo. That's a good simile there we go. Barry lifted himself up and started laughing. You started laughing with him.

"This is the best! So much better than a Pokémon! Right (name)?"

Barry said, smiling genuinely at you. Not smirking, not sneering, but smiling. You felt warm in your heart and face. Yeah. This was better. You looked down, blushing and smiling like an idiot. No. You don't want to bring your crush on Barry into this. This is just an awesome moment between friends. A splash fight. Wait... splash fight... you smirk up at him, then splash him in the face. You glide off before he could grab you. Frustrated, he yelled at you.

"DARN IT I WAS TRYING TO BE NICE AND SEDIMENTAL AND YOU SPLASH ME!!???!!! WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU YOU'RE SO DEAD!!!"

You cackled to yourself and swam away as the entire game of chase around Lake Verity began yet again.

1185 Words

This was just a cute moment I thought of and went "why not?". I wanted to make this deep and meaningful at the start but then I thought of the cute moment above and said "screw it its amsplash fight". That made no sense lol.

Thanks for reading my terrible works! I'm probably going to bed in a half hour. Major test tomorrow morning and I'm scared lol. I love you guys! Bye~

~Bye