There's No Way I Can Make It Without You [Falkner x Reader]

I was going to write this after school and Joske17 requested it so that means I WILL WRITE IT!!! I AM SO HAPPY I HAVE REQUESTS FOR ONCE AAAAAA

Also this is my story reference from the wiki:

Beware a SEVERELY out of character Falkner, okay? I'm not really good woth this character

Beware a SEVERELY out of character Falkner, okay? I'm not really good woth this character. He's kind of a smug tsundere, right? ... whatever I can just wing it

STORYTIME

Falkner has been going to the fighting dojo for... was it nine months now? He started in February and today it's November so unless he flunked kindergarten math that was nine months. He remembers when his Pidgey was only level two, now he Is standing here with a key Stone in his earring and a Pidgeot that can mega evolve. There's no way he would have made it through alone. There's no way he can make it without you. He was eternally grateful to you. That's why he comes back every Monday. To get better and to see you. If he knew any better he was falling for you.

"Hey Falkner! Man, I can't wait to see what your guys are made of today!"

You cheered as Falkner walked into the dojo, taking his shoes off. The floors like to scratch and tear when people wear shoes so they're banned. Also this place is an actual dojo so there's are people sparring in other rooms. You stood with your Heracross and  big grin you always wear when's greeting people to your dad's dojo. You wore your key stone around your neck. Not like a normal necklace, pendant, or locket. Yours was a choker with the key stone in the dead center. Heracross wore his one his horn like Antenna. You cracked your knuckles and showed off your black belt, lined with clipped on pokeballs and ready for battle. You had a perfected team, just like Falkner was striving for. Your Pokémon love you and you battle with passion. The one time Falkner beat you was a day where you battled outside the gym and Heracross was benched. Of course, his Pideot as also benched. You and Heracross were the dynamic duo. Enough of that. Falkner smirked and held up his hand.

"Not so fast. Dojo doesn't officially open for Pokémon battles for another hour. I actually wanted to talk to you."

Your smile dropped. He knew what came to your mind. You must have thought he was leaving the dojo. He wouldn't even think about the possibility. This place has done so much good for him he couldn't see leaving this place even in the far future. This was his Monday tradition and it made him grow so far as a trainer, gym leader, and a person. He needed to soothe your thoughts first before he can go on about the sappy stuff. Hopefully his pride doesn't choke him up...

"Not like that! I ain't going anywhere! I just need to thank you, Alright?"

Yep, his pride is starting to get the best of him. He felt his face go hot and his tsundere was activated. He watched as your smile returned to your face. Good, what a relief that is. Heracross decided that you two needed some privacy so he left to go who knows where. Probably to go find some sort of trainer to do a one on one with. Heracross sometimes does his own battles without you as a trainer to inrpove his own skills. He takes after his trainer a lot. Back to the moment at hand.

"Thank me? For what? You're the one improving and striving for more. Your Pokémon are the ones working hard to become the very best. Of all people or Pokémon in Johto why would you want to thank me for anything?"

Falkner has that anime moment where everything goes black and the white crack shatters the background and he went completely white. Not physically, but that's what he felt like was happening. Are you serious!? You're the best thing to ever happen to him! Without you he wouldn't be anywhere! His face was still boiling hot from the blush. You genuinely believed you didn't have anything to do with his improving. You looked like you did at least. Sure, you were right about himself striving for more and his Pokemon doing the work (Falkner made a mental note to treat them to a lot of treats later) but without you he wouldn't have grown compassion. He wouldn't have learned to control his slight temper he gets sometimes when losing. Or the best/worst of all: he wouldn't be able to fall in love with the most amazing person on the planet. Falkner looked you dead in the eyes and took your hands while he still had the balls. Pokeballs that is. 

"There's no way I could make it without you. You pushed me to want to strive for more. You taught me so many training methods and how not every single one works for every single pokemon. You gave me my first keystone and mega stone. You calmed Pidgeot when he freaked out during his first mega evolution. You taught Staraptor that It was okay to miss sometimes. You taught me it was okay to lose and you taught me how to love myself for where I'm at and not hold myself to ridiculously high standers. So yeah, I do have a reason to thank you. You practically are my everything."

He watched your face flush just like his at that last statement. Falkner didn't realize what he said until he said it. He was running in pure adrenaline. His heart was pounding! He realized he was still holding your hands after he noticed you looking down at them. He let them go, entirely embarrassed. Heracross, who was watching and laughing after not being able to find a battking partner, was shipping it like FedEx. His pride was startin to surface again. Tsundere Falkner Repise in three... two.... one!

"B-but it's not like I like you or anything! Wait, I like you but I don't like you like you! This is just a mess I'm sorry I-"

He felt something on his lips, shutting it up. He looked back at you to see you smiling, tears in the corners of your eyes. Were you crying? He didn't mean to make you Cry! Was it because he said he didn't like you that way because he totally does and he didn't mean it! He's just tsundere and can't help it! But he didn't know how joyful those tears were until you whispered the last phrase that would end this oneshot.

"I love you too, Falkner."

1116 Words

Okay this was pretty okay but it was still bad. I can't grasp the character, my writing style is just horrible, my grammar and spelling is always a mess, and I can't be creative to save my life.

Sorry guys. Thanks for reading and I love you so very, very much.

~Eva