Evolution of Us [Professor Elm x Reader]

Did I even tell you guys I'm game grumps trash? No? Well now you know.

Also professor Elm is super underrated. He deserves more love. Also giving him a headcannon first name of Jeremy because he looks like a Jeremy. Jeremy Elm. I think it suits him.

STORYTIME!

Romance Level One

Age: Thirteen

It was raining and you were stuck in Cherrygrove City, unable to get home. You were in a rush because you had to get to the pokemart the town over for your sick mother's medicine. You don't want to get sick and force your baby brother to be in his own for a while! You clutched the bag and stood under the roof of the PokéMart, watching the rain only get worse and worse. This was a really bad situation.

That's when an umbrella was lent put towards you. You looked over to see Jeremy Elm, son of the Pokémon Professor in New Bark Town, your hometown. Unlike his father he had glasses and lighter brown hair, taking after his mother. He smiled clumsily at you and you saw his cheeks warm up a little bit. Hopefully he didn't get sick from the rain either! It's flu season and it's brutal here in Johto...

"I saw you leave without an Umbrella so I thought Totodile and I would come and help."

Totodile? You looked by his legs and there stood the Water Type Pokémon that his father was researching at the time. The little alligator cheered and held his arms out, ready to carry the bag of medicine so you didn't have to worry. You felt your heart warm up. You happily gave the bag of medicine and patted the head of the Totodile. Then you stepped under the large umbrella (that's rainbow colored because we need more adorableness in this fanfic) and got close to him. You swore his face got even redder.

"Thank you both! You guys are awesome!"

Jeremy Elm stuttered a little bit and eventually didn't say anything you could understand in the English language. You both started to head back home in Route 29 to New Grove City. Man, Jeremy Elm really is a nice kid

Romance Level Fifteen: First Evolution

Age: Seventeen

You stayed in New Bark Town your whole life, raising your baby brother in place of your sickly mother because her illness only grew worse as the years went by. Now he was ten years old and took a Pokémon from Professor Elm Senior And was ready to take on the gym challenge. Now it was just you and your mom. Your only friend around here Now was Jeremy Elm, studying and one year away from succeeding his father and becoming the official professor of Johto. You know what? It's time to visit him. You have a key to the laboratory so why not just barge in? That's exactly what you did. You threw open the door and announced your presence with pride.

"I'm home!"

Jeremy and Professor Elm both turned around and registered the fact that you were here. Professor Elm Senior facepalmed while your Professor Elm grinned and ran over to you, forgetting whatever task he was working on. A Totodile, Chokorita, And Cyndaquo, followed him happily, excited to see you. This made you feel so special. Aww! They all cared about you so much! This is adorable.

"(Name)! You're back! You missed it! We discovered that Pikachu is the evolved form of some other Pokémon!"

You gasped. No way! Jeremy Elm was always really focused on Pokémon evolution. You picked up Cyndaquil and followed him over to the research table where there was a small little Pokémon standing in a Pokémon eggshell with two Pikachus next to it. Totodile jumped at his leg, also wanting to be picked up. Chikorita just annoyingly went to the corner to get some sleep. That's enough excitement for her I guess. Jeremy sighed and picked up Totodile. Resistance is futile.

"See? When two Pikachus have an egg an undiscovered Pokemon is born! We want to call the little guy Pichu. We are still running tests to figure out what type he is! I'm thinking normal electric but Dad says he's just pure electric like our Pika friends."

You look over your shoulder to see Professor Elm Senior still being a grumpy old man not enjoying the fact that he has visitors in his lab. It's impossible to see how that grouchy man gave his sperm to make your precious cinnamon roll that is Jeremy Elm. You let Cyndaquil, down and looked at tiny little Pichu. The Pokémon looked at you a moment before squealing with delight and jumping out of his little eggshell and holding his arms up. Aww! He wants to be picked up! You used one arm to pick up the Pichu and reached over to the Pikachus. You pet their heads and told them they did a wonderful job with Pichu. Then you turned to Jeremy Elm.

"I can help with your experiments! I wouldn't mind being around two cuties all day!"

Jeremy blushed bright red and his dad groaned over in the corner. You're going to be so happy in a year when Jeremy inherits the entire lab. You Seriosuly don't think he approves of you being Jeremy's lover. Wait, did I not mention that in this passage? You're dating Jeremy Elm. 

Surprise.

Level Thirty Six: Final Evolution

Age: Twenty-Three

Ever since Jeremy inherited the lab, so many amazing things have happened. Your precious Professor Elm (junior) classified Pichu as an electric type (for now because his dad wouldn't budge on the subject), discovered dark types, and discovered the new Pokémon Togepi! Everyone was going great! He had a steady career path and your mom was put in a retirement home where they can look after her. You sold your house and began living with Bae in the flat above the lab. Good thing his father moved out and moved to Kanto to continue his research with Professor Oak. You may not be married yet, but life was pretty rocking. Let's change that last sentence, shall we?

"Hey, (name)?"

Professor Elm Junior asked for your attention, hiding his hand in his labcoat's pocket. You turned around and raised an eyebrow. Jeremy used to be an anxious dorky kid. His self esteem and confidence rose over the past few years ever since you started dating him. You rose your eyebrow, what made him so nervous all of a sudden? You gasped and covered your Louth hen you realized why. He bent down on one knee and open a tiny box he had in his pocket toward you. A giant (birthstone) gem sparkled in your eye.

"I know we've been living together forever now, but I want to make it official. Would you want to be my Elm?"

His face was red and he had a bashful smile swept over his face. You squealed like a fanboy or fangirl (or fanperson for non binary pals out there) and tackled him into a hug. The closed the box just in time so the ring wouldn't fly out. You laughed and cried and felt all the motions right there on the floor, screaming your answer for the world to hear.

"YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES!!! I WILL MAREY YOU JEREMY MICHAEL ELM!!!"

This was the happiest moment of your life.

I'm squealing, you're squealing, everyone is squealing. Again, this boi deserves more love. Please give him all the love he deserves. Thank you.

~Eva