All Eyes on Me [Harley x Shy!Reader]

Request by only Jackalight this time for his favorite character!

STORYTIME!

You're a huge fan or Pokémon contests! They're so gorgeous! The way people connect woth their Pokemon and preform on stage for everyone to see is amazing! The Pokémon a are show stopping! The trainers are so smart and tactical! You could gush on forever and ever Why contests are the best. Then you could gush on for another infinty and beyond on why Harley was your favorite coordinator and how cool his Cacturne is and how his sassy personality is good for the soul.

While you could gush on and on, the truth is you're very timid. Don't understand? Tú eres muy timido. THAT'S RIGHT YO GIRL EVA TAKES SPANISH CLASSES!!! That's our fourth wall break for the beinging of the chapter. Back to the topic at hand. You're shy af. Yes, you love contests. That doesn't mean you have the guts to preform in front of possibly a hundred people. You could mess up real bad and make a fool of yourself, disgracing everyone! Dishonor on your whole family! Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow! DISHONOR!!!

So you were the kind of trainer to sit in the back and watch, geeking out when your favorite coordinator(s) find themselves dazzling the audience on stage. Especially Harley. His sassiness a good for everybody. He was hot and he knew the stage was his when he walked on. He had a confidence you could only dream of. Maybe that's why you idolize him so much? Who knows. You certainly don't. You just love Harley so much AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

It wouldn't be a oneshot if this wasn't leading into some sort of plot, right? We've had enough exposition. In the present you were in the contest hall, sitting to yourself with your precious Swablu in your lap. You tend to wait here to try and catch a glimpse of your favorite people while you can. Before the pokeparazzi catches them. Specifically hoping to catch a glimpse of Harley. But you were a little bit distracted this time. You were daydreaming to yourself. What if you and Swabluw decided to become contest stars? What would happen? Then a voice rang in your ear. You were too spaced out to see if you recognized it. You didn't even look up.

"So, whatcha thinking about?"

Again, you were zoning out. Normally you would tense up and scoot away, answering with a bashful lie. Nope. You're still imagining yourself on the stage, right next to Harley. It would be a dream to be able to stand on the same stage as him. What if you became as good as him thst you got to COMPETE against him?! Crazy, right!? You smile to yourself, brushing back a strand of your hair behind your ear. If your hair is too short to do that, then you just ran your fingers through your hair. If you don't have hair then you just fidgeted with Swablu's cotton like wings while the Pokémon purred from the message he wasn't receiving.

"Just imagining what it would be like to be loved by everyone and be as amazing as Harley..."

You sighed dreamily. Now let's go into the mind of our mysterious stranger! You would never have guessed it was Harley himself! But in disguise. He didn't want to be caught by the pokeparazzi right now. Not after a loss against May of all people. So he used his feminine appearance and attitude to his advantage, stealing one of Jessibelle's hair ties and dresses to become a girl. He was lucky you were so zoned. He was worried you'd recognize him if you noticed. He tried giggling in a girly voice, but it just cracked and sounded weird. Hey, at least you loved him! That kept his ego happy!

"Yeah, he's definitely the best coordinator out there! I can't beleive May destroyed him today!"

Harley slumped, glancing over at you to see your reaction. You perked up and stared into his eyes. Shit. Did you realize who he was. You just blinked before looking around. The pokeparazzi was looking around for him. Harley watched you slowly nod, trying not to make it look like you were nodding to yourself. To be honest it was hella adorable. Harley liked you already. You said you wanted to be as amazing as him? Maybe he can build up one of his fans.

"Besides, you don't gotta just imagine being as great as him. Maybe you could try contests?"

You blushed. Back in your perspective because I'm lazy! Was he for real?! You knew this was Harley tryin go to avoid the pokeparazzi, but was he really trying to get you to do contests!? You look down at Swablu, who you were hugging tight to your chest. No chance! No way! You won't do it oh no! You swoon, you sigh, you deny it uh oh. It's too cliche! You won't do it for looooooooooove.

"N-no way! I have major strange freight! I know I'm going to mess up the second I get up there! Plus, nobody can be as great as Harley! I would fail every contest and then everyone is going to hate me then I will have to move away from the Hoenn region in shame Andy never get to see one of his amazing performances again!"

You were talking fast. Oh god you were forcing all of your problems onto Harley. You wanted to apologize but your pounding heart didn't let you. Back to Harley because we can! Harley didn't know what to feel. He's never done this before so he wouldn't know to begin with. First of all, he loves the compliments and the fact you're covering for him. Secondly, how can someone be that irrationally insecure? That was such a stupid reason it would make someone with an IQ of over 9000 seem like the most idiotic person in the world, which is definitely May. Thirdly, why would you fail? You're adorable and you got an adorable Pokémon. All you need is a few touch ups and some makeup and he can make you into a fabulous apprentice in a snap! Harley reaches out and out a hand on your shoulder. You snapped your eyes towards him, showing him you were tearing up. Wow, now he feels bad. Whelp. Time to console you!

"Listen, you need confidence. People like a person with confidence. Strut up there knowing that the world is yours for the moments you got on stage.  Are sure all eyes are on you. You gotta elk yourself "all eyes are on me." You gotta force the audience the get all eyes on you. You gotta be a star. Once you got confidence, nothing will stop you from bein great."

You froze. Was he really talking you to go for it? Was he really telling you to give it a shot? Harley waited for a reaction. He got a sniffle and a tear but nothing else. Then you suddenly smiled and threw yourself into his arms. Oh goodness that happened fast. Roses are red, cacturne is prickly, by the name of Arceus that escalated quICKLY. Luckily your Swablu flew out of your grasp just in time.

"Thank you so much! I promise I will do everything I can to make you proud! Just watch me!"

And that was the story about how Harley had gotten his first apprentice, his first REAL rival, and his true love all in one night.

1234 Words I kid you not that is the word count.

Thanks for reading and I'm sorry that my writing sucks. I'm really bad. 

I love you guys! Each and every one of you!

~Eva