Chapter 33: Ely

One Month Later

James is back at the studio this week with Jo doing a photo shoot for the new line. Jo has no idea what the new line is called but she will very soon. I took the afternoon off to help with getting the studio set up with the work of some from ForeverBeauty. Whitney has Jay back in hair and makeup before she dawns the first outfit. Jo has multiple pieces of camera equipment that one of the assistants is having to take in out so that she can set up all of her cameras. They have me on the lighting, Billy has little Paislee in another room were she is getting outfitted in clothing, she is an important part of today.

I got to see the new eyeshadow palette line and it looks like a rainbow fell and crashed into the make up, every color you could imagine is coming out in one palette. She has other products in this line but it's the eyeshadow she is most proud of. 

The door opens off to the side of the studio and in walks Jay with little Paislee. Jay is in a long dress with flowers every where, Whit twisted half of her hair up around a crown of flowers. The little Princess is in a matching outfit and she has a crown as well. She almost has enough for a little pony tail but not quite there.

"Alright Jay we want you over here and I want you to cradle Paislee and look down at her like she's the only thing in the world." The assistant instructs before they bring in Jo.

"She almost is, but her god daddy runs a close second" she looks up and smiles at me. I can't help but return the same smile. She is glowing holding Paislee under the stage lettering spelling out the line's name.

"Alright bring in Jo" Jay says standing on her marker surrounded by rustic decor and big paisley flowers. The marquee lighting up.

Jo walks through the door looking down at her camera but when the movement pulls her from what she was doing she sees a big set up with the marquee spelling out 'Southern Paislee' James developed a whole line full of colors to represent Paislee being a rainbow baby with a touch of her signature 'Southern' warm colors.

I stand back and watch Jo take it all in. Thank God her camera was attached to her neck because she dropped it and her hands flew up to mouth as she fought a losing battle with her tears.

"Oh my God Jay! Is this why you wouldn't tell me anything about the line?"  Jay nods still holding little Paislee. None of them aware of another photographer in the background catching the whole reveal in still frames.

"This is for my goddaughter, the royalties from this line go directly into a trust that she will have access to at 18 on the grounds she goes to college. And then again at 25, hopefully for her wedding, and finally at 30 she will get complete access." Jo walks up to her friend shocked at what she is hearing.

"Jay what about you? You did all of the work." She hugs her friend, her sister by choice.

"I have royalties from three other lines and a skin care line. It's more than I'll ever need and doing this means my little peanut is set no matter what happens in life." They both hold on crying and trying not to smother my princess.

"Okay let's do this" Jo finally pulls back and steps back to start the shoot.

Jay does three different set ups all with a different outfit and Paislee in each one matching Jay. It's the cutest damn thing ever. I look over at Whitney who is standing on the other side of the studio watching with Parker the CEO of ForeverBeauty. That man will never know how grateful I am that he gave all this to Jay.

Finally Jay heads back to change one more time, and the background is quickly changed. And in less than 30 minutes the crew has completely transformed the studio into a hayfield, I wanted to do this outside but the weather just wouldn't cooperate today. That's okay, Parker was more than happy to help me set this up. Jo and I have been planning this for a while, we chose a wheat field to mimic her most famous product, a highlighter called 'Southern Honey' and all the scheduling came together on for this day specific. This day nearly three years ago James agreed to move in with me.