3

ZOYA ANWAR
When I arrived at the hospital, I found Aayan and Nadia waiting outside. "W-What did the doctors say?" "They said he needed surgery" I looked at the door and realized that he was fighting right now.

He was fighting between life and death. I teared up knowing that if he loses this fight then he'll leave me. "Baji, please don't cry... He will be fine" Nadia said while hugging me.

"Where is ami?" "I don't know, she wasn't home when I got home," Aayan said while joining the hug. They both pulled away and looked at me, "Baji, be strong" I nodded and walked towards the door.

Abu, be strong please be strong. I need you here, please don't lose this fight. I kept standing there waiting till the doctors will come out and tell the good news.

2 HOURS LATER
I was still at the hospital with Aayan and Nadia. It was already 10 pm and he was still in the surgery. Nadia had fallen asleep on Aayan's shoulder, and he had his head on my shoulder.

I heard the door open, "Aayan, the doctor" I said while shaking his hand. He woke Nadia up and we all three walked up to the doctor.

"How is my father doctor? Is he alright?" "I'm sorry to say this but we couldn't save him," The doctor said while apologizing. He had guilt in his eyes.

"W-What do you mean?" "Sorry to say this but he didn't have enough time, even if he survived the surgery, he wouldn't have much time to live. We are sorry" He said while bowing.

Everything around me stopped, I felt like my world just broke. I heard Nadia break down and heard Aayan sniffing quietly. The doctor and nurses walked away while we all three just stood there.

"Aayan, Nadia, how is your father?" I turned around and saw ami walking up to os. Nadia and Aayan looked at her and shook their heads.

She looked at me and walked up to me. *SLAP* I stumbled back and my forehead hit the wall hard. "Ami, what the hell are you doing?!" Nadia shouted and walked up to me.

She held me and looked at me trying to see if I was hurt. "Oh my god, baji you are bleeding," She said while turning my head towards her, but I didn't care about anything right now and neither was I listning to anyones words.

"It's all her fault, she should have taken care of her father! Who will pay for the funeral? Who will take responsibility for the house and us?!" I slowly took Nadia's hand away from me and walked away from there.

I didn't know where I was going, I just wanted to get out of this hospital. "Excuse me miss in the blue outfit?" Why did he have to leave me alone? What am I gonna do without him?

Someone suddenly grabbed me by the wrist, I turned around and saw a man. He was tall, with beautiful green eyes and his dark brown hair was perfectly sat up.

"I've called you 3 times miss" I ignored him and pushed his hand away. I stopped walking when I heard Nadia's voice. "Baji?!" I turned around and saw her and Aayan running up to me.

"Excuse me, do you know her?" "Yes, she is our sister" Aayan answered slowly. "She needs treatment, she is bleeding a lot," That man said while pointing towards my forehead.

I touched my forehead and saw blood on my hand. I looked at it for a while and then suddenly I started to feel dizzy, and in a few seconds, everything went black.

I slowly opened my eyes, my head was hurting a lot. I sat up and saw Aayan talking to a man, "I'll check her and when she wakes up you can take her home"

When the doctor turned around, I was surprised to see that he was the same man I saw before fainting. He walked up to me and checked my pulse, he then looked in my eyes and I got lost in them.

"Does it hurt anywhere?" "M-My head is hurting," I said while looking away "Well, you've hurt your forehead somewhere hard," He said while looking at me coldly.

I stood up and was gonna take a step forward, I was gonna fall down but that doctor grabbed me. "You are weak because of losing blood" "I can handle myself," I said while pushing him slowly away.

I walked up to Aayan and looked at him, "Let's go home" I whispered he nodded and looked at the doctor. "Thank you," He said before we slowly walked away.

On our way home we both didn't say anything. Aayan knew me so well, that he didn't ask me about anything.

When we arrived home I could hear Nadia arguing with Ami. "Ami, you are so wrong! Can't you see how much baji is doing for us?! She is the one who is taking care of us! She is the one who took care of me and Aayan since we were kids! You should be thankful that she is still taking responsibility! She is still taking care of you, even when you are like this to her!"

"Nadia, don't argue with me! Is she the one who thought you to argue and shout at your mother?!" "Why do you keep blaming baji?! Because of her you still have Aayan with you! Even that day you blamed baji, even when she risk-" Before she could say anything more I opened the door and walked.

They both turned around and saw me, Nadia hurried up to me and hugged me tightly. "Are you alright baji?" I nodded and looked at her with a weak smile.

"Please order something today, I'm tired," I said trying to hold my tears. Before she could say anything more I went up to my room.

"Look at her attitude! Walking away is what she is good at!" "Ami, it's enough!" Why Abu? Why did you have to leave? I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged myself tightly.

Why is this world so unfair? Do I really deserve all of this?

I stood up and went to my makeup table, I sat on the chair and opened the drawer. I took it out and looked at it for a while.

"It's been a long time" I whispered while looking at it. I never thought this day would come again.

But here I am with this blade in my hand!