31

ZOYA ANWAR
I slowly opened my eyes and looked around, I was somewhere unfamiliar. Then I realized that I was in a hospital room, I slowly sat up and saw a hospital bed beside me.

Anthony? Where is he? I stood up and started to panic, where is he? Is he alright? I went out of the room and looked around the hallway.

I saw a nurse passing by I stopped her and asked her "Do you know where Anthony is?" "No, sorry"

Where could he be? He is hurt, don't tell me he is in the surgery room. I went to the rooftop and didn't see him there, then I went down to the cafeteria but he wasn't there either.

No, nothing happened to him, right? He is alright, right? I didn't realize that tears were running down my cheeks. Someone suddenly turned me around.

"Zoya? What are you doing here? How are you feeling? Wait, why are you crying? Are you hurt?" "A-Anthony"

"Are you hurt somewhere?" I hugged him tightly and cried on his chest. I felt him wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"W-Where were you? I-I was so scared" "Shh, I'm here" I pulled away and looked at him. "How are you? Did you get stitches? What did the doctor say? How is your wound? It isn't hur-" Before I could finish my sentence he presses his lips on mine.

I closed my eyes and kissed him back. He pulled away and smiled at me, "You ask too many questions" He held my hand and we went back to the room.

"Here eat," He said while giving me a plate with food. "Did you eat?" I asked him while looking up at him. He nodded and took the spoon.

He put it towards my mouth and I took the bite. "Mom and dad are on their way" I nodded and put the spoon towards him.

"I already ate" "I don't trust you," I said while smiling. He chuckled and took the bite. The door opened revealing his parents.

"Zoya, dear you are awake," His mother said while walking fastly up to me. "How are you dear?" "I'm fine now Mrs. Lopez" She looked at me and smiled while caressing my cheek softly.

"I'm so happy to know that you are fine and please don't call me Mrs. Lopez. Call me mom" Mom? I would love to but isn't too much to ask for?

I've never had a mom who would love me, but will I be selfish if I wanted her to love me like a mother?

"What are you thinking about dear?" I shook my head and smiled at her. "I'm sorry that you had to worry about me," I said while looking down on my hands.

She grabbed my hand and held it. "No, dear, if the family wouldn't worry then who would?" Family? The only family I ever had was dad, Aayan and Nadia. But not even them longer.

They stayed for a while and then went back home. I looked down at Anthony who had his head on my lap with closed eyes.

"Anthy?" "It's been long since you called me that" My hand automatically went through his hair, "When can we go home?" "You don't like being at the hospital?" He asked while opening his eyes and met mine.

I shook my head while he sat up. "I just... I just remember my dad when I stay in the hospital rooms" I said while looking away.

He grabbed my hand turned my head so that I was facing him. "We can go home tomorrow" I nodded and put my head on his shoulder.

"But we are going to my parent's house" "Uh, why?" I said while looking at him. He chuckled and pecked my lips, "You are hurt, I'm injured, and when we both are injured then who will take care of us?"

"I'll do it, I don't want to be a burden" "Why would you be a burden to them? I can't let you take care of me while you've injured your head"

He stood up while taking his phone. "What are you doing?" "I'll call David and let him know that he needs to pick us up"

"But-" "No, buts" He turned around and called David. I kept looking at him and when he was finished he turned around and looked at me.

"Can I borrow your phone to call Aayan?" "Why are you even asking," He said with a smile and handed me the phone. I smiled and took it. I typed Aayan's phone number and called him.

"Hello?"

"Aayan, it's Zoya"

"Baji! Where have you been? We've been calling you for the last three days and you didn't answer os!"

"Sorry, I-I lost my phone... Anyway, how are you?"

"We are good, how about you?"

"I'm fine, are you free next week?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I need to give you something, we'll meet at the café"

After talking to him for a while I ended the call. "Why didn't you tell him to come now?" "I don't want them to worry plus mom won't let him come at this time"

He sighed and back hugged me. He put his chin on my shoulder and pecked my cheek, "Can I ask something?" I was very curious about this thing.

"Who changed my hijab?" "Mom did it... Why?" "You had a chance to see me without but you didn't" He pulled away and turned me around while wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I could and I wanted to, but I know how much it means to you," He said while caressing my cheek softly. I closed my eyes wanting more of his touch.

I felt his lips on my forehead, I opened my eyes and looked straight into his. "What?" I asked while chuckling. "I must have done something good in my past life, to have you in my arms now"

I chuckled and pecked his lips. "Aren't you tired?" "I am," He said while yawning. I chuckled and sat on the sofa bed, I patted my lap and he happily laid his head on my lap while facing my stomach.

He snuggled into my stomach while I caressed his hair softly. "We still haven't been on our date," I said and looked down at him. I chuckled while looking at him.

His mouth was slightly open and I could hear soft snores coming from him. I shook my head while smiling and pecked his forehead.

"Sleep tight, my prince"