18

ZOYA ANWAR
When I asked him, he was taken back by my question. "F-Forget it" I whispered and was embarrassed. "No, meet me tomorrow in my office," He said seriously while looking at me.

Our food arrived and I was thankful because it was getting akward, what the hell was I thinking? I took my drink and started to drink from it without looking at him.

"Are you coming back home?" "Home?" I looked at him confused. "The penthouse" I chuckled and looked away.

"How can I call that home? I mean, I'm only staying there till I find another place" I said and looked at him with a smile.

Home? I wish I had a place to call that, I wish I had someone. Someone I would have a home with, but that will always be just a dream.

"Are you going back to work after this?" He nodded his head and took a sip of his black coffee. I kept looking at him, he knows everything about me but I still don't know a thing about him.

"Can I ask something?" He hummed while nodding his head and looked at me. "You've never talked about your family" "You never asked," He said while smiling.

"Okay, tell me about your family," I said while leaning forward with my arms on the table. "I lived with my parents and my two brothers" "Were you kicked out or something?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "I moved out after my first hospital was built. My both brothers were successful men when I was young, I wanted to be like them"

"They must be your idols," I said while smiling. He nodded his head and took a sip of his coffee. "Lucas my oldest brother, is a businessman and my second oldest brother Oliver is a cook and owns over 20 restaurants"

"Wow, and you can't even make breakfast" "Are you bullying me?" "Of course not," I said while chuckling.

"My parents are very nice and are happy with all three of us. My dad wanted me to take over his business but when I told him that I wanted to be a doctor and wanted to stand on my own feet, he agreed and handed his business to Lucas"

He must be happy. He has everything he needs, loving parents and two loving brothers. "They are even happier now since Jasmine is pregnant with twins"

Jasmine? Is his girlfriend? Or is it his wife? "Jasmine?" "Lucas's wife, they have a girl and now she is pregnant with their twins and Oliver got married last year"

I sighed in relief. Wait, what? Was I just worried about him being married or having a girlfriend? Uh, what is wrong with me?!

"You are so lucky" "And why that?" He asked while smiling. "You have loving parents, two loving brothers, and even niece and sisters. You must be happy, no problems, never lost someone special or anything"

I said while looking outside. I turned to look at his direction "Anthony?" I waved my hands in front of his face. "Y-Yeah?" What happened to him suddenly?

"Did you see a ghost or something?" I said while chuckling. He shook his head and stood up. "I must go back now, remember to come to my office tomorrow at 4 pm and if you want I can drop you at the penthouse"

I stood up and shook my head. He smiled and waved bye, what happened to him suddenly?

Did I say something wrong? Did I go over the line? I sighed and took my purse. I left the café and went to the bus stop.

I went back to Mia's apartment and saw her sleeping peacefully in Edward's arms. He saw me and smiled.

I sat down and he looked at me, "What?" "Why do you look so disappointed?" He asked with a smirk on his face.