36

He suddenly smiled and looked at her happily. "What are you doing here? When did you come back from Australia?"

"I came back two days ago, I went to your house but your parents told me that you are living on your own," She said while looking at him happily.

Can't they see me here, am I invisible to them right now or what? I fake coughed and they both looked at me. "Carey, meet Zoya, Zoya meet Carey, my childhood friend"

Childhood friend my ass. I fake smiled and took my hand forward to shake, she happily shook her hand with mine. "Nice to meet you Carey" "Same to you"

She looked at Anthony and smiled before saying, "I need to go now, let's catch up some time" "Sure, see you" She hugged him before walking away.

I kept looking at her with a glare. "Let's go," He said while holding my hand. "Zoya?" I looked at him and smiled "What?" He looked at the direction I was looking at.

"Are you jealous?" I looked at him and saw him smirking down at me. I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest. "Jealous? Me? Dream on Anthony Lopez" He chuckled and grabbed my hand.

"Come on" We started to walk towards the meeting room. He opened the door and I stepped in. There was a long table in the middle and at the end of the table, there was a chair, which I think is Anthony's seat.

Everyone who was in the room stood up when they saw us, "Welcome back Mr. Lopez" He didn't answer them and took me with him at the end of the table.

He sat down and I sat beside him, "Let's begin" he said coldly while opening the folder. Why am I here? I sighed and looked at the screen.

"Are all the things here?" Anthony asked still looking at the file. "Yes, sir almost everything is here, there are some medicines and machines which are on the way"

He closed the folder and looked up, "As I said before the hospital was built, Dr. Daniel, Dr. Harold, and Dr. Edgar will be head doctors here. A few junior doctors will be starting here, and I don't need to tell you how it works since all of you know it"

I sighed and stood up, he looked at me confused, "It's boring here, I'll look around the hospital" "Okay, I'll call you when I'm finished" I was going to walk away when he grabbed my wrist.

He looked at me and sighed, I didn't want to do it here, but I know he won't let me go if I didn't. I pecked his check instead and walked away while blushing.

I looked around the hospital, liking everything here. It was a comfortable place for the children. There was a playroom, canteen, and everything else.

I was walking around looking when I suddenly bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry," I said while looking at the person. "Jason!" "Zoya!" We said at the same time.

"Uh, my god!" I hugged him tightly while he did the same. "It's been long," He said when we pulled away. I smiled while looking at him, "How are you?" "I'm good"

I looked at him up and down, "I see, you've become a doctor. What happened to 'I want to be cook' uh?" He smiled while scratching the back of his neck.

"Well, I changed my mind... Anyway, enough about me, how about you? Are you still single" I was going to answer him when I was cut by a voice.

"No, she's not" I looked behind me and saw Anthony looking at us with a glare with his hands in his pockets. He walked towards us and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Mr. Lopez, you are here" "Dr. Jason, so you are one of the new doctor's here" Jason nodded while smiling. "And how do you both know each other?"

"Since middle school, and when I went to Australia we lost contact," I said while looking at Anthony. He didn't even look at me, he kept looking at Jason but with a death glare.