14

ANTHONY LOPEZ
I was at work but I couldn't concentrate. I couldn't stop thinking about her soft lips on mine, I felt like they were the perfect match for me.

"Sir?" "What?" "We need you" I stood up and took my white coat on. I went down and saw there were many patients.

I started to help out, "Don't touch me!" I turned around and saw a man. What hell is going on? I walked up to the nurse and looked at the man.

"What is going on?" "D-Doctor, please help me," He said while crying and went on his knees. "Stand up," I said and held his arm but he yelped out in pain.

"N-No don't touch me" "Are your arms hurt?" "N-No, my whole body is... I-I have CRPS, doctor please safe me"

(CRPS, Complex regional pain syndrome is a chronic (lasting greater than six months) pain condition that most often affects one limb (arm, leg, hand, or foot) usually after an injury. CRPS is believed to be caused by damage to, or malfunction of, the peripheral and central nervous systems. The central nervous system is composed of the brain and spinal cord; the peripheral nervous system involves nerve signaling from the brain and spinal cord to the rest of the body.)

"AHH!" I heard people screaming. I turned around and saw a woman with a boy, his arm was bleeding and he had a piece of glass in his arm.

"S-Someone help my son," She said while crying. I looked at them and saw the boy taking the glass out from his arm. "I'm okay now, let's go"

"Wait" I walked towards him and stood in front of him. I held his arm and presses on his injured arm. I looked at expression but there was nothing. "Dr. Harold" "Yes?" "Have is bed ready" "Yes"

I cleaned his wound and was gonna stitch it up when the nurse stopped me, "Dr. he isn't under local anesthesia" "He doesn't need it" I said and began to stitch his wound.

"Boy, why did you do it? So you can prove your illness?" "H-How did you know Dr. Lopez?" The mother asked me shocked and happy that I knew the answer.

"Cut" "His brother got beaten up by his friends, so he ran outside and told them to beat him up instead since he feels no pain. But they didn't believe him, so he cut himself"

"Mom" "He's the best doctor, he might be able to treat you" "Forget it, I'm not going to get treated, we were told that it's incurable"

"Check if he can sense temperature and get ready to check his symptoms, and check for secondary symptoms die to analgesia and anhidrosis" "Dr. Lopez that can't be"

"I'm sure it is" "That's a 0,0000001 probability and there aren't that many materials about it either. No one in our country has ever been diagnosed, no I think there was one"

"Cut... He can get cut, get stitches without anesthetics, break his bones, and rupture his organs but he still won't feel any pain. It's a congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis. He's a CIPA patient"

(CIPA, Congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis has two characteristic features: the inability to feel pain and temperature, and decreased or absent sweating (anhidrosis). This condition is also known as hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type IV. An inability to feel pain and temperature often leads to repeated severe injuries. Unintentional self-injury is common in people with CIPA, typically by biting the tongue, lips, or fingers, which may lead to spontaneous amputation of the affected area. Also, people with CIPA heal slowly from skin and bone injuries. Repeated trauma can lead to chronic bone infections (osteomyelitis) or a condition called Charcot joints, in which the bones and tissue surrounding joints are destroyed)

After stitching his wound up, I hurried to the meeting room with Dr. Harold, Dr. Daniel, and the nurses.

"I'm going to make to teams, Dr. Harlod, nurse Sofia and nurse Kasper, you're in charge of Noah Smith the CIPA patient" "Yes doctor"