10

I slowly opened my eyes and sat up. I hissed in pain as I sat up, I slowly stood up and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself and tears started to form in my eyes.

I touched the side of lip and hissed in pain, then I looked at my arms and tears started to roll down my cheeks. I took my blouse up and looked at all the new and fresh marks.

I washed my face and took a bath. Then I changed into something comfortable and decided to go to work.

When I arrived at work I went straight to the changing room and changed to work clothes. After changing I went to work, I took orders and cleaned tables after.

"One black coffee" I didn't look at the person and made on black coffee. I handed the coffee to the person and took the payment.

I took the orders from others and told them to Jones who made the order ready. I took the orders and went to the tables to give the customers their drinks.

After what seemed like forever, it was lunch break. I sat down and laid my head on the table while sighing. "Zoya, aren't you gonna eat?" "I'm not hungry" I whispered while closing my eyes.

I just want to close my eyes and not wake up. After the lunch break, I went back to work, I stood at the counter taking orders.

"One black coffee" I nodded and made the black coffee for the customer. "That will be 15 $" He handed me the money and I gave him the exchange.

"Sweetie pie?" I looked up and saw Anthy. I ignored him and went back to work. "Did you just ignore me?" I ignored him once again and went to clean the tables.

I started cleaning the tables when I saw him seating down by one of them. I sighed and ignored him, I kept taking orders and cleaning the table with the help of the others.

"One black coffee" I heard him say while raising his hand. He has been here for the past 2 hours, and he has drunken 4 cups of coffee. I sighed and made his coffee.

I took the cup and walked up to him, I put the coffee in front of him and looked straight at him. "Why are you still here?" "So you finally noticed me"

I sighed and took a deep breath. "You didn't answer my question" He looked at me and there was something in his eyes which I couldn't get.

"Why did you ignore me this whole time?" "I asked first" "Doesn't matter who asked first" "Good, because it doesn't matter if I answer," I said and was gonna walk away when he grabbed me by my wrist.

I wanted to cry out in pain but I held it. "Let go of me" "Why are you ignoring me?" "I said let go of me," I said a little louder while trying to get my wrist away from his wrist.

He held me tighter, which hurt a lot. "First answer my question" "Look I don't want to talk to you, and that's it" "Why?" Why does he keep asking questions?

"Anthony, let go of me!" I shouted at but it didn't work. He pulled me closer to him and held me by my arms. "Answer me Zoya, why are you ignoring me?!"

I flinched when he shouted at me, I hate it. I hate it, I hate when people shout at me. I started to tear up, "Tell me Zoya! Why?!" He shouted while his grip around my arms tightened.

"P-Please, d-don't h-hurt me," I said letting my tears out. He looked at me and his eyes suddenly softened. "P-Please, d-don't," I said while covering my eyes with my hands.

I suddenly felt someone wrapping their arms around me. "Sh, I won't hurt you, I can't even think about hurting you" He whispered while hugging me tighter.

I let my tears out and kept crying. After so long, I felt safe, I felt safe in his arms. I felt warm and safe in his arms, I felt loved which I haven't since Abu left.