6

"Where have you two been?" I asked them while walking downstairs. They both looked at me and didn't say anything. I'm glad I cleaned everything in my room when I heard the front door open. "I asked you both something?"

I walked up to them and that's when it hit me. I could smell alcohol from them, "Did you both drink?" Nadia looked away not wanting to meet my eyes.

"Aayan, you too? I thought you were more understanding then Nadia" "Baji, I-I was with friends and it just happened," He said while looking away.

I sighed and took a deep breath, "Both of go and take a shower, right now" I said while looking at them. They didn't move and kept standing there, "Baji, are you angry?"

"No, I'm so happy, I'm happy that you both went to drink. Go and fresh up, I will prepare dinner" Aayan was gonna say something, but I walked away before he could.

I was making dinner for them while thinking about earlier. When I was finished making dinner I put it on the dining table and started to make something to drink.

"Baji, sorry... Please don't be angry" I heard Aayan from behind. I ignored him and kept doing my work. When everything was on the dining, I got the tray ready for Abu.

"Baji, I'm sorry. Please don't be angry" I sighed and turned around. I saw them both holding their ears in their hands. I chuckled remembering our childhood memories.

"Don't you dare do it again, okay?" They both nodded and sat down to eat. I made Abu's tea and put it on the tray.

I sat down and looked at them "I need to find a new job" They both looked at me shocked and confused. "My shop is closing down, and for the next few days eat dinner without me"

"But why is your shop closing?" "Someone bought the area, but don't worry I'll find out something" They both nodded and went back to their dinner.

I stood up and took the trey, I went up to abu's room and opened the door. "Abu dinner is here," I said while walking in. I looked around and didn't see him in his room.

I knocked on the door to the bathroom, but no answer. I slightly held the doorknob and the door was open, I walked in and no one was there. I got worried and started to panic.

Where did he go?! I went downstairs and started to look around for him, "Baji, what's wrong?" "A-Aayan, Abu isn't in his room and he is nowhere to be seen"

I walked away and went to the garden but he wasn't there. "Baji, listen" "N-No, I need to find him... Wait, did he go to the hospital? Is he with his friends? Did he go out for a walk? But he never does that, he always tells me before going somewhere. Aayan, did he go out-"

"ZOYA! LISTEN!" He shouted while holding me tightly by my arms. "He is gone! He. Is. Gone. And he won't return! He is dead baji, he is dea-" *SLAP* Before he could finish his sentence I shut him up.

I stood there for a while when I realized what I did. I wanted to cry so badly, but I held my tears back and went up to my room. I locked the door and slide down.

I started to cry while hugging myself. What has gotten into me? He left me, I'm alone. He won't return, he won't return, he won't come back.

After what felt like hours I finally decided to go out of my room. I went downstairs and the lights were off, the dining table was clean and the dishes were cleaned.

I stood there for a while and looked around, everything reminds me of Abu, everything in this house. I went upstairs and went to his room.

I looked at the tray which I had taken her before, I looked around and my eyes started to get teary. "W-Why did you have to leave me?" I whispered while sniffing.

The door to the room opened and I say Aayan walking in. He looked at me and stopped, "A-Aayan?" He smiled weakly and walked up to me. He sat down beside me while sighing.

"I'm sorry about earlier" I shook my head and brought my knees up to my chest. "No, I should be sorry... Did it hurt?" I said while facing him and caressing his cheek.

He chuckled and shook his head, "You know it's the first time in our whole life that you slapped me" He said while smiling. I looked at him with a little smile and nodded.

"It is... Why are you still awake?" "I was sleeping but I heard your footsteps and wanted to say sorry," He said while rubbing his eyes.

"Go to sleep... It's late" He nodded and left to sleep. I sat there for a few hours, just looking at the picture of our family which was on the wall.

NEXT DAY
I woke up and got ready for work. I made breakfast and put it on the dining table before leaving for work. I opened the shop and walked in.

I started to pack everything and waited for the delivery man. I had to deliver these dresses to another shop so it won't go to waste. I told the others not to come and that they should instead look for another job.

When the delivery man arrived, I helped him with the dresses. "Beautiful, give me your phone number" I turned around and saw him looking at me with a smirk.

"You wish," I said coldly and went back in. The delivery guy drove to his destination and I started to clean everything inside. I washed the floor, the window, and the doors.

After washing everything, I threw the sofa and the chairs with Aayan and Nadia's help. They both came to me after college and university.

"Baji, what are you gonna do now?" "I don't know, I'll look for another job," I said while throwing the chairs I was holding. Aayan went to meet his friends since he had a plan with them.

Nadia stayed behind to help since she didn't want to be home alone. "Baji, do know what ami has been doing these days?" I sighed and nodded. We both walked in and sat on the ground.

I drank water from the water bottle and looked at the roof. "I don't know what to say, and I won't say anything" She was gonna say something but when I looked at her she knew not to say anything.

Her phone started to ring and when she saw looked at the caller id, I saw who was calling. "My honey? Who is that?" She blushed and looked away.

"J-Just a friend" She answered the phone and looked at me. I nodded and she happily stood up and left. I was left alone once again.

I sighed and stood up. I looked around the shop, checking if everything was done. When I was sure that everything was clean and done I closed the shop and went to look for a job.

After hours I finally got a job at a coffee shop. I didn't want to work in a coffee shop, but this was my only way till I find another shop to work.

When I arrived home I once again heard the noises. I sighed and walked out of the house. I went to the park and sat under the tree.

I started to draw the dress I was drawing. After 3 hours I decided to go home. When I arrived home I saw ami and a guy eating each other's faces.

When they heard me, they turned around to look at me. "Why are you so late?!" She shouted at me. I ignored her and was gonna walk upstairs when she stopped me.

"Wait, come here!" I looked at her, not wanting to listen to her but I did. I walked up to her and she stood up, "Be here till I'm finished with shower" "But-" She didn't listen to me and walked upstairs to her room.

That guy looked at me up and down with a smirk on his face. I was gonna walk away when he grabbed my wrist hardly, "L-Let go of me!" I said trying to pull my wrist away from his grip.

"I paid your mother so that I could have fun with you... Don't worry it will be fun" He said while trying to kiss me. I tried to push him away but he was too strong.

"Trying to play hard, I see" He grabbed me hard and pushed me on the sofa, he hovered over me and tried to take my hijab off.

Before he could I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. I ran up to my room and locked the door. I started to cry feeling disgusting, I went to my makeup table and took a wet wipe.

I started to wipe myself while crying. I looked at the open drawer and saw the blate. Yes, that's the only way. I took the blade and looked at the door.

It's the only way!