52'

NOT EDITED.

"Ahh..." Nana clenched her teeth as she held her head tightly, wanting the voices and images to leave her head but they ain't leaving and her head started to ache really badly which made her shout and got Zayn's attention as he finished settling Khumais in his bed.

"What's wrong, mami?" He yelled, running to her rescue as she's about to hit her head on the head on the island. He left her perfectly okay as she insist on finishing the food only to be back because of her cry of anguish which tugged at his heart.

"The im-imag-es.." She manage to sputter as he took her bridal style to the couch. He stilled and tended when she said the images, it's time for everything to come to an end then.

"What about it?" He curiously asked, even though he knew what is happening, he wants to be hundred percent sure she's regained everything before calling his mother in-law for help. He can't do that alone. Seeing his wife in pain, he can't even look at her as she grimaced, tightening her hold on her head.

"They're cl-clear and I-I ca-can see every everything cle-clearly." She stuttered, shutting her eyes as tears stream down her cheeks, thinking hard about it. Was that her life?!

"Baby, stop thinking hard about it. Close your eyes and sleep, I don't want to lose you. Please sleep, love." Zayn's voice trembled, blinking his eyes not to cry before hastily checking his sweatpants pocket for his phone to call his mother in-law.

"I can't, Za-zayn. My life was so messed up! H-help me, it hu-hurts so muchh." She kept yelling at him to help the pain subside like a woman in labour.

"Sleep, baby. Try and remove everything from your head and concentrate on my lips hmm? You can try to sleep whilst doing so." He mumbled, smashing his lips on her with his heart in pain. Seeing her like this did nothing but brought immense pain to his heart.

"Mmm.." Nana answered with a moan and concentrate on her husbands lips as she coil herself in a ball in his arms. Some minutes later, she felt her eyes heavy but the headache is still there without the images and voices. His lips did magic to hers and that made everything that was stucked in her head to vanish into the thin air, leaving her breathless and so hot. Even with her condition, she is still hot for this man and can't wait for everything to be explained so they could complete their mating process, damn she needs him.

Nana stopped responding to his hot kiss and he knew she's fallen asleep in his arms like he asked her to. He rests his forehead on hers, forgetting about calling his mother in-law. He's too disturbed and felt the pain she's feeling like his own. Everything will be out in the open and their journey of memories will end soon and he hopes in a good lane. He press kisses on her temple, forehead, cheeks and nose before lightly pecking her face. His beautiful wife should not go through this, maybe he should but not his wife. God, it hurts like hell. Before he knew it, tears are already streaming down his cheek and be shit his eyes shut, wanting to stop them but that's not in his power.

He brought out his phone to call his mother in-law. She picked the call after the third ring. After exchanging pleasantries with her, he broke the egg and ask her to come immediately and maybe with a doctor if he'd needed. He added a maxi white dress on top of her leggings and body hug in case if the doctor is coming and male. No one should see his wife like that. He added another dove hijab around her head before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead, just then the doorbell rang.

"What happened?" His mother in-law asked, looking at her daughter lying almost lifelessly on the couch with her head in her husband's laps.

"Her memories are back!" Zayn doesn't know whether he should be enthusiastic about it or sad because of how much he could see her suffering behind her closed lids. He could feel the pain radiating off of her in waves.

"Oh my God!" Hajiya Salamatu sat down on the opposite sofa looking at her daughter like she doesn't know what to do which she does not.

After what felt like forever with the duo looking at Nana breath evenly, Hajiya Salamatu finally brought out her phone and started calling someone who didn't pick up at the first ring but the second one, he saw Hajiya Salamatu almost trembling in fear, she couldn't utter a word till after taking deep breaths and even out her breathing and clearing her throat to get the words to spill out from her mouth.

"Her memories are back, come to her house." She said into the phone and hang up so Zayn took guesses and stopped at Alhaji Talib since she can't just call Fahad and ask him to come.

"What should we do?" Zayn asked in a dejected voice even though he was the one who was supposed to be strong and stand like the pillar he should be, he's breaking and he didn't hide it.

"We should wait for her father." Hajiya Salamatu sighed and closed her eyes, this is going to be hard, harder than she thought.

"I'm scared." He voiced out, looking down at Nana who looks super calm but still has frown line etched on her forehead and lips.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine inshaa'Allah." She knew that deep down they are in for a very long and bumpy ride with her memories back but she can't just tell him that they'll have problem, that is not what he needs.

"I hope so!" He sighed and threw his head back on the couch headrest.

They sat silently waiting for Alhaji Talib to walk in through the closed doors and announce whatever step it is that they should take, whatever risk it is that should be taken. Zayn doesn't even know where to start so it's safer to wait for her father to come and announce the next step, he can't do that because he feels like he knows nothing about it when in reality, he was filled with everything before they got married. Love is something stupid, it makes people so weak that they can't even think straight if the person they loved is in pain and he hates that he can't do a thing about it.

"I think we should take her to the hospital." Her mother suggested after some minutes of silence.

"Assalamu Alaikum!" Alhaji Talib's voice stopped Zayn from replying with a positive answer. He kept quite and answered his taslim before Hajiya Salamatu told him what she'd suggested just before he walked in.

"That's the best idea. Let's go, I'll be in the car." He said to them and walked out of the house.

"Get her hijab, I'll be with her." Hajiya Salamatu ordered and sat down next to her daughter.

Zayn briskly brought out her hijab and walked back out, he wrestled her into it before picking her up in his arms and walked out. He sat down with her at the backseat while his father in-law drive them to the hospital. Zayn looks entranced and didn't even know when they reached the hospital.

Two hours later, Nana woke up with sweat barring her forehead and that woke Zayn up since it was almost midnight. He was about to bolt out of the room to get a doctor, her doctor but the shrilling, piercing and loud cry she released made him sit back in the chair like a paralysed man. He just kept stating at her till she calmed down but her breathing didn't, it kept increasing with each passing second so he stood up and ran for her doctor who also had to run to Nana.

"The memories are very deep and heartbreaking, it's taking a toll on her." The doctor explained with a sigh when he asked a nurse to sedate her so she could go back to another deep sleep.

"How bad?" Zayn hesitantly asked, his attention focused solely on her.

"Tremendously bad!" The doctor shook his head, something terrible had happened since she is still getting the flashes and crying because of them.

"Thanks, doc." He whispered and sat back down on the uncomfortable

This is hard! Harder than he'd ever thought. What happened to her that made her look so out of it and is still having nightmare about it. He just hoped that everything will be over soon, he can't keep seeing her like this or he'd also lost his senses. How he wished he could take away all the pain. How he wished he didn't push her into remembering those memories! If not for Khumais, he wouldn't want her to remember a thing about it.

He kept looking at her but she didn't wake up for the next two days, not even her thumb moved. She was still and the doctor confirmed that she went back into the memory lane and if by any chance she wants to give up her life, she would but if she has something goof to come back to, she would come back.