56'

Not edited.

Nana curled herself up in a ball and cried her eyes out when Isuhu raped her just a few minutes ago before going out of the room and to his gambling and smoking place. He is using the money her parents are sending to her since he has her credit card with him. He gets any amount he wants and go to the gambling place where everyone around the street will see him and some will even curse him because the name of his family is a big one. Everyone around Zaria knew the name since their great grandfather was once a King in Zaria. The Magama's family was once a name to be proud of but not anymore.
The women in the family changed the whole house since they are no other males in the house and Isuhu is the oldest. When the oldest is as useless as an unborn baby, there is nothing important that could come out of it. He'd gamble, smoke and then come back to rape his wives before moving on to talking back and forth with his mother.

"Subhan'Allah! Wear this and go take a hot bathe. I heard your screams so I decided to put hot water for you in the general pot. You can go have bathe now, stop crying please." Maajida hysterically mumbled around, taking a long maxi dress and passing it to her.

When Nana didn't bother taking the dress and she's still naked, Maajida helped her wrestle into it and accompany her to the bathroom. She pushed her gently inside before keeping a wrapper by the door for her and then walking back to her room to make something nice for her. She saw the jar of coffee and milk and decided to make something creamy for her. She sent a small girl to buy bread, the softest one with her money and then kept the huge cups of creamy coffee by the side to get Nana from the bathroom.

"Stop crying now! Don't let them see you in tears because trust me, they'll mock you instead of helping you. Be that brave girl I know." Maajida continue to encourage her all the way back to her bedroom.

Nana would've bothered about coming out with only a wrapper, the dress draped around her shoulder and her little more than shoulder length black hair went down to her back, she didn't care today. She'd never come out of the bathroom without a hijab around her body but today, if not for Maajida, she wouldn't even bother draping the maxi dress around her shoulders.

"I made you the best coffee I can since I don't know how you guys do it but from the instructions, I think this is it. It can't be that bad!" She mumbled the last sentence to herself before settling Nana on the bed, she could see so many purple marks around her body with handprints.

"It won't be." Nana's first words came with a small smile which brought a huger one to Maajida's face.

"I know right, I'm Jumaimah after all. I know everything, now take a sip and tell me what you think." Maajida sat herself down beside Nana after bringing out an ankle length Burgundy dress with black leggings.

"This is perfect, you can do it more than I can." Nana praised and she's right. It's not like she knows how to cook but when it comes to small things like tea, coffee, sandwich and toasts, she can do those but No cooking in her list.

"What do you mean by Jumaimah? Isn't that a woman companion?" Nana pursed her lips together, looking at Khattume -the girl Maajida sent to buy bread- as she walked in with two small breads in her hand with twenty naira change.

"My real name is Jumaimah." Maajida shyly answered, collecting the bread and asking the girl to hold the change.

"No, she should take ten naira and come back for ten naira tomorrow. She's just five and giving her so much money is not good." Nana reasoned out with Maajida who agreed and took ten naira from the girl.