MYSTIQUE

"You said you were going to be gone for an hour and you were out for over two." Says Roberts opening my car door before I could even turn off the ignition.

  "Chill out! What's wrong with you males being in a rush all of a sudden. You knew bout who I was going to see and you should have known one hour wouldn't be enough for a meet and greet." I reply him rolling my eyes and alighting from the car.

  "So how was he? Where his pictures edited or what?" Asks Roberts sincerely curious.

  "Well he was real cute. Cuter than his pictures. He is the same guy I've been chatting with for months so I've gotten to know him to a large extent. He is who he said he was." I inform him with a smile.

  "Just remember he is 21 and way below you." Roberts remind me.

  "We were that age once and being 21 isn't a crime. As for being below me, I don't get your drift. Are you trying to insinuate that this is a food chain and I am supposed to prey on his kind to survive?" I ask him trying to get his bias point of view.

  "That's not what I meant and you know it. In a relationship like this you have everything to lose. You have the name and the fame along with the money while he had nothing. You need to be careful in dealing with him."

  "Seriously? You just said that? If the situation was reversed and I was the younger one with no money would you be giving this speech to him? Its real shallow of you to think that because he is poor he has nothing to lose. You need to lose that mindset fast if you are going to continue in your line of business. A lot of people don't know about the Grand because you have failed to provide services for everyone." I inform him condescendingly.

  "There is no way I can lower the cost of the rooms just so the poor people can afford the have accommodations here. We have a standard and that standard must be maintained." He replies me with a haughty stance.

  "I advice you let go of that superior attitude of yours until the Grand is back to being successful. If people cannot afford the rooms here then they should be able to afford the food served at your restaurants and the drinks at your bars. You want to uphold the standard of the hotel then do that by doing a few good deeds." I say as an advice to him.

  "And what is that supposed to mean?" He asks walking alongside me.

  "You'll find out as we progress with making your hotel flourish. First thing first, considering the rooms are really top notch I suggest you don't slash the prices like you wanted to. There is no need to cheapen the place just to get customers that would enjoy the top quality services you are rendering. Instead make a price slash for packaged deals. Like a percentage off for renting more than one room or for extended periods of stay. It would be also more appealing to add breakfast for free for every room rented." I say.

  "We already offer breakfast." He informs me.

  "Then let them know that! Because people haven't heard of the Grand and their services yet."

  "So how do I get the money for target ads? In case you don't know I'm broke." He tells me looking flustered.

  "We have gone pass the era of television and radio ads. You need to come online and grab clients in dozens. First thing we need to do is open you social media handles. Then I will get a few social media influencers to publicize you on the gram and viola just like magic you will be out there for free."

  "Wish it was that easy!" He says doubtful.

  "Well Mr doubting Thomas if you didn't believe in me why did you beg me to come help you out?" I ask him smiling.

  "You're the only celebrity friend I have and know." He says honestly.Hahahahahahah! I laugh.

  "Well I'm the only one you are going to need. But you need to know that I'm not one of the big fishes swimming the Niaja scene but I know how to dope up a boring scene. So please shut up when I'm giving you expert advice. You tried on your own and had to call me the big guns." I remind him.

  "Okay! I'm zipping my mouth shut." He informs me using his hands to immitate a zipper on his lips.

  We get to his office and get started on opening of the social media handles. Facebook, twitter and Instagram. I quickly follow the Grand hotel and give out a shout out which had hundreds of people following them within hours.

  Next we started uploading pictures of the rooms and tipping about the services, location and how to book your rooms online.

  We spent hours on the pages and before I know its past ten at night and being so busy I had lost all track of time and hadn't even bothered to eat dinner. Although we both looked worn out and tired we had started a tread on social media that had inturn started a buzz.

  In the course of focusing on work I had neglected to call Prince like I promised and was in no mood to chat him up this late. So after getting a late dinner from the kitchen I go to my room and doze off to sleep without taking a bath or removing my clothes.