PRINCE

"For myself I would have a plate of jollofrice, 1 piece of chicken and a piece of turkey and a can of monster drink. Then for my girlfriend a plate of fried rice, two pieces of turkey and a litre pack of chi exotic pineapple and coconut."

  I don't pay attention to the orders of the others choosing to reply some of my messages before Mystique comes from the restroom.

  "How did you end up dating a girl like that?" Asks Mirabel.

  "What's wrong with a girl like her?" I ask her defensively.

  "I didn't mean anything bad. She just looks like someone who doesn't exactly fit in with our scene." She says hastely making Chris laugh.

  "And that's a bad thing how?" I ask trying to be calm.

  "She looks older than you and there is something off about her. I just feel she is pretending to be someone she isn't." Says Mirabel obviously not knowing  that her words was making me want to snap her neck.

  "Mirabel it would be best if you just shut up. Especially seeing as you are speaking on something you know nothing about." Says Chris observing my mood.

  "No let her express herself. I would like to know what she means by that." Says Mystique taking the vacant seat by me.

  I look at her expecting she would be angry but she has a smile pasted on her face. That is her business smile and I know that underneath the fake smile she is very angry.

"Mystique I really didn't mean to put you down. You just don't look like you fit well. Its like you are trying to blend in but you are standing out like a sore thumb." She says still ignorant of the tension raising in the table.

  I look at Chris and I'm so mad at him for bringing this air head that I'm minutes away from taking a swing at him since I can't beat a girl. He clears his throat to get her attention but she ignores it.

  "Honestly Chris how long have you dated Mirabel?" Ask Mystique calmly.

  "We are not dating." Says Mirabel quickly making me laugh.

  "Oh really?" Says Mystique with a genuine smile making me suspicious.

  "Yes!" Replies Chris looking at her in annoyance.

  "Considering she is not your girlfriend I'm of the opinion that she is replaceable. I would really appreciate if she doesn't step out with us next time." She informs him still smiling making Mirabel gasps.

  "Noted." Says Chris with a sigh.

  "Why? Because I know you're a sham? I know your type Mystique. One rich sugar daddy pays your bills and you date a younger guy to fulfill your needs." Says Mirabel shocking Chris and I and making Mystique burst out in laughter.

  "I like that you are smart Mirabel. Who's your dad by the way? I would love to see if he was open for a hookup." Says Mystique further shocking me.

  "My dad wouldn't go for someone like you." Says Mirabel.

  Is this girl dumb or just plain stupid? Does she even know what she's saying and how offensive it really sounds. Who the hell does she even think she is? Chris makes a move to say something but I cut him off.

  "Thank you for your opinion Mirabel but the last ime I checked my life and choices are none of your business. I would advice that you shut up your mouth and only say things you know and understand....." Mystique nods her head negatively to cut me of and it pisses me off some more. How can she just sit there and watch this piece of thrash bash her out and call her a prostitute without any proof.

  The food is brought and Mystique digs in without sparing a glance at any of us. She closed off herself and that means she is in her own bubble right now. Fuck this idiot just ruined my night chance at relaxing.

  Chris looks at me and mutters an apology. He gives Mirabel a very dirty look and then we join Mystique to eat the food that was now Luke warm. No more words were said, we ate in silence and after the meal Mystique pays the bills and we all ply into her car and she drives back to the dorm.

  "I will see you tommorow." She says to me when the others had gotten out.

  "I'm sorry baby. She shouldn't have spoken to you like that and I would have put her in her place if only you let me." I inform her.

  "I'm not bothered about what she said. Far from it. She is too small." Mystique says looking strange.

  I try to persuade her to have a change of mind but she wouldn't change it so we part after a couple of kisses. I was real down when I walked into the dorm and into my room.

  "I'm really sorry bro I didn't expect her to be so stupid." Says Chris apologetically.