PRINCE

I get home and take my bath before going to the kitchen to check for my mum and what's for dinner. Unfortunately for me my mum wasn't there but my poke noser of an elder sister was there preparing dinner.

  "Where's mum?" I ask her not bothering with a greeting because in this household I was the boy and so I assume the role of her dad.

  "She went to grab something. She will be right back, seeing as she's been gone for a while." She responds.

  "Okay!" I reply turning to take my leave and return back to my bedroom.

  "Haba! So you are not going to tell me what happened? Did she show up or what?" She asks me looking for the gist.

  "Yes she showed up." I say with a poker face making her more curious for the gossip. Then I turn to take my leave.

  "Don't be like that na Lucky. You can't just drop a bomb like that and walk away." She says addressing me by my other name.

  Lucky has been the name I went by until I met Mystique. She was quick to inform me that she didn't believe in luck only fortune, so she was adverse to calling me lucky. So I told her my middle name which was Prince and since then she's the only one that calls me that.

  "Be like what? Do you go around telling me about your boyfriends?" I ask her pushing her buttons.

  "I'm not asking that you disclose everything. Just tell me how she looks and if she matched up with your expectations. She's all you've talked about non-stop for months and now she's here and you're all clammed up. It's not fair especially since we were your shoulder to cry on when she didn't show up the previous times she promised." She tells me looking really put down and disappointed.

  "Oh! So she finally made an appearance?" Asks my mum butting into our conversation.

  "Good evening ma!" I turn in her direction and greet her. "Yes she showed up." I tell her.

  "So where is she then. She should join us for dinner so I get to meet her in person and finally thank her for what she's done." My mum says.

  "She is at her hotel. She needs to rest." I inform the both of them.

  "Wait she would be lodging for the two weeks she would be in town? That must cost a fortune? Why didn't you invite her to stay here?" My mum asks bringing out her mothering instincts.

  "Don't worry she can afford it. She told me she had a place to stay when we talked about her visiting initially guess she changed her mind. Now that I think about it, could be she has a house here. Anyway she says she's lodged at the Grand Hotel wherever that is."

  "I know the place. We shot some scenes of a movie there once. The place is dripping expensive and only a few people can afford it." Says Jane my sister looking at me in puzzlement.

  "Like I said chill. She can afford it. Though she appeared chilled and down to earth when she came to see me and even went to the extent to put on real simple denim gown and a super cute and understated high heeled sandals which I know must have cost a fortune. Her Cartier watch,bracelet, customised neck lace and gold earrings as well as her real poshed up Range Rover indicated she is super wealthy. You needed to see her skin and figure. Her pictures and the videos didn't do her any justice. Infact I'm not sure I can keep on dating her because we are just not in the same class at all." I tell them honestly.

  "Interesting! I knew there was something off about her when she would always pull up a no show despite her promise and most times you can't get in touch with her unless its by WhatsApp." Says my sister looking real suspicious.