PRINCE

"WHY are your eyes red?" Asks Marc looking at me critically.

  "Don't know." I answer unsure almost wording it like a question.

  "Where have you been? You are over an hour late." He says sounding annoyed.

  "Take it easy. I'm only human. I needed a break and to refill. I was all burnt out." I reply.

  "Oh so you needed a refill? And what refill did you get cocaine?" He asks suspiciously.

  "You know I don't do that shit. I just got a cold cola and sat down for a while."

  "That doesn't explain why your eyes are red and you look on edge. Anyway go sit down or lie down. With your eyes the way they are right now you would just end up messing up the photos. We might have to do the shoot tommorow." He replies dismissing me.

  "I have to fly out tonight, there is no way I can be here by tommorow." I inform him.

  "Prince you asked for more gigs and I gave them to you. Don't make me regret my decision." He says walking away from me.

  Its Valentine's day tommorow and I was hoping on catching Mystique in Lagos so we could spend sometime together. The last time I saw her was before Christmas when I spent the week with her, ever since then she's been real busy with work and I with school and modelling. Yes I asked for more gigs but it was so I get more money and put my plans in motion.Now things where no longer going according to plan.

  Again I try Mystique and she doesn't pick up. I've been calling her all day and she hasn't answered. It's so unlike her. I decide to call Chris instead.

  "Guy what's up?" I ask when he picks his call.

  "I'm good! How was the shoot?" He asks.

  "I'm so tired right now and burnt out. Marc is pushing the final shoots until tomorrow. Something about my eyes being red and ruining the photos." I tell him.

  "Why was your eyes red?" He asks concerned.

  "I don't know, must be stress. Do you know he accused me of doing drugs?" I ask him still surprised he would even think of such.

  "So what are your plans going to be now that you are being delayed?" He asks me.

  "I would still be in Lagos tommorow but it would be later than I expected. Any update from school I need to be aware of?" I ask him.

  "You have an assignment from one of your classes but I could easily help you with that. I also confirmed that there will be tests next week so don't take any jobs then." He informs me.

  "Okay! Thanks bro you are a life saver. I've been trying to call Mystique and she is not responding. I have to make sure she will still be in Lagos tomorrow for the surprise to work."

  "Be careful with how you enquire so she doesn't become suspicious though." He responds.

  "Right now I don't care if she gets suspicious. I miss her so bad and would love to spend some time with her. How is the other project coming along?" I ask him heading back to my hotel room to try and catch a nap.

  "They have a buyer already. If everything goes right then we should get our money and profit at the end of the month." He assures me.

  "Okay bro take care of yourself, I'm going to catch some sleep right now. See if I can get Marc to agree to an early shoot."

  I dial Mystique one more time and she still doesn't pick up so I go to sleep with different scenarios floating around d my head.

  I'm woken up by the buzzing of my phone and I pick it up when I see its Marc.