VINCE

Its my party today and Vicky has come to play the perfect girlfriend role. I haven't seen or heard from her in over three weeks and she just shows up at the hotel controlling the staffs and everyone else like they are her servants.

  "You have to stop shouting at everyone, you are making yourself look bad. Besides you are not the only guest in the hotel." I tell her distancing myself from her and stepping on a maid as I do.

  "I'm sorry Maddy. I didn't see you there." I say apologetically.

  "Its no problem Vince." She replies trying to scramble away from me still on her knees.

  "What did she just call you?" Asks Vicky.

  "Forget what she called me. I asked everyone to call me Vince." I inform her.

  "And you think that is proper? It will lead to gross disrespect. I won't allow it." She says trying to confront the maid and making a big scene.

  "What exactly is happening here?" Asks Mystique appearing on Maddy's side and giving her a hand up.

  "Nothing that should concern you obviously!" Say Vicky still glaring at the maid.

  "I was talking to you Maddy. We have the press around so please act like you were trained. I take it that there was an accident but you should be back to your feet immediately especially if you were not seriously injured. Now go do your chores before Roberts comes for your head." Says Mystique making Maddy run off and going on her way without a backwards glance.

  "Who does she think she is?" Asks Vicky raising her voice.

  "She is the one person you don't want to get angry. She's the most important person here and she gets treated like royalty." I inform her harshly.

  "You are the son of the governor that should count as something. She wasn't supposed to intrude in our conversation like that." She says grumbling obviously angry that someone made her look bad.

  "When Mystique is involved my father's office doesnt matter. Stay away from her. She is a people's favourite plus she is very smart." I tell her pressing the call button for the elevator.

  When the elevator arrives Mystique joins us at the last minute and smiles at us. Vicky ignores her while I strike a convo.

  "What are you getting me for my birthday" I ask her with a smirk.

  "What do you want?" She asks smiling.

  "Meet my dad. There's a banquet next month be our guest." I request really needing her to meet my dad and share her ideas with him.

  "Next month is too far for me to make any commitments. Make another request." She says.

  "Surprise me." I tell her with a wink.

  "I might just get you a kitten." She says teasing.

  Before I can respond the elevator stops at the presidential suite and she goes to her door while I drag Vicky to mine. I open the door to my suite and we both go in.

  "I was right there and you were flirting with her. Right under my nose!" She says angrily.

  "You have nothing to worry about she has a boyfriend and she doesn't have eye for any other guy." I tell her.

  "So if she didn't have a boyfriend you would have slept with her?" She asks slapping me.

  "I wouldn't have just slept with her because she is more than that. She is not the type of girl that would leave her boyfriend for weeks and then show up like the queen of the coast." I tell her.

  "I wouldn't have to disappear for periods of time if you treated me right. All you do is complain about the way I act and behave." She says.

  "As much as I've complained you still haven't made any move to change. This should be the last time you slap me. I'm done being quiet while you misbehave."

She ignores me for the rest of the afternoon until its time for her to get ready for the party. By 8 we were both ready to head down to the club. As we move towards the elevator I see a couple making out while waiting for the elevator.

  The couple break apart when I cough and I get a real pleasant surprise.

  "Mystique!" I exclaim in surprise and take a good look at her.

  She is dressed in a short red and black dress with red heels and she's looking like a seductress with her bold makeup. She looked breathe taking and I must confess that I was lost in the sight of her until Vicky pinches me.

  "She is stunning isn't she?" Asks Prince with a smirk and catching me in the act of checking out his girlfriend.

  "Yes she is. She is like a mirage right now and I doubt any red blooded male or female can avert their gaze when she enters the room." I inform him not bothering to hide my admiration.

"I know. She's like the moon. I don't have a problem with stares as long as only my hands gets to make contact with her skin." He says yanking her closer to him.

  I get a grip on myself and decide to introduce Vicky.

  "I respect boundaries. This is my girlfriend Vicky." I say introducing Vicky to them.

  "I'm Prince and the beauty is my girlfriend Mystique." Say Prince shaking her hand.

  "Mystique I've heard so much about you. Maybe we should do lunch sometime." Says Vicky stepping into the elevator.

  Mystique looks at me and smiles.

  "What have you heard exactly?" She asks Vicky.

  "That you're the peoples favourite." Vicky replies.

  "That's a new one. I'm not a politician so I leave that title for the politicians." She replies her.

  "My dad is a commissioner!" Says Vicky beaming.

  "That's good. Too bad I don't like politicians." Replies Mystique exchanging a look with her boyfriend.

  "Mystique I'm expecting that gift. In fact I'm anticipating what its going to be." I tell her with a wink. Prince throws me a threatening look and I smile knowing he is scared I could take her from him making me real happy.

  As the party starts full swing I can't take my eyes away from Mystique. She huddles in a corner with Prince and when she gets on the dance floor he is all over her like white on rice.

  Everything about her captivates me. She doesn't give a care if she is the center of attention, she's just having a great time. I take the time to study her boyfriend. He is handsome no doubt but he is innocent in a way I can't explain. He is no doubt having a good time with his hands all over her.