MYSTIQUE

"Thought you wouldn't show up!" Says Jane smiling at me.

  "I would have actually believed that if I hadn't seen you leave so your brother could hijack me." I whisper hugging her back making her laugh.

  I see their mum and walked up to her greeting her with my knees slightly bent as a sign of respect. She pulls me into a hug.

  "I didn't expect you to be here today." Says Mrs Mayor smiling at me.

  "They've been trying to get me on that podium for a while now. There was no way I could have avoided it further." I tell her making everybody laugh.

  "Mystique! This is my family." Says Chris introducing me to his parents and elder brothers as we exchange handshakes.

  "My dad would really want a meeting with you. He is very interested in doing business with you." Says Chris whispering so only I can hear.

  "As much as I would like to have that meet with him now its not going possible. I promised Prince not to do anymore buisness today. So I will give him my personal number so we set a meeting when its convenient for the both of us." I inform him asking for his phone to enter the contact.

  He goes up to his father and whispers into his ear. They communicate for a few minutes then he enters the contact into his phone.

  "I see you can't stay without doing business." Says Prince whispering into my ear from behind.

   Didn't know he was close by.

  "How did you see that? I thought I was being discreet?" I ask him on a whisper.

  "You actually were. But considering I've got my eyes on you and only you, I see everything you do." He whispers back. 

  "Now that you have made your introduction and greetings we need to talk." Says Jane hooking her arms to mine and leading me to the balcony where I vacated a few minutes with Prince.

  "How have you been?" I ask her knowing what would come up next.

  "I've been great. Have you been avoiding me Mystique?" She asks accusingly.

  "No I haven't. I've just been busy and I wasn't in the country." I inform her.

  "Are you having second thoughts about our business deal?" She asks me looking worried.

  "No I sincerely haven't. I even have some foreign brand that are ready to provide us some exclusive stock for the store. The store is ready as you know, all that's left is to sign the contracts and the goods are brought in."

  "I was scared you had a change of mind. I'm really grateful for this opportunity Mystique and I promise not to misuse it." She says.

  "I know. If we stick to the plan then the store should be exclusively yours in five years time. The contract would be sent to your mail for you to read and sign. Feel free to ask for explanation and expantiation where you need one." I say to her.

  "Baby what's going on?" Asks Prince walking up to us.

  "Nothing! We were just having some girl talk." I say to him while Jane hurries away from the inquisition.

  "You've never been a good liar!" He informs me kissing my forehead.

  "Only when it comes to you boo." I respond so he knows I only let my guard down when he is involved.

  We associate with the others until gradually they all take their leave the three of us alone to clean up after all the eating and drinking. I help with the dish washing and mopping while they swept and took out the trash.