MYSTIQUE

The light streaking through the opened drapes in the window wakes me up from my very restful slumber. Can't remember a time I slept so well without a glitch and no calls interrupting my sleep.

  At that thought I quickly jump up from the bed in search of my phone. Never have I gone to sleep without interrupting calls. I see my phone discarded on the side table and reach for it to find it off. That's strange! My phone never goes off. Can't remember a time I last had low battery. Yes the power situation in the country is terrible but I've got power banks and other means to keep my phone charged at all times.

  I open my luggage and extract my charger then plug my phone to an outlet. People are surprised whenever I tell them that I have just one phone and sim card. They feel its not ideal considering the kind of businesses I do. Well the truth is that I prefer getting mails. They are not intrusive and don't wake me up at night. If anyone can't get a hold of me then they are free to call up my personal assistant.

  I wait patiently until my phone enters the 2 percent mark before I turn on my data. Immediately I do the messages just kept pouring in. I ignore them and walk into the bathroom. My image on the mirror has me laughing lunatically. Its been long I've been this unkept with my makeup breaking and my hair all over the place.

  First I pull off my curly wig, finger comb it and place it neatly on a peg because it had cost me a small fortune. Next I pull off my eyelashes and displace it in the dustbin. I exit the bathroom in search of my makeup box and toiletries. I place the box on the vanity and takeout my makeup removal from my toiletries bag.

  I carefully wipe my face free of makeup then take off my clothes and undies. I brush my teeth, then wash my undies and lay them on the curtain rod in the bathroom to air dry then proceed to take my bath. Since I have my natural hair weaved all back and there is a hair dryer present  I decide to get my weaved hair wet.

  There is no feeling like cool water touching the scalp of your head to  soothe you and wash your worries away. I stay in the shower for long letting the water fall on me from the marvelous shower head and wash the dirt and lather away.

  An hour later I'm through with my hair, dressing and make up. Today I've decided to play it cool and calm. So I've on a white polo roundnecked T-shirt, Ankara shorts and white sneakers. Then for accessories I have on my customized necklace, a white apple wrist watch, and a leg chain. I've folded the hands of the T-shirt a little to add a little swag and my makeup is on a neutral side. While for my hair I'm wearing a black waist length wig packed in a pony tail.

  I unplug my charger from the socket and my phone from the charger holding the charger in my hand and putting the phone in my pocket. I tidy up my room and then lock the door behind myself as I go in search of Roberts who would be at his office.

  "I thought you weren't going to ever get up!" Says Roberts hugging me.

  "If not for the open drapes I wouldn't have. The bed is super comfy I need one in every house I've got and every hotel I lodge." I tell him truthfully.

  "Those beds were done when we still had original things in the country. These days its hard to get good quality of things with the way the economy is and people have become greedy and selfish." He tells me.

  "Its real difficult to get real things these days. Even when you have the means to afford it, you still get sold a fake." I say agreeing with him.

  "My parents have put a lot of sweat and blood into building the Grand Hotel and it would be a real shame if it crumbles completely under my watch. My half brothers Matt and Jeffrey are patiently waiting for me to fail woefully so they can swoop in and buy the hotel from me for peanuts." He says.

  "Then they would have to wait for a long time because its not going to crumble anytime soon. Have you had breakfast yet?" I ask

  "Was waiting for you." He says reaching for the intercom and ordering the both of us some breakfast.

  "We have had some reservations online. As it appears the son of one of the state governors is hosting some of his friends and as soon as he heard you were here he decided to host it here. He claims the both of you have met before. His aide was specific in requesting their rooms to be on the same floor as yours."

  "That's interesting! How many rooms are they reserving?" I inquire.

  "Ten to fifteen. They would get to me later when all their guests have confirmed they would be coming. They have some special requests which might be a bit challenging." He informs me.

  "Requests like?" I ask.

  "They want us to make preparations for three dogs cause obviously the governors son can't travel without them. They also want the floor to themselves if its possible and they need access point for their security personnels." He informs me.

  "How many rooms does the diamond wing have?" I ask.

  "Twelve rooms." He reply.

  "Then place them there. Its has only one exit and is secluded. Since they trust their security team that much then they wouldn't be in need of extra protection. Plus those rooms are big and we could always get an area set up for the dogs both in the room and on the corridors without it affecting other guests." I tell him.

  "I thought about that too but that leaves one problem. You are not in that wing and its their express demand that your room be beside his." He says.

  "Well simply tell them I'm not a dog person. Besides there should be a restriction on the number of rooms dogs are allowed. We don't want dog hair all over the place and the funishures." I tell him as a tray of toasted bread and tea is placed in front of me.

  "Please excuse me." I say to the server. "I don't drink tea, in all honesty I hate it." I tell the wide eyed girl who appears to be very young.

  "I'm sorry Miss, I just thought it was the normal thing to go with toasted bread and so far nobody has complained." She tells me apologetically.

  "Different strokes for different folks. When the guests start arriving please allow them express their best breakfast combination so that you don't end up forcing them to take something they don't want. Take the tea away and get me a bottle of coca cola." I tell her and watch her run away to do my bidding.

  "That was eye opening. Shows we need to add some things to the breakfast menu." Says Roberts being thoughtful and jotting it down.

  "During my travels I usually have a fruit basket for breakfast. You should look into getting one available for your guests on request. Its a bitch keeping the fruits fresh but its totally doable. Plus its more expensive than the normal breakfast." I inform him.

  At that time my phone rings. A look at the caller ID shows its Prince. I pick up the call knowing that I promised to chat with him before I went to sleep and didn't uphold the promise.