MYSTIQUE

"This issue is just going in circles. I don't know how you can picture this company as being weak but far from it we are not. We did everything we could for the development of the community. We gave you roads, water, scholarship, we even donated two transformers all so we could establish a company here. All we've gotten as payment is delay in the project, stolen material and harassment of our workers. I'm sure there is nothing to sort out." I say trying to be less emotional and more professional.

  "We understand your frustration and we are truly sorry. We would love you to reconsider your decision." Says Mr Emiko the spokesman for the traditional ruler.

  "Mr Emiko I'm a human being before I'm a busy woman. I've done business before where instead of gaining I lost. I've had losses when it comes to money but it would be stupid of me to have a loss of my life. Your sons have openly threatened me countless times and I don't want to die yet. Although I'm no longer going to be the owner of the company when it is completed the new owner Mr Townsend here has agreed to leave the benefits we've magnimously extended to your community to remain in place. In the interest of development it would be best to leave a project of this magnitude to the experts. So please let's just sign the papers and be done with this."

  The papers were signed making me breathe a very big sigh of relieve. In all my time of doing business I've never encountered a project like this one. It was like the community wanted to take advantage of me and my generosity. They didn't appreciate my kindness so let's see how cut throat contractors where going to treat them going forward.

  "What do you say we grab a bottle of champagne, find a relaxing corner and celebrate?" Asks Ellis Townsend.

  "You do know know I'm dating your brother's best friend right?" I ask him with a smirk.

  "Chris made me swear not to even hit on you before I saw you. I have interest but all I'm proposing is a celebration. This is my first major deal since I started working for my dad." He says.

  "It's good to finally unload that project on you too. But I don't drink alcohol. And knowing that you have a romantic interest in me I would love to put more space between us." I tell him making me laugh.

  "So its how it is right? You don't want to get to know me outside work so you don't fall for my charms." He says walking with me to where we are both packed.

  "Trust me I've seen charms. I don't fall for charms. Your dad and I we will have a lot of business together and I don't mix business with pleasure." I inform him.

  "Too bad I wasn't at the matriculation would have loved to see the guy that has you locked down. You truly are beautiful and if you ever feel in need of a companion all you need is to call me. I don't mind being the fuck buddy." He says seductively making me laugh

  "I truly appreciate the offer but I'll pass. Say me well to your dad. When he is ready to build that housing complex I would love to jump on the project with him." I inform him hitting the unlock button on my keypad and opening my car door.

  "Nice ride!" He says seeing the red Ferrari that I drove.

  "I'm test driving it for a friend. I personally feel they don't perform well in a country like Nigeria where the roads are not good."

  "Wish I had a friend who would lend me a Ferrari." He says smiling seductively.

  "I could introduce the both of you. She likes her cars as fast as her guys." I say returning his smile.

  "I'm interested in you and not your friend. I don't need someone who like fast. I need someone who loves life and knows how to pad accounts." He says shocking me then turning around to head to his white BMW. Typical rich kid.

  I get home take a bath then settle down for dinner by myself. As my house manager serves me my dinner I use that time to inform her of my pending visitor.

  "Aunt Laura I'm having a guest next week." She smiles on hearing that and looks at me expectantly. "Okay my boyfriend would be here next week. I would love some groceries. I'm taking the week off so I would personally be doing the cooking while he is around. I would like you to take a vacation too." I inform her smiling.

  "Its good you are finally letting a man in. I would love to meet him. Drop your list of groceries and I will see to it. I just got back from vacation and I don't need another. I will just stay in my cottage and do some knitting." She replies smiling.

  "Okay. If you say so. Since you will be around feel free to join us for meals." I tell her.

  "There would be no such thing. You work too hard and need to relax. Its been long you travelled so I know its long been long you spent quiet time together. So I'm going to give you maximum space, just holla when you need me." She tells me.

  "Okay! If you say so." I tell her.