Chapter 4

After your date with the mysterious man called Samuel Drake, your friends wanted to see you and hear all the details. You thought it wasn't a big deal, you went just a coffee with a man you didn't even know.

But yet you were in a terrace drinking coffee with your three best friends, telling about your date in years.

"Did he kiss you?" Janet asked with a smirk on her face.

"No! Of course not!" You raised your voice. God, it had been really awful if he had, you two were total strangers.

"Did he hug you?" Violet continued. You sighed, your friends were unbelievable.

"No, he didn't. God, why are you asking?"

"Because we want to know." Violet said while putting some sugar in her coffee. You shook your head and took a sip of your coffee.

You told your friends about your date with Sam. They were excited about the situation, especially when they heard that he wanted to see you again. You weren't so thrilled.

Sam walked on the street four-year-old Cassie on his shoulders eating ice cream. He had take Cassie to the park to get something else to think about than you. He didn't want to rush and push you since he noticed you were really insecure. He was planning to ask you to coffee again, but it has been only a couple of days since your date, and he didn't know when it was too early to ask you again. He didn't want to scare you off, he wanted to take it slow, made it at your pace. Then he heard a group of girls laughing.

His ears heard really familiar laugh in that crowd, but it was much more than he remembered. His eyes fixed on the terrace where he saw four women sitting, drinking coffee and laughing. He stopped walking and his heart started to race in his chest when he recognized your laugh and saw your huge smile on your beautiful face.

Your dimples were showing now better than ever, he noticed how your eyes sparkled and were full of happiness. He felt how his whole body tingled when he saw your beautiful smile.

He was lost in thoughts when he was staring at you from further. He looked how you laughed from deep down your stomach, your beautiful laugh being the only thing he heard and your smile only thing he saw.

He was pulled back to earth when little Cassie slapped him on the top of his head.

"Uncle Sam! Why you stopped?"

Sam turned his head up to see his niece on his shoulders.

"I'm sorry princess I saw a friend of my, would we dare to go to say hi to her?"

Cassie started to look around, wondering who he was talking about. Sam took that as a yes and started to head towards you, the huge smile on his face and his heart racing in his chest. He knew he's taking a risk, but you were like a magnet, pulling him towards you.

"You guys are unbelievable!" You hold your stomach when it hurt from all the laughing. Violet wiped her eyes trying to not to ruin her makeup and Annie and Janet tried to muffle their laughs into their palms.

"I hope our date wasn't that bad."

Your head snapped up when you heard that familiar voice talking front of you. Your friend's turned their head to see who was talking and everyone got their mouths open in a huge o.

"Oh hi." Shy smiled appeared on your face, and Sam couldn't help it when he was little disappointed that his present had faded your happy smile away.

"Another girl's night?"

You lowered your gaze and took a sip of your coffee while nodding. You saw on the corner of your eye how Violet turned her gaze to you and tried to tell you something with her eyes, but you ignored her.