Chapter 9

When Sam was back in town, after spending almost a week away - three days longer than he intended - he tried to call you to check your movie night was still on plan, but you didn't answer to him. You two had talked to go to movies once he's back but now he got no contact with you. He got worried, did something happen to you?

He send you messages and asked to call him if you were alright but he got nothing back. 

He walked around his apartment, smoking like a chimney inside. He brushed his hand through his hair once in awhile, while he tried to not to rush to your apartment and broke down your door to see that you were alright. He really got worried that something happened to you.

He was annoyed that he didn't have any of your friend's phone number so that he could check from them that you were alright. But would that be too desperate? Calling to your friends to ask if you were alright when you two had spoken on the phone last night.

But he couldn't help it when the worries and fear filled his mind and body. For the week he was gone, you texted him every day. And now, he hadn't heard from you since your call day before.

He tried to call you once more, hoping that this time you would answer to him. But when once again the call ended and you didn't answer, he got enough and grabbed his jacket, keys, and the pack of cigarette and rushed out. He'll need to make sure you were alright.

The way at your place felt like an eternity. When he was finally behind your door, he tried to calm himself while ringing the doorbell and waited. Nothing.

He knocked and called you. But still nothing.

He placed his ear on the door and listened, but he heard absolutely nothing.

He had no idea if you were even home.

"[Y/N] please, answer me. Please, tell me you are okay."

He grabbed his phone and called you once more. He listened through your door to hear your phone rang, or vibrate, anything, he wished to hear any sign to let him know that you are alright, but there was absolute silence inside your apartment.

He sighed deeply, stood there for a while, and when he was about to leave, he heard a small thump just right other side of your door and he pushed his ear against it. Now he heard you sigh on the other side, and he knew you were alright, well, most likely. Clearly, you weren't but at least you were alive.

"Please [Y/N] talk to me. Tell me what's wrong."

He leaned his forehead against your door and closed his eyes. Now there was literally a wall between you two, and there was no way he could break that this time. You had shut him out, and he didn't know why. When you talked on the phone every night he was gone, you sounded fine.

A small lonely tear rolled down on his cheek. He didn't know what to do, he just wanted to hold you and show you that everything will be going to be alright, to whisper in your ear that he's there and isn't going anywhere, and to try his best to kiss all your problems away.

"Please [Y/N], please. Let me in."

You could hear his voice cracking. You sat on the floor inside your apartment, leaning your door, while tears rolled down your cheeks. Your eyes were closed and you leaned on your hands, your legs pulled against your chest and your elbows leaning on your knees.

You listened how Sam begged you to talk to him, to let him in. You heard how his voice was trembling, you could hear him sniff his tears and that made you feel even more horrible.

Even you spoke that you'll take it slow, in your pace, but when you had too much time to think about everything when he was gone, you got the time to build up your safe walls back up around you. And you were once again hiding behind them and felt more and more anxious and insecure.