Chapter 12

Sun was slowly rising above the sky, and the morning light shined slightly through the curtains. Sam was not a morning person, he rather slept in the midday, but this morning, he was happy to be awake.

He laid on the bed, his hand around you when you slept peacefully in his armpit. He woke up in every movement you did during the night, he was afraid you'll wake up by yourself and won't wake him up if you're feeling bad again.

He made sure you're safely in his arms, that in your sleep you could feel him next to you, and that he isn't going anywhere.

He smoothed your shoulder with his fingers, lightly touching on your soft skin, leaving little rings on there with his fingertips. He watched as you breathed calmly, your head leaning on his chest, hand wrapped around him and your leg curled around his.

The morning light shined slightly to your hair through the curtain, making them shine like a gold. He thought that you were an angel. An angel, who brought to his life meaning and happiness.

He was so happy that you two were there, that you let him a chance to prove you that he wants nothing else to do, but to make you happy.

You sighed deeply in his arms and nuzzled your face into his clothed chest when you slowly started to wake up from your dreams, and Sam kissed your head, while you moved your head a little, opening your eyes and feeling Sam's warm body next to you.

"Morning." He whispered to you and you mumbled him back somewhere between sleep and awareness. It felt amazingly comfy to sleep in there, his safe hand around you.

"You slept well?" He continued and you raised your head to meet his eyes. You gave him a small, happy smile and he felt how his heart was pounding in his chest. Your smile was so beautiful and it totally makes him helpless. Whatever you would ask him while smiling, he'll do anything, he could never say no to that beautiful smile.

"It felt like I was sleeping in a cloud." You told him, which was true - you haven't slept as well probably ever.

You two laid there embracing each other until you rolled over and grabbed your phone from the table next to the bed. There was a couple of messages in your group chat with your friends. You opened them and rolled back on Sam's armpit.

"Oh." You said and Sam raised his head from the pillow, with a little 'hmh' escaping his lungs.

"Janet and her boyfriend Tony are keeping a housewarming party next week."

Sam smiled and leaned back to the pillow.

"She said you're invited too." You bit your lower lip while placing your phone on Sam's stomach and you felt how Sam's arm wrapped harder around you.

"I would love to meet your friends." He told and you chuckled.

"You have met them, twice."

"Yeah but not officially. I should thank them for playing an Amor. Without them, we would not be lying here now."

You smiled and hide your face deeper into his chest. Sam was right if your friends haven't given him your phone number you could have walk pass your happiness.

"Do you want me to come?" he wanted to know if you were okay with the fact that he comes with you.

"Well, why I wouldn't want you to come?" You asked and raised your head and smiled him. Sam chuckled and leaned to kiss you.

"Then I wouldn't miss it for the world." He whispered while he withdrew from the kiss, and he nuzzled his nose against yours and continued:

"There's just one thing."