Chapter 20

"Higher! Higher!" Cassie screamed on the swing when Sam pushed her some speed. You and Sam had promised to took Cassie at your place overnight, so Nathan and Elena could have some time just the two of them. And you chose to be at your place because it was comfier compared to Sam's bachelor box - and particularly Sam lived at your place since he only went to his apartment to get himself more clothes.

You were sitting on the bench of the park, looking how Sam pushed Cassie on the swing, her smile brightening the whole world and her laugh filling the air.

You adored them, they were a perfect match. Your mind started to wonder, wonder what might have happened if Sam hadn't ended up in prison. Where would he be now? Would he have a family somewhere? Would he be right now at the park with his own children, while his wife looks at them enjoying their life?

You lowered your gaze to your hands and played with your fingers. What does future hold you two? Do you and Sam be together until you're old and gray?

You heard Cassie screaming and raised your gaze, seeing how the two of them were running around the swings, Sam bending down, shoulders wide and arms spread open, while Cassie runs away her little hands in the air.

Sam was already started to gray, not much though, you had noticed couple gray hairs here and there, but you didn't mention it to him. He was much older than you were, and sometimes he was worried about his age, and you didn't want to remind him of it, by telling that he had already gray hair in that thick brown hair of his.

You watched how Sam catches Cassie and started to spin her around, huge smiles on their both faces.

You wondered did he want to have children of his own. You weren't sure if you ever wanted. Life was already a little bit too complicated. And you and Sam had dated just three months now, it was too early to talk about children - or anything.

And if you were honest with yourself, you were terrified. You didn't want to ask him does he want to have children. Even you didn't know if you wanted them yourself, you were afraid he says no and then you realized you wanted, and then there was no point to be together if you two didn't want same things from your lives.

Sam put Cassie down and they started to race to you. Sam let Cassie to lead for a moment, before he rushed with couple huge steps to you, sitting next to you and taking you into his armpit.

"I won!" He laughed. Cassie runs to you and crawled into your lap, hugging you. You hug her back, while Sam looked at you two with a smile on his face.

"What?" You asked when you noticed he was staring.

"Nothing." He kissed your forehead, and then he smoothed Cassie's hair. Cassie moved to sit on Sam's lap, as you searched from you bag some juices to each of you. You handed the juice to Cassie, and she took it and started to drink it. Sam looked you with a smile as you gave him his own juice.

You sat there on the bench, drinking juice and talking about what you were gonna do in the evening.

"Do you have any Disney movies?" Cassie asked you and huge smile raised to your lips.

"Of course I do, they are my favorite."

"Can we watch some?" She asked while looking at you with her hazel-colored eyes. You looked those eyes, they were almost as beautiful as Sam's was. Nathan's eyes were all blue, and Cassie had got her eyes from her mother.

"Of course we can, we can eat some popcorn and hides under the blanket on the couch."

"What about me?" Sam asked and interrupted you two.

"You are watching it with us." You smiled at him, and he rolled his eyes while standing up and hopping Cassie up to his shoulders. Cassie took a good hold of his hair, to keep herself balanced and Sam turned to look at you, offering his hand.