Chapter 46

Tears couldn't stop falling when you were holding your tiny angels. You needed to stay in the hospital for a few days, Sandra and Aaron little longer.

Once again you were holding both of your little miracles on your chest, under the blanket keeping them warm, Sam lying on the bed with you, mesmerized of the two little human beings he made with you.

His hand was wrapped around you and he leaned his cheek on your head while he looked at his little prince and princess sleeping on your chest.

Once in a while tear escaped from his eye, he never imagined that he could ever feel the way he was feeling now.

Even it has been few days since your little boy and girl came to your lives to fulfill your love, he still couldn't believe it.

He was a father.

He had now daughter and son. That was more than he could ever ask for. The love what filled his heart was almost too much to handle. His life was now perfect.

You turned to look at Sam, happy smile on your face and Sam leaned to kiss softly you on your forehead.

"I love you." - He whispered to you and you whispered the same thing him back.

"You want to hold them?" - You asked and Sam's heart skipped a beat. He hadn't held them both at the same time.

Your babies were so small and fragile that he was afraid that he's going to break them, or that he was going to drop them.

But he nodded and got up from the bed, as the nurse who was in your room walked to the bed, took little Sandra from your chest, placing her in Sam's arms.

You kissed little Aaron's head, before the nurse took him too, giving him to Sam while he tried to steady his shaking hands so he would not drop them.

He looked those two little buns in his hands, who made small noises in their sleep and Sam started to talk to them, with the same calm voice he'd been talking to them for a long time when they were still inside you.

"Hey little ones, it's daddy."

He looked at both of his children.

His princess.

His prince.

Two of the most perfect human beings what earth could carry.

They were half him and half you. Made by the love you two shared, the love you both never could have imagine that you will find.

But your destinies was supposed to entwine, at some point.

Maybe everything what had happened in both of your lives, happened so you two could be now here where you were now.

He turned to look at you with a huge grin on his face, and eyes filled nothing else but love and happiness.

He was so happy that it cringed his chest, in a good way.

You had a small smile on your lips when you looked him back from the bed, looking how he holds your miracles on his huge arms.

It was the most beautiful sight you had ever seen. You knew Sam would be a perfect father. He would love those kids so much, spoil them and take good care of them. And they would live a happy life, knowing their parents loved them more than anything.

You sighed deeply before you closed your eyes, you were still tired and you knew you needed rest before all four of you can go home, starting to live like a family.

Sam started to walk a little around the room, swinging softly his little babies, humming quietly.

When you heard him humming, you looked at Sam with hooded eyes, tears starting to flow down your cheeks when you watched him.

It was just perfect.

The moment when you thought you had lost your little Aaron, was the most horrific thing in your life.

The doctors said, that because he wasn't breathing for a long time, it might have affected his brain, but that would be seen when he grows.

You wished nothing had affected him. You would not stop blaming yourself if Aaron got some symptoms what will follow him for the rest of his life.

The night your twins were born, you cried until you fell asleep, while Sam held you, telling you it wasn't any way your fault what happened to Aaron.

The nurse told Sam she needed to take the twins to the other room, where there was neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), where your twins will stay when they are not with you two.

They recommended also kangaroo care, which is also called skin-to-skin care, where babies are kept skin-to-skin with a parent, typically their mother. So when your twins are with you, they stay on your chest under the blanket, so they get the warmth from your body, which also makes you bond with them.

Sam watched how the nurse took your babies out of the room, and when the door closed after her, he turned to look at you.

You laid in the bed your eyes closed, he knew you were tired and you needed rest.

He carefully walked to the bed, slowly laid down with you, as you made him room and snuggled against him as he kissed your forehead.

"Sleep baby, I'll keep you safe." - he whispered to you, you nodding against his chest and sighing long.

"You need strength so we can take our miracles back home with us." - he smiled, rubbing gently your back when he imagined having all three of you at home with him.

The house felt so quiet and empty when you weren't there. He wished he could have stayed in the hospital with you during nights, but doctors declined.

So every night he went home, made some little things in the babies room, moved the crip to your room so the babies are close you two when they come home until they are big enough to move to upstairs to their own room.

Soon he heard how you breathed calmly in his arms when you had fallen asleep. So he closed his eyes too, letting himself to fall asleep too, wishing that few weeks will go fast, so he could take home his family.