Chapter 38

Sam opened the front door of the house, holding your hand and leading you slowly inside. You looked at the house. It was clean and everything was in their place. Your friends and Elena had worked there hard while you were in the hospital. They put all the stuff on order, cleaned the house, made everything ready for you to come back home. So all you can do was rest and take it easy.

When Sam closed the door behind you and you were inside, you saw in the dining room all of your friends, Nate, Elena and little Cassie - even Sully, with the huge cake on the table. You started to cry, hiding your face in your hands.

Sam rubbed your back gently and kissed long your hair.

"Welcome home baby." He whispered to you and lead you to the dining room where you hugged all your visitors.

You looked at the table and the cake. On the topping, there was pink and blue creamed words of 'boy' and 'girl'

"You guys shouldn't have." You wept and wiped your tears away from your cheeks.

"Well, maybe, but we wanted to welcome you home." Elena smiled and pointed to the chair to you to sit down to it.

You sat down and everyone gathered around you, as Nate was preparing the camera on the other side of the table to take a picture.

"Okay, I think I can handle this..." He mumbled himself, and you heard how Elena chuckled behind you. Nate was poor with technology, he was almost even worse than Sam - who spent 13 years in prison, without any touch to technology.

You looked around you, your friends, Sam and his family around you. Your friends and Elena and Nate had met couple times, you wanted them to get to know each other's since your friends were your family as the Elena and Nate - and Cassie - were Sam's and now also your family too.

And they get along really well. Your friends laughed a lot to Nate and Sam's lame jokes, and Elena has become almost part of your little girl group. The five of you made a promise that when the babies were born and were big enough, you will have a girl's night as Nate and Sam take care of the babies and Cassie.

"Okay, I think I broke it." Nate finally sighed and Elena puffed as she walked to the other side of the table to see what he managed to do now. You felt how someone pulled your sleeve and you looked down on your left, to see little Cassie's hazel-eyes staring at you, with a huge smile on her face.

She opened her arms, to giving you a hint to took her in your lap but you smoothed her cheek and told her that you can't raise her for a while, that you need to take easy so the babies won't born too early. Cassie frowned a little, and soon Violet turned her around and lifted her into her lap.

"I can hold you, you little cutie." Violet smiled at Cassie, poked her nose with, and Cassie hugged her deeply. Violet came very well along with Cassie, even she had little punky style and most of the kids were scared of her, but not Cassie, she adored her. Violet was really warm and kind to everyone, and the way she talked with her calm and gentle voice to Cassie, made her trust her.

Sam kissed the top of your head, as resting his hands on your shoulders. You closed your eyes and smiled amply, while listening how Nate and Elena argued when she tried to tell Nate that all he needed to do was push the button, rush to the other side of the table, that the timer will take the picture in ten seconds.

Elena pushed the button, took Nate's hand and rushed with him to the other side of the table.

"Okay, everyone, smile!" She yelled as all of you turned your gaze to the camera, smiling and waiting for it to take a picture.

Soon the camera flashed and Elena rushed back to see what kind of picture it had taken. Her smiled faded and she raised her gaze to Nate.

"Really Nate? You made me bunny ears?"