Chapter Five

Flicking through the pages of the book, I kept my highlighter at the ready just in case I'd find anything of use, except I couldn't find anything. This was possibly the eighth or tenth book I'd acquired in the past few days - all of which had practically broken my bank. And still I'd found nothing. I'd made it through the entirety of the Les Miserables soundtrack, the phantom of the opera soundtrack, and now I was at a loss. Between annoying the hell out of both Stiles and Noah and annoying the hell out of myself for my lack of findings, I was growing annoyed.

Everything about that man annoyed me. He'd beaten me at chess in a way which was impossible for me to understand. It didn't matter which play I used to get out of the corner it was inevitable that I would lose. He was so painfully cryptic and so far he seemed to be the only one with all the answers. My own sanity seemed to rest in his hands.

"Hey, Grace, we got to get to school," Stiles voice rang out and I groaned out of annoyance slamming the book onto the table. Pushing myself out of my seat, I was about to walk out with him when I remembered the bruises around my wrist which still hadn't left and so I was forced to grab a on the way. Climbing into the jeep with him, I brushed my hair out of my face as I looked to him confused.

"Why are you looking stressed?"

"Because Scott messaged me saying that something happened this morning and with Derek out of jail..." he trailed off and I nodded slowly.

"Right, he's out now," I muttered as if confirming it in my mind. Maybe he would have answers, that was if he didn't try and kill me first for my role in getting him in jail in the first place. Perhaps I could tempt him with another game of chess.

Getting to the school, we met up with Scott and walked through the halls and Scott began to tell us about his dream that he'd had the previous night. The one which was the issue he had gotten. "So, you killed her?" Stiles finalised once he was finished and Scott shrugged his shoulder his voice filled with panic.

"I don't know. I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before." He explained and Stiles nodded slowly.

"Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently..."

"Ugh," I groaned out batting his arm, "Stiles! Shut it."

"A) I mean I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B) never give me that much detail about you in bed again," Scott scoffed.

"I second that, don't do it," I growled.

"Noted. Let me take a guess here--"

"No, I know, you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out," Scott added on and I nodded to show that I understood.

"No, of course not!" He muttered before nodding, "yeah, that's totally it. Hey, come on! It's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a Lycanthropy for Beginners class you can take."

"Yeah... not a class, but maybe a teacher." Scott realised and I nodded in understanding.

"Who, Derek?" Stiles asked. Perhaps, he'd have answers and he'd actually understand what he was telling me, although of course he'd knew what he was talking about. Maybe I should go see him and ask him what he was talking about. "You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?"

"I mean... it was your fault," I pointed out as we got closer to the door that led to outside.

"Yeah, I know, but chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus... it felt so real."