Chapter Twenty-Two

Grabbing one of Stiles' fries I pulled it back to my mouth to eat as Stiles had already nicked several of mine. We were both sat in the Sheriff's station having dinner with Noah. It was to celebrate the possibility of good health as Stiles was the only one who seemed to have the possibility of being completely fine as of this moment.

"Ugh," Noah groaned and I glanced up to see him biting into the burger, "what the hell is this?" He asked and I looked over to Stiles wanting to know. He was always changing their order to make it as healthy as possible.

"Veggie burger."

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger."

"Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy."

"Oh hell... Why are you trying to ruin my life?"

"Stiles, it's a take out," I pointed out, "it doesn't matter what you get from that place it's going to be unhealthy. If you really want us to be healthy you should try a home cooked meal. Or there's a vegan restaurant in the next town over..." I trailed off, I'd read it in the news during my break from school. It proved how boring Beacon Hills was to the average person when there was news of a new restaurant in a different town.

"I'm trying to extend your lives, okay? Could you just eat it, please? And you need to make sure you take your medication," a sigh fell from my lips as he turned his attention to me, "the doctor said one in the morning and one at night - don't double take if you miss one-"

"Stiles," I cut in, "I know," I assured and he glared at me for a second before nodding, turning back his attention to Noah.

"Now tell me what you found."

Noah scoffed at the possibility. Much like the majority he was happy and comforted by Stiles endearment and determination to keep us all healthy, but it was still Stiles. "No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with a teenager..."

Shrugging, I began to steal more of Stiles food thinking nothing off the dismissal. It was Stiles, he would find out.

"Is that it on the board behind you?"

Stiles began to shift around knocking into me as he tried to dodge Noah's face who was moving around in hopes of hiding the board, "don't look at that...avert your eyes..." he tried and after being knocked into for the second time I shoved my hand into Stiles arm pushing him back down.

"Okay..." Stiles droned sitting back down and as Noah settled into his own seat for the second time he bolted back up to look around. "Just-it's just-I see arrows pointing at pictures!"

"Okay, okay, stop. Fine. I found something," Noah finally snapped and a smile formed on my face as I glanced at Stiles' wide eyes. He could be a pain sometimes, a lovely pain, but still a pain. "The mechanic and the couple who were murdered-- they all had something in common."

"All of them? So there's motive?" I asked and Stilinski nodded.

"Yeah. You know what I always say... "One's an incident. Two's a coincidence--""

""--Three's a pattern."" Stiles finished and Noah nodded an excited hope forming on his face.

"The mechanic, the husband, the wife? All the same age. All twenty-four," he said and I nodded slowly, but Stiles had already picked up on the flaw.

"Wait, what about Mr. Lahey? I mean, Isaac's dad isn't anywhere near twenty-four..."

"Which made me think that either A) Lahey's murder wasn't connected, or B) the ages were a coincidence... Until I found this, which would be C)-- Did you know that Isaac Lahey had an older brother named Camden?" He asked handing over a file to Stiles and I peered over his shoulder to see what was being said.